Lasagna

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Get enough lean groung beef or chuck to fill a good size sauce pan. Brown the meat with a cup of chopped white onions. When the beef is brown and the onions translucent, start adding the meat sauce ingredients.(don't forget to drain the grease). Add to the beef a 16oz can of stewed tomatoes, 6oz can tomatoe paste and an 8oz can tomatoe sauce. Mix well .Then to the meat sauce add about a quarter cup chopped fresh sweet basil. A little salt & pepper and half a cup of diced garlic cloves and let this simmer awhile. In the meantime, boil the lasagna noodles in a large pot of salt water until al dente. Set aside to cool off a little. Next is the cheese mix. Some use ricotta but I don't. In a large bowl I put a large carton of cottage cheese. I beaten egg. A half cup of chopped parsley. A half cup grated parmesan cheese. Add some black pepper and mix well. Now it's time to assemble all this stuff in a large lasagna pan. Put a couple layers of the noodles in the bottom of the pan. Spread out half of the cottage cheese mix on the noodles. On top of that spread evenly a layer of grated mozzarella. Then add half of the meat sauce. Add another double layer of the noodles, and repeat the process . Now the assembly is completer. Sprinkly grated parmesan on top and put in 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Let cool and have a nice salad and breadsticks.