Favorite beer(s)?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I have a couple, my favorite is Kilkenny. I also like the Propeller bitter, a brewary in Halifax makes 'em, and Guiness, the beer that drinks like a meal!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I kind of like the Bavarian ale my neighbour brews myself. I don't drink anymore, but you try and tell that to a 82 year old German, that brews his own beer and stuffs his own sausages. You do not get invited over for kruat and sausage and escape without having one of his prized brews.lol.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Sam Adams Light Ale. Not too shabby.

If you really want great beer though head East, I mean all the way to Europe, Germany or Hungary would be best.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Well, you'd be suprised to find out that a large majority of beers in the UK are of a Canadian origin (hey, I work part-time behind a bar, I read the paper receipts when collecting a delivery....sometimes!!!) I mean, You would be SHOCKED that virtually nobody knows here that Carling is a Canadian brand.

I get punters come up asking for a "Carlsburg please", pointing to the Carling, to which I ask "you mean Carling right?, one's Canadian, the other's Danish?"...to which most of the knuckle-draggers just moan or say "yeah I knew that uh-hu"..pondlife really.

I personally found most US beers to be as weak as tap-water, I likened the expereince to being in egypt....drowning in the nile!!!......they have certificates for their beer in the US of A....I should know, I've had a few days off with it too!!!.

Nah, the best Beer I ever tasted would probably be a Romanian brand called Ursus (in Romania funnily enough). Spitfire Bitter from the Badger Brewery round my way isnt too bad either.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
North American, British or Irish guiness?

Should be all the same recipe cheif, depends how your barperson pours it though...needs a good 2 minutes to settle down half way thru usually...I leave it and either put sumthing else thru at just below the guiness mark, then finish it off.....usually with a four leaf clover....cus I can lol

Toro

Senate Member
Should be all the same recipe cheif, depends how your barperson pours it though...needs a good 2 minutes to settle down half way thru usually...I leave it and either put sumthing else thru at just below the guiness mark, then finish it off.....usually with a four leaf clover....cus I can lol

Unh-unh!

Its different!

Or at least that's what I was told when I pulled bitter on Fleet Street...

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Unh-unh!

Its different!

Or at least that's what I was told when I pulled bitter on Fleet Street...

Then someone wants to have a word with Guiness's PR people, because the latest ad clearly states it's the same, wherever you drink it.

gearheaded1

Never stop questioning
Oct 21, 2006
Alberta
The Germans have it.

German beer, hands down is the best. They have it down to a fine art. No preservatives (I.E. No hangover). Beer corresponds to the glass which corresponds to the coaster when served.

Erdinger beer is my favorite, a German wheat beer. Really good brew.

Barring that, I'll take a guinness.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

There's only one! Simply the BEST!