Pennsylvania
Serving Size (2)
Time: 10 Min.
(1 Large) Yellow Onion
(1 Cup) Red Wine Vinegar
(5 oz.) Spicey Brown Mustard
(1) Medium Saucepan
**NOTE** Start this before you cook the steak

Pour the Vinegar into the sauce pan. Mix in the mustard. Use a fork or a whip and break down the mustard as much as possible. Apply to a low heat.

Take (1)Large yellow onion, peel and cut it into 1/4" rings. You can make them as thin or as thick as you prefer. *If your sink is large enough place the cutting board in and run cold water, no tears. Wash hands after handling the onion. Stir the Vinegar and mustard again before placing the onion rings in. Allow all to simmer very low heat stirring occasionally.

You want to allow the mix to reduce and thicken. The onions will be limp when then are cooked through but still have the texture when you bite into them.

Serve in bowl as side compliment, very tangy some people may not want steak smothered.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I'm trying this with my steak tomorrow.

Ha Ha. Another visit to the necropolis. Look at this guy's tag line, 'Liquor'd up and Lash'n out' He must have been a hoot!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I tried it last night with steak....Excellent.... It also goes great with cheese dishes. Thank you. If Walla Walla onions are available, I think they improve the recipe....Problem is, that they are seldom in the stores.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I was too busy with the decorating of the house and setting up the tree. Next week I'm having it. Thanks for the review #juan.