Seven myths about steak

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I love a good steak as much as anyone. But in recent years the stores have been selling steaks that aren't quite as tender or of the good quality they used to be. If you want some really good steak, nowadays you have to go to the butcher shop where its costlier. The super markets just don't have them anymore and that's too bad.

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
I love a good steak as much as anyone. But in recent years the stores have been selling steaks that aren't quite as tender or of the good quality they used to be. If you want some really good steak, nowadays you have to go to the butcher shop where its costlier. The super markets just don't have them anymore and that's too bad.

That's why we buy our meat at Costco, not less expensive but it's tender enough to actually chew.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sounds like you miss the imported Canadian steak prior to the bull sh*t extravaganza (BSE) outbreak.