Baron Of Beef Roast

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Last night I took a 5 pound top round beef roast out of the freezer. This morning I brushed the roast generously with a mixture of Djon mustard and Worchestershire sauce. I will make 8 or 10 little cuts in the beef and insert a peeled clove of garlic in each one. The roast can sit in the fridge and absorb the flavours until about three hours before dinner. I will initially sear the roast at 450 degrees for half an hour and then turn the oven down to 325 degrees and cook for another two hours. I will make gravy with the pan juices and probably a couple cans of beef broth. The baron of beef roasts probably make the best beef sandwiches of any beef roast but tonight we'll have Yorkshire Pudding and all the trimmings. The rest of the roast will feed us over the weekend.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I shall speak to the roast whilst I cook it, in a really creepy voice. "Soooooo, my pretty, you thought I wouldn't notice, didn't you? Well, it turns out I'm a bit more observant than you thought! I imagine you're sorry now, but I'm not going to take any more of this!"

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I shall speak to the roast whilst I cook it, in a really creepy voice. "Soooooo, my pretty, you thought I wouldn't notice, didn't you? Well, it turns out I'm a bit more observant than you thought! I imagine you're sorry now, but I'm not going to take any more of this!"

That is one way to look at it. That roast had been in the freezer for three months at least. It was time for it to have it's day. While I enjoy a nice, beef dinner, I can't wait for the great beef sandwiches using fresh homemade crusty French bread rolls.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That is one way to look at it. That roast had been in the freezer for three months at least. It was time for it to have it's day. While I enjoy a nice, beef dinner, I can't wait for the great beef sandwiches using fresh homemade crusty French bread rolls.

Try adding Kuhne mustard- German mustard- very good- spiced eggplant found at our Italian deli, Yum.