Blender Drinks

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We get a lot of use out of our blender. One drink I like to make is homemade orange julius. I don't really measure but if I had to guess...

2 cups milk
2 cups pure orange juice (not from concentrate)
1/2 package of instant vanilla pudding
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

I'm sure there are a million ways to make it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We get a lot of use out of our blender. One drink I like to make is homemade orange julius. I don't really measure but if I had to guess...

2 cups milk
2 cups pure orange juice (not from concentrate)
1/2 package of instant vanilla pudding
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

I'm sure there are a million ways to make it.

That sounds like a drink the grand kids would like. Karrie's drink sounds like something I would like if and when we get some decent Summer weather.;-)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
1 cup starwberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2 bananas
1 cup of fruit punch

Makes a damn good smoothie. Sometimes I throw in some raspberries or blackberries as well, if I have them.

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
I used to make this every morning:

1 cup milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla

It was my substitute for coffee in the morning because it was better for me than 2 cups of coffee

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
tequila
lime juice
salt
ice

That's the only recipe you need.

Hey Karrie, finish the recipe. Is that a bottle of Tequila and a bottle of lime juice? Oops....You dip the glass in the lime juice, then in the salt, and top off the glass with iced Tequila......That sounds a lot like a Margarita...;-):lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hey Karrie, finish the recipe. Is that a bottle of Tequila and a bottle of lime juice? Oops....You dip the glass in the lime juice, then in the salt, and top off the glass with iced Tequila......That sounds a lot like a Margarita...;-):lol:

Half the fun is figuring out the recipe. Iol. I have no clue what the right proportions are. A splash of tequila, a sprinkle of salt, a liberal bit of lime juice, and some ice. Blend it, and drink the slushy goodness.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Half the fun is figuring out the recipe. Iol. I have no clue what the right proportions are. A splash of tequila, a sprinkle of salt, a liberal bit of lime juice, and some ice. Blend it, and drink the slushy goodness.

You don't actually put lime juice in the drink. It is enough if you simply say "lime juice" in the same room. Keep the Tequila in the freezer and you can do away with the ice..........;-)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You don't actually put lime juice in the drink. It is enough if you simply say "lime juice" in the same room. Keep the Tequila in the freezer and you can do away with the ice..........;-)

No way... I like slushy lime margaritas. The juice is a must.

If I'm going to drink straight tequila, I'll sip it at room temp.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
figures....... Karrie immediatley thinks of booze.
You have anything USEFUL to contribute? Or are you just showing off your usual lack of good sense?

Smoothie:

Fill the blender about a third-full with strawberries (or whatever you prefer), and add a about a cup of milk, a quarter cup of demerara or splenda, a tablespoon of vanilla, two scoops of protein powder, vanillla i-scream to thicken.

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
You have anything USEFUL to contribute? Or are you just showing off your usual lack of good sense?

Smoothie:

Fill the blender about a third-full with strawberries (or whatever you prefer), and add a about a cup of milk, a quarter cup of demerara or splenda, a tablespoon of vanilla, two scoops of protein powder, vanillla i-scream to thicken.

That sounds really good and healthy but I am not sure what protein powder is or where to buy it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Thanks Les, but, I can assure you that if gerry meant anything by it, it was nothing more than friendly concern over too much partying.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Sorry. It just annoyed me. Didn't have much to do with blender drinks either.

Um, a lighter version of the smoothie I mentioned early would be to blend a couple handfuls of strawberries (or whatever) with a liter of milk. I wouldn't try anything too acidic though unless you want runny, fruit-flavored cottage cheese.