Sunday Morning Breakfast

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
On Sunday morning I have a good breakfast. I either go out for breakfast or I make it. There are not all that
many restaurants that serve a good breakfast This morning I'm having eggs"sunny side up", four rashers
of perfectly cooked, good bacon, Hash browned potatoes, two pieces of brown toast with my wife's strawberry
jam. All served on a heated plate with a couple cups of great coffee. This is my favourite breakfast. I only
have breakfast on Sunday morning. Other mornings I have a glass of orange juice and the newspaper.

Anyone else have a favourite breakfast?

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I absolutely suck at flipping eggs.

Normally, for me, breakfast amounts to 1-2 shots of moka. On weekends I might have an early lunch that amounts to a sort of brunch.

Lately I have been trying to recreate an omelette that an Indian friend made for me. It is just eggs, onion and green (hot) pepper.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Breaky around here varies from toast n jam to the full meal deal (non-junkfood restaurant style) regardless of what day it is. I like breakywiches. Bacon and eggers, ham and eggers, etc. Also Bennie's eggs.
Today, breaky was homemade egg, bacon, and onion burritos.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
My favorite breakfast especially on a heavy work day is oatmeal porridge with a dollop of home-made crunchy peanut butter, brown sugar and rich wonderful cream from a neighbors cow.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Is anyone here partial to leftover pizza for breakfast? I love it. Leftover lasagna is also good. I guess the attraction is
that you just have to zap it in the microwave for a moment or so and it is ready to eat....yumm

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I used to eat leftover dinner almost exclusively for breakfast. I hate cooking for myself while still a zombie, and I don't like most brekfast foods enough to make them. So, a bit of last night's dinner is always ideal to me.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I used to eat leftover dinner almost exclusively for breakfast. I hate cooking for myself while still a zombie, and I don't like most brekfast foods enough to make them. So, a bit of last night's dinner is always ideal to me.

I go so far as to make "planned overs". I often cook a large pizza when Jan and I will rarely eat more than two slices and that leaves
over half the pizza for at least a couple breakfasts..

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Raising two kids in their preteens, I cook like it's for a flipping football team. Between breakfasts, lunches, and general scavenging, I can't keep food in the fridge.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Raising two kids in their preteens, I cook like it's for a flipping football team. Between breakfasts, lunches, and general scavenging, I can't keep food in the fridge.

Karrie Does that ever sound familiar. My kids are now forty odd years old but when they were teens, nothing was safe in the fridge.

Les
I don't even bother to heat up leftover chili. One of my favorites....hardly worth putting it in the fridge.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
Yup, I also enjoy a good breakfast, but not just on Sundays. I particularly like breakfast cereals. About a year ago I purchased a box of Kellog's Honey Smacks cereal. Just recently I went out to once again purchase Honey Smacks cereal, but could not find it in any supermarket. I tried Loblaws, IGA, metro and Esposito with no luck. I could not recall where I had initially purchased the cereal. Does anyone know of any supermarket or convenience store for that matter that sells the Honey Smacks cereal?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yup, I also enjoy a good breakfast, but not just on Sundays. I particularly like breakfast cereals. About a year ago I purchased a box of Kellog's Honey Smacks cereal. Just recently I went out to once again purchase Honey Smacks cereal, but could not find it in any supermarket. I tried Loblaws, IGA, metro and Esposito with no luck. I could not recall where I had initially purchased the cereal. Does anyone know of any supermarket or convenience store for that matter that sells the Honey Smacks cereal?

http://online.wsj.com/public/quotes/main.html?type=djn&symbol=K
Kellogg Co. K +0.80% recalled Friday about 28 million boxes of cereal largely marketed to children out of concern that unpleasant smells and flavors emanating from the boxes' plastic packaging can cause nausea and diarrhea.

You probably won't see Kelloggs "Honey Smacks" again for a while.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Cold pizza is awesome for brekky.
I made eggs the other night at our rental house and the New Brunswicker and Ontarion both said no turkey goo,I did'nt know it meant flip them so the slime got crisped.
They got turkey goo as I cook em sunny side up.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
On Sunday morning I have a good breakfast. I either go out for breakfast or I make it. There are not all that
many restaurants that serve a good breakfast This morning I'm having eggs"sunny side up", four rashers
of perfectly cooked, good bacon, Hash browned potatoes, two pieces of brown toast with my wife's strawberry
jam. All served on a heated plate with a couple cups of great coffee. This is my favourite breakfast. I only
have breakfast on Sunday morning. Other mornings I have a glass of orange juice and the newspaper.

Anyone else have a favourite breakfast?

Yep, it doesn't get any better than that. I do prefer ham myself as it isn't as salty as bacon. You should be eating breakfast every day, you'll live 10 years longer.

Raisin Bran is my favourite cereal and it's not laced with sugar.

I remember for awhile back in my single days, when making breakfast was a hassle I'd make up a couple of dozen pickled eggs at a time and on my way to work in the morning (often hungover) I'd just grab a couple out of the jar. Very convenient.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Cold pizza is awesome for brekky.
I made eggs the other night at our rental house and the New Brunswicker and Ontarion both said no turkey goo,I did'nt know it meant flip them so the slime got crisped.
They got turkey goo as I cook em sunny side up.

Bit of water in the pan and a lid; sunny side up with no 'turkey goo' (And I've never heard that expression before in my life, lol.)

I remember for awhile back in my single days, when making breakfast was a hassle I'd make up a couple of dozen pickled eggs at a time and on my way to work in the morning (often hungover) I'd just grab a couple out of the jar. Very convenient.

Pickled eggs for breakfast? Why, were you out of headcheese? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Bit of water in the pan and a lid; sunny side up with no 'turkey goo' (And I've never heard that expression before in my life, lol.)

Pickled eggs for breakfast? Why, were you of headcheese? ;)

Head cheese is better for lunch. I haven't had pickled eggs for years, I don't think they are overly healthy.