Salads

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Seafood Salad

The salad is easy because all of the seafood is in the stores all year round, The best thing is that you don't have to cook it.

Ingredients
1 medium to large sized head of iceberg lettuce
a few leaves of red lettuce
2 or 3 stalks celery thinly sliced on the bias
small green bell pepper finely sliced
Small red bell pepper finely sliced
several green onions sliced
One pound each of hand peeled shrimp, smoked salmon finely sliced, Imitation crab diced.

Pull the lettuce apart with your hands and toss in a suitable salad bowl with the celery, green onions, and bell peppers. Add the fish so it is evenly distributed through the salad.

Salad dressing can be whatever you decide....enjoy

A nice fresh loaf of French bread goes well with this salad...

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A nice fresh loaf of French bread goes well with this salad...

It sounds like that salad would also go well, with a cream dressing IN the French bread and sliced up as a quick lunch for guests.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
cabbage
bean sprouts
green onions
sunflower seeds
red pepper
sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
sesame seeds, toasted

asian salad dressing... my 'recipe' resembles this one... but with freshly minced ginger and garlic, and a bit of chili paste if I'm not feeding kids.

• 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • Up to 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
  • freshly ground black or white pepper (or to taste)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It sounds like that salad would also go well, with a cream dressing IN the French bread and sliced up as a quick lunch for guests.

Yeah, you could do that too. Jan's nursing classmates from Queens arrive every year or so and they think I'm a genius for inventing that salad.....;-):smile: (I don't know who invented it but I'll gladly take the credit..;-) I don't know what they might think if I presented it to them in a loaf besides, it's kind of fun putting that salad together in front of company in about four minutes...Makes me look good.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Oops. Sorry Karrie. I cut down a large salad but I didn't cut down the seafood so I can now understand your post. Three pounds of fish and a pound of lettuce are a little out of kilter....;-):smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oops. Sorry Karrie. I cut down a large salad but I didn't cut down the seafood so I can now understand your post. Three pounds of fish and a pound of lettuce are a little out of kilter....;-):smile:

Well, tastes can be pretty different, so I wasn't too sure. lol.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Sounds a bit like my smoked oyster/lemon shrimp salad except for the lemon and the smoked oysters. lol.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
cabbage
bean sprouts
green onions
sunflower seeds
red pepper
sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
sesame seeds, toasted

asian salad dressing... my 'recipe' resembles this one... but with freshly minced ginger and garlic, and a bit of chili paste if I'm not feeding kids.

• 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • Up to 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
  • freshly ground black or white pepper (or to taste)
mmmmmmm I gotta try this one. TY :)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lmao I'd love it.