M & Ms

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No. I prefer M&S.

I hate shopping amongst the poor people.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Anyone here shop for meat at M & M meat shops?

We've been buying some meat there for a couple years now. It is a place to get absolutely perfect steaks, etc for special company....never been disappointed yet. Expensive but worth it.

Flyertown
What are their ribs like?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

We've been buying some meat there for a couple years now. It is a place to get absolutely perfect steaks, etc for special company....never been disappointed yet. Expensive but worth it.

Flyertown
You bought a franchise I see.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What are their ribs like?

They don't always have ribs but when they do, they are perfect.

Right now their sirloin steaks are second to none. An inch and a half thick and you can cook them to medium rare and cut them with your fork. Remember. Everything is frozen. Thaw the steaks out and around 4 minutes per side on the barbeque and they are great.

Some say "good old Walter", but very few.......

No, I didn't. I couldn't afford it. There are over 400 M&M shops in Canada and like I said the quality is good but the prices are high.
I only buy there for special occasions.

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
I did once and was very dissappointed. I make excellent ribs, fall of the bone, and home made Jack Daniels barbeque sauce.
M&Ms is still food with lots of preservatives.
We prefer homemade, I am an excellent cook.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I did once and was very dissappointed. I make excellent ribs, fall of the bone, and home made Jack Daniels barbeque sauce.
M&Ms is still food with lots of preservatives.
We prefer homemade, I am an excellent cook.

Don't hurt yourself patting your own back. Lots of people here are good cooks. I've liked everything I've tried at M&Ms but I wouldn't use them for every meal.......too expensive. If I have to feed steaks to ten or twelve people, M&Ms is where I would go.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Don't hurt yourself patting your own back. Lots of people here are good cooks. I've liked everything I've tried at M&Ms but I wouldn't use them for every meal.......too expensive. If I have to feed steaks to ten or twelve people, M&Ms is where I would go.

I am trying their ribs- Son in Law passed his 1st year apprentice exam. And I am to busy to do from scratch. But knowing your standards I took your advice.
Thanks Juan.
Much appreciated.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When we feed a dozen people, a beef quarter (or whatever)goes onto the spit.

That takes a pretty special barbeque. I could probably put a dozen steaks on our new barbeque but that would be pushing it. The new barbeque doesn't have a spit.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
That takes a pretty special barbeque. I could probably put a dozen steaks on our new barbeque but that would be pushing it. The new barbeque doesn't have a spit.
heheh I built it. Built a BBQ beside the spit, too. First BBQ/spit I built was a 45 gallon drum cut lengthwise in half on a short scaffold, fired by two tiger torches and usually filled by birch, apple, cherry, or whatever wood that added good flavor. Used a 1/2 HP motor rigged to bicycle gearing for a rotisserie. Cost about $80 or $85 for parts. The one we use now cost more because it's firebrick. Same bicycle gearing, torches, n whatnot, though.

That sounds like a ton of real good fun and eatin.
Yup. Works like a charm. Big enough to do a whole pig. Built a 3 meter picnic table out of Cali redwood, as well. Seats 12 people.

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
Don't fret I won't, I am in great shape as well, so patting my own back is of great ease. But FYI, not bragging, just stating a fact.
No where in my post did I say no one here can or can't cook. I think you are a bit defensive? Why? Also I am not the only one that pats my back.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Flyertown
yes and I still like their beef because it's easy, but have stopped buying their chicken because of the sodium content and chicken is our staple source of protein besides tofu which we are getting into more and more (again)....have to say though, I loved being able to throw their frozen chicken on the bbq...came out perfect every time.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
yes and I still like their beef because it's easy, but have stopped buying their chicken because of the sodium content and chicken is our staple source of protein besides tofu which we are getting into more and more (again)....have to say though, I loved being able to throw their frozen chicken on the bbq...came out perfect every time.

A few years ago we learned to butterfly a whole chicken, salt and pepper it, brush it with olive oil both sides and throw it on the grille. It is still our favourite chicken. I wish the new barbeque had a spit, but it doesn't, so grilling chicken takes a little more work and time so you get to have another glass of Pinot Grigio which never seems to be a hardship.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
Ever see one of these? We saw a few of these on Ile d'Orleans, Quebec a few weeks ago.

Looks like a do-it-yourself from prefab pieces. Some we saw had only the center section.

Attachments

• DSCF3415sm.jpg
    DSCF3415sm.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 61