The 10% Club

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Recent articles on weight, diabetes, polycystic ovary disease, and fibromyalgia, have all touted the same magic bullet to either prevent, control, or bring about a remission....

Lose 10% of your body weight.

I'm going for it. And trying to make hubby go for it too.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why would you hubby be against you losing 10% of your weight?

That advise is only good for people who are more than 10% overweight, being underweight can be just as bad as being too heavy.

For instance, fibromyalgia might be caused by other 'conditions'. I don't say weight might not be a factor but if it is caused by fluoride poisoning then losing weight is not the best way to combat it. This site also covers the other two conditions you mentioned, I don't believe weight is seen as one of the biggest factors.
http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/fibromyalgia_remedies.html

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Why would you hubby be against you losing 10% of your weight?

I said 'get him to go for it too' meaning for him to get healthier too. lol. Not to have to convince him that I should lose weight.

10% for him is about exactly what the doc's recommended. I figure with two of us supporting one another, it's just easier.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Karrie, do push ups and situps every morning and evening. I started doing that again and I am shedding the winter blubber pretty quick.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Husbands just love it when the wives volunteer them for such tasks. LOL What's next a huge stone patio?
If you want to lose weight try sticking to 1000 calories a day, I've seen 1 person do and they lost a lot of weight in a short period of time and it stayed away. Good luck, be warned your hubby might prefer you show him that it can even be done in the first place before he takes the plunge.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Karrie, do push ups and situps every morning and evening. I started doing that again and I am shedding the winter blubber pretty quick.

I'm in a weekly Pilates class now, and now that I'm getting the basics down, I hope to add to that a mid week solo session. Plus more walking. And I quit buying wine on a weekly basis. *sob*

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Husbands just love it when the wives volunteer them for such tasks. LOL What's next a huge stone patio?
If you want to lose weight try sticking to 1000 calories a day, I've seen 1 person do and they lost a lot of weight in a short period of time and it stayed away. Good luck, be warned your hubby might prefer you show him that it can even be done in the first place before he takes the plunge.

Do you know my hubby? He'll be fine with it MHz, but I'll be sure to tell him of your concern. lol.

On a related note, last summer we stripped the house and garage of stucco, trenched in power to the hot tub and garage, took out an old deck, and removed concrete. We hauled over 4000 kilos of debris to the dump, all of it loaded by hand by hubby, and that doesn't even take into account the amount of dirt moved in trenching. A stone patio would be like a vacation for him now. lol.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I'm in a weekly Pilates class now, and now that I'm getting the basics down, I hope to add to that a mid week solo session. Plus more walking. And I quit buying wine on a weekly basis. *sob*

I have increased my walking quite a bit too, I walk to the beer store now instead of driving. :canada:

I think I am going to buy some weights and start working out at my place... get all ghetto and work out in my back yard, I'll pretend it's a prison pen and I'm one of the gan leader. Represent yo

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh, that would be sweet. But you have to get a big ghetto blaster, k?

I'm thinking, honestly, about weight equipment for hubby's garage, if he'd let me take up some space out there.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I said "if he'd let me take up some room out there". I could use some light weights. And now that the stucco's gone and the trenching's finished, he could probably use some too. I don't really like the idea of destroying the house and yard on a yearly basis just to keep him in shape. lol.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Remember to feed him more if you also have him 'exercising', better yet get him some 'power tools' and then both do the diet thing over a tall pitcher of cold drinks.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
considering that my husband gets home and goes straight to work on the house most nights, putting a new bathroom, fixing plumbing, redoing electrical... I can't really pry the power tools out of his hands. 'Giving' them to him would be downright hilarious.

***oh crap... I just got this sneaking suspicion that this isn't what you meant*** :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's good to hear, hope it stays that way for many years.

Did you read that link?

Yes I did. If there's one thing you learn when you come down with a chronic illness, it's to avoid any source of information that's willing to sell you a 'cure' as that site does. If there were a cure for fibro, we'd know about it. I've probably spent more than $1000 on assorted 'cures', such as the 5HTP mentioned in your link, only to have them make me sicker than I began. Nothing spells disaster like unsupervised use of anti-depressants (which is what 5HTP does). It's wreaked havoc in many people's lives by touting itself as safe and natural.

Snake oil salesmen.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I have to admit I wouldn't have spent much time even reading about 5HTP, I would have considered other parts a bit more seriously though.

[SIZE=-1]Mycoplasma caused fibromyalgia cannot grow well in a healthy body with a strong immune systems. However you can severely compromise the immune system several ways, some of which is not as obvious as you might think, but keen observations will be noted as thus:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. Brominated foods (nearly all white bread and white flour are bleached processed using the bromine process. A bromine will displace iodine, which is important for both the body's metabolism AND immune system. 2. Chlorinated water (most tap water are chlorinated and chlorine DISPLACES iodine. 3. Fluoridated products (obviously toothpaste, mouthwash and the drinking water in some localities) Halogens (usually Fluorine, Bromine and Chlorine) displaces Iodine lowering the immune system and this invites the mycoplasma into the system. Once they are in, its relatively difficult to get rid of except two major remedies: baking soda and borax) 4. Vaccination (rich with weak living mycoplasma and heavy metals, such as mercury and aluminum) 5. Chemicals and Artificial sweetners (aspartame) They break down into toxic chemicals which lowers the immune system. 6. Long term acidosis (most people's urine pH are well below 6, where the optimum pH is closer to 7)"[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Therefore the remedies required to treat fibromyalgia is in two stages:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. Deal with mycoplasma (fungus) 2. Deal with virus[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]My updated observations of fibromyalgia (August 2007) of several people whose condition of fibromyalgia disappeared if the following remedies were taken for just the first stage:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]First Stage: Mycoplasma fibromyalgia remedy 1. Magnesium 2. Malic acid (or apple cider vinegar) 3. Boron 4. Hydrogen Peroxide[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The magnesium chloride, or magnesium citrate were taken about 250-500 mg/day for a period of a couple of months. The malic acid (rids of aluminum and restores energy) is more difficult to deal with as it is acid and had to be be neutralized with baking soda to form sodium malate, also about the same portion as 250-500 mg/day. 250 mg is roughly about 1/4 teaspoon of malic acid plus about 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to get it slightly alkaline solution. However, in the case of joint pain a stronger alkalization is needed to neutralize this form of mycoplasma (and a more severe form can exists in lupus) is 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar plus 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in at least 1/2 glass of water taken twice a day, once in the morning and once before bedtime.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The only remedy I know that can deal with joint pain from mycoplasma or mycobacterium is the borax. Of course I can take usually 1/4 teaspoon of borax in one liter of drinking water. The one liter mixture can be prepared and taken anywhere once or twice a week spaced equally apart, such as one on Tuesday another on Thursday. Some will take it as frequent as 4 days out of a week. Now a woman's dose in my opinion needs about 1/2 that dose which would be about 1/8 teaspoon, but some do in fact take 1/4 teaspoon borax in a liter of water.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]While some people may not like taking apple cider vinegar, there are alternatives, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water taken twice a day, once in the morning and once before bedtime, and on an empty stomach.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]As to the brain fog and tiredness the hydrogen peroxide helped fairly quickly. The usual dose is about 3 drops - 6 drops of 3% H2O2 hydrogen peroxide food grade in 1 full glass of water usually taken once a day or twice a day. If once a day, then it's in the morning. If it's twice a day then one in the morning and one in the late afternoon just after work, where the body's demand for oxygen rises enormously during that time and peroxide added to the water is most helpful.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Once the first stage is completed after a couple of months, there will be other lingering conditions that remain those are viral. On the other hand if there was no joint pains and no other conditions that resemble fungus in nature than a second remedy or second stage ones is what I would use.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Second Stage: Antiviral and Neural Rebuilding Remedy 1. Vitamin B complex taken twice a week. 2. Zinc gluconate or zinc acetate supplements, usually once a week or once every two weeks. 3. 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water, taken twice a day OR 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar plus 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water taken twice a day. 4. Amino acid supplements 5. Some seaweed or iodine foot painting to deal with the immune systems.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I wouldn't call the above 'snake oil' as those things are quite common. Did the issue of fluoride ever come up in your research?
[/SIZE]