vancouver restaurant selling $100 hot dog

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Vancouver restaurant selling $100 hot dog

QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 09:34 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:24 AM EST
(Shutterstock)

A Vancouver restaurant has added what it's calling the "most expensive hot dog in the world" to its menu.
The dragon dog at DougieDog Hot Dogs is a foot-long bratwurst infused with 100-year-old Louis XIII cognac -- which has a $2,000 price tag of its own -- and can be had for a mere $100.
In addition to the cognac infusion, the hot dog is topped with Kobe beef seared in olive and truffle oil as well as fresh lobster and a picante sauce.
"In designing this hot dog I wanted to come up with something super tasty and high-end that stays true to the traditional identity of the hot dog -- a hot dog that any hot dog lover would enjoy," DougieDog proprietor Dougie Luv said in a release.
The dragon dog will be a regular menu item at the downtown Vancouver eatery, the company says.
The current titleholder for the Guinness World Record for most expensive hot dog is New York City restaurant Serendipity 3, which introduced a $69 hot dog to its menu in July 2010.

Vancouver restaurant selling $100 hot dog | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Vancouver restaurant selling $100 hot dog

QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 09:34 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:24 AM EST
(Shutterstock)

A Vancouver restaurant has added what it's calling the "most expensive hot dog in the world" to its menu.
The dragon dog at DougieDog Hot Dogs is a foot-long bratwurst infused with 100-year-old Louis XIII cognac -- which has a $2,000 price tag of its own -- and can be had for a mere $100.
In addition to the cognac infusion, the hot dog is topped with Kobe beef seared in olive and truffle oil as well as fresh lobster and a picante sauce.
"In designing this hot dog I wanted to come up with something super tasty and high-end that stays true to the traditional identity of the hot dog -- a hot dog that any hot dog lover would enjoy," DougieDog proprietor Dougie Luv said in a release.
The dragon dog will be a regular menu item at the downtown Vancouver eatery, the company says.
The current titleholder for the Guinness World Record for most expensive hot dog is New York City restaurant Serendipity 3, which introduced a $69 hot dog to its menu in July 2010.

Vancouver restaurant selling $100 hot dog | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

About $98 too much.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Wow, what passes for gourmet these days huh?

Reminds me of that place in T.O. (forget the name) that sells the $45 -$60 burgers, supposed to have prime rib, lobster, portebello mushroom, etc.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Sounds tasty. I'd buy one.

Bratwurst around here is about $7 a pound. Lobster is about $18 a pound, and about the same for Kobe beef. The piquante sauce would be cheap, though. Of course if you just want a mystery meat dog, then yeah, $2 might cover it. lol

Exactly!

The picture looks just like Bratwurst. I've got a feeling they didn't use an awful lot of that $2000.00 booze and what a nasty thing to do with Kobe beef. No thanks....I couldn't eat it...:roll:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol One burger is good for a meal for 4?

No joke, I was stunned when the guy topped it off with a lobster tail, lol. It was enormous!

Damn, I wish I could remember the name of the place, I know it's in T.O. and it's some small corner place, not a big restaurant. Maybe someone from T.O. might know what it's called.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Cool! There's a place near Kelowna, BC that makes delicious burgers and they're quite big called the Burger Baron. Used to be a little place about 400 sq ft but then they moved to a bigger place. hehe All the locals used to be there while all the tourists and idiots would be going into the McD's, BK, and Wendys which were pretty much in the same block as the BB.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Vancouver restaurant offers $100 hot dog

Stephanie Ip, QMI Agency
First posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:58 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 01:13 AM EDT
DougieDog restaurant owner, Dougieluv holds one of his creations the 'dragon dog' at his restaurant on Granville Street in Vancouver, British Columbia, Tuesday January 24, 2012. (QMI Agency/Carmine Marinelli)

VANCOUVER - That is one pricey hot dog.
Vancouver’s DougieDog has officially landed itself in the Guinness World Records for the world’s most expensive hot dog.
The $100, foot-long bratwurst is infused with 100-year-old Louis XIII cognac – which has a $2,000 price tag of its own – and must be ordered 12 hours in advance so fresh ingredients such as Kobe beef and lobster can be prepped.
“One family has come in six times for four hot dogs – each time,” owner Dougie Luv said.
The title was formerly held by New York City restaurant Serendipity 3, which introduced a $69 hot dog in July 2010. Luv, however, has no plans to part with the title.
“We’re going to defend this title forever,” he said. “There’s going to be a lot of people wanting to challenge us.”

Vancouver restaurant offers $100 hot dog | Weird | News | Toronto Sun