Welcome to Juan's Kitchen!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Legendary Canadian Content member #juan will lead this culinary retreat. Join #juan and others in the quest for extraordinary cuisine. Thanks for taking the lead #juan. We pass the hat to you.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Congrats.... I make good home fries.... um.... that's about it. Everything else is just by instinct on what I think might taste good.

So far no complaints, lol....... through they died shortly afterwards from unknown sources..... funny how that happened a lot of times, here and there.

It's true.... except for the deaths. Nobody died. I just like twist a story halfway through, just to see if yer still paying attention.

Hopefully I'll catch something interesting.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
No problem Praxius. Cooking is generally just common sense and experience. You eventually learn what works and what doesn't.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Tonight Colonel Sanders is cooking our dinner. I know it's full of cholestrol and transfat and sodium but I like it....

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Hey welcome Juan - I can't wait to read about more of your culinary adventures - the recipes you've posted in the past have been mouth watering just to read!

(I still haven't tried that German dish you posted awhile ago - maybe this weekend)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Just bought 5 lbs. certified organic blueberries today, to add to the first 5 lbs, which
are in the freezer. They are expensive but wonderful.

Of all the dishes I love, and there are many, our breakfast each and every morning is in
the top five.

creamy porridge,with ground flax seeds and sesame seeds on top, then a mashed banana on top, with 'above blueberries' sprinkled here and
there, and maple syrup drizzled across, and a little milk of course. In our case we use skim milk, but I know that
a little cream would be so tasty.

I grind the seeds in the coffee grinder, as, if you eat them whole you won't digest them, they will go 'right' through. When ground, they must be frozen, so I grind a plastic container of them, both kinds mixed together, and the whole ones can be kept in the
cupboard, as they will keep. Very healthy.

I remember my mother telling me about their porridge breakfasts in swiftcurrent, when
she was a child. In the cold winter months, her mother used to make the porridge late
at night in a large pot, then set it aside on the stove 'overnight', and they would have it
in the morning. Big old wood stove, and probably about 40 below outside, brrrrr.
How spoiled we are now, I love it.

I welcome your kitchen to the forum, it will be fun.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
The noble Yam. Cook it, skin it, blenderize that sucker. Mix it with a little cream cheese and add some Taco seasoning to taste. Monkey around with it until you find the right mix for your taste and look out. It's a healthy alternative to dips and it's killer.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The noble Yam. Cook it, skin it, blenderize that sucker. Mix it with a little cream cheese and add some Taco seasoning to taste. Monkey around with it until you find the right mix for your taste and look out. It's a healthy alternative to dips and it's killer.

The noble yam indeed. Another way is to peal them and cut them into French fry like chips and deep fry them. Of course the old standby is to peel, cook, and mash them with a bit of butter and a touch of brown sugar.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
So much for Juan's Kitchen. KFC sucks big time....

Hey, you like what you like. There are enough KFC stores around to suggest I'm not alone. Instead of criticizing, why don't you give us a recipe................;-)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hey, you like what you like. There are enough KFC stores around to suggest I'm not alone. Instead of criticizing, why don't you give us a recipe................;-)

Our KFC disappeared a long time ago, and we don't have one 'at all' in the comox valley.
I know it is terribly unhealthy, but for a treat once in awhile, it is delicious, just the
chicken though, I wouldn't buy anything else there.
We thought another one would open somewhere around here, but, never did.