Meet the 'Hamdog': A mashup of a hot dog and a hamburger

spaminator
Meet the 'Hamdog': A mashup of a hot dog and a hamburger
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 07:37 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 07:49 PM EDT
If you've ever found yourself in the position of having to choose between a hot dog or a hamburger, an Australian man has solved your problem.
The 'Hamdog' is the junk food creation of Mark Murray, an entrepreneur from Perth, Australia who first pitched the idea on the Australian version of Shark Tank last year.
While the judges smirked at his idea, Murray may get the last laugh after successfully patenting his idea (external - login to view).
The buns – that look like the shape of the planet Saturn – are made by hand to fit a burger patty cut in half with a hot dog placed in the middle, Murray told the Daily Mail. The double meat concoction is then topped with lettuce, cheese, tomato, mayonnaise , mustard and tomato sauce.
Murray and his team have started selling the Hamdog at different events around Perth for $8 each.
“We launched our marquee two months ago and we had people come from everywhere just to experience the Hamdog,” Murray told news.com.au.
Murray also added he's looking for like-minded business people to invest in the Hamdog.
Australian entrepreneur Mark Murray pitched the idea of the "Hamdog" on the Australian version of Shark Tank last year. (Relax TV/YouTube screengrab)

wwwyoutubecomwatchvgrvFYV6fQ4M

wwwyoutubecomwatchvka5iPHHcJyo

Meet the 'Hamdog': A mashup of a hot dog and a hamburger | Eat | Life | Toronto
hamdog.com.au (external - login to view)

petros
Add an egg and you'd have the Skookumchuck burger from the Tomahawk BBQ

Ludlow
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler might be able to eat that big sum beech.

Danbones
milo might like them too

Ludlow
A fried egg with cheese is good though.

Danbones
yeah, with some "bacon like" substances on it helps too

the other meats could be lunch and then supper

B00Mer
+1

I'll raise you one, Hamburger, Hot Dog AND Beacon..

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

I'll raise you one, Hamburger, Hot Dog AND Beacon..

I'd pass on that

Danbones
my heart attack dr will shoot me just for reading that

though I might just take a small look

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

my heart attack dr will shoot me just for reading that

though I might just take a small look

I'm starting to like fish more these days. I like a fish sandwich and a strawberry milk shake.

no new posts