The Flannel Chef - Gourmet Grilled Cheese

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I just had the best grilled cheese sammich ever and I'm going to share my culinary genius right here, right now.

Even women will love this grilled cheese manwich.

Ingredients
  • bruschetta
  • purple onion
  • green pepper
  • black olives
  • Italian blend shredded cheese (mozza provolone, parmesan, asagio)
  • feta
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • garlic
You know how do the rest.

ENJOY!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I just had the best grilled cheese sammich ever and I'm going to share my culinary genius right here, right now.

Ingredients
  • bruschetta
  • purple onion
  • green pepper
  • black olives
  • feta
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • garlic

ENJOY!
so I am gonna substitute goat's cheese for the feta, and leave out the olives...I am starving... and it sounds divine.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
no olives...or feta too much salt...otherwise ...yeah baby

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
tread lightly and salt isn't an issue.
I am treading lightly but would like to tread maybe 7 pounds lighter and then would be thrilled... my guy even though he marathons and eats better than me has BP issues...he can eat salt when running otherwise...not so much.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sometimes the best way to lose weight is eat a little more to take the body off of storage mode from dieting.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sometimes the best way to lose weight is eat a little more to take the body off of storage mode from eting.
sometimes but not in this case, I can eat. I can experience low blood sugar so never go more than 3 hours without food...it keeps things level, and ups the metabolism...I would just be happier with 7 pounds off of me. I am doing well with the NutriBullet that I bought. My problem is portion control. If i wanted to go back to high school weight I should really lose 15 pounds but I am not going to press it. I am a healthy weight now, just could be better.

Palindrome

Nominee Member
May 14, 2013
Can any grilled cheese play?
My favourite bread for it is Greek pita. Slit one end carefully, stuff with a mix pf shredded cheeses, finely sliced red pepper, sliced green olives and sauteed mushroom; distribute filling evenly. Brush outside with olive oil. On preheated grill or pan, brown both sides.
Serve with cherry tomatoes and/or cucumber sticks and/or a cold Creemore.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I am treading lightly but would like to tread maybe 7 pounds lighter and then would be thrilled... my guy even though he marathons and eats better than me has BP issues...he can eat salt when running otherwise...not so much.
B-complex, particularly B-3 (niacin). Skip drinking colas rather than coffee, increase intake of whole grain oatmeal, red/purple grape juice, bananas, berries, dark chocolate (the less sugar the better), and plant proteins. Switch from white pastas to whole grain ones. :)

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I don't know that I would call it a grilled cheese sandwich. Just a grilled something or other.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Can any grilled cheese play?
My favourite bread for it is Greek pita. Slit one end carefully, stuff with a mix pf shredded cheeses, finely sliced red pepper, sliced green olives and sauteed mushroom; distribute filling evenly. Brush outside with olive oil. On preheated grill or pan, brown both sides.
Serve with cherry tomatoes and/or cucumber sticks and/or a cold Creemore.
Sounds good.

Another awesome grilled sammich is cream cheese and bramble berry on sourdough.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Ingredients
  • bruschetta
  • purple onion
  • green pepper
  • black olives
  • feta
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • garlic

ENJOY!

First of all forget the damned bruschette. Use real bread like a nice whole wheat bread.
For cheese use sharp white Cheddar and parmesan. The spices are fine but crush
some garlic into your olive oil and brush it on the outside of the sandwich before grilling,
I would use both black and green olives and sliced Burmuda onions.
Grille on both sides until the cheeses are melted and the bread is nicely browned.
Enjoy with your favorite cold beer.
Cheers