1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup hot water
three teaspoons olive oil
one teaspoon salt
one teaspoon black pepper
3 or four large cloves garlic crushed
one frying chicken cut-up

Place all ingredients except chicken in sauce pan and heat and stir untill smooth and well mixed.
Place chicken in covered roasting pan and put in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes
Pour off fat. Pour on above sauce and stir untill well coated with sauce.
Turn oven down to 300 and bake covered for another hour. Baste several times during the last hour.
Use tongs to remove chicken and serve

Good with rice and steamed carrots....enjoy

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Something smelt like feet! I thought it was the soy sauce. Honey eh?

The only thing smelly in that recipe is the garlic.. And anyone could see that by just reading the recipe. If you don't like the
smell of garlic....Cook something else....:roll:

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The only thing smelly in that recipe is the garlic.. And anyone could see that by just reading the recipe. If you don't like the
smell of garlic....Cook something else....:roll:

I'll wait for your next recipe and give that one a try! Cheers! and we are really stupid

Last edited by a moderator:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Sticky Chicken

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup hot water
three teaspoons olive oil
one teaspoon salt
one teaspoon black pepper
3 or four large cloves garlic crushed
one frying chicken cut-up

Place all ingredients except chicken in sauce pan and heat and stir untill smooth and well mixed.
Place chicken in covered roasting pan and put in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes
Pour off fat. Pour on above sauce and stir untill well coated with sauce.
Turn oven down to 300 and bake covered for another hour. Baste several times during the last hour.
Use tongs to remove chicken and serve

Good with rice and steamed carrots....enjoy
Sounds great except for the salt part. I'll mention it to Anna. Maybe she can cut back on the soysauce/salt. And maybe a bit more garlic?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I would say that you don't need any salt, if you're using soy sauce, it's salty enough as it is.

I got the recipe out of a magazine three or four years ago. Never thought too much about the salt since it is spread between at
least ten pieces of chicken and most of the sauce stays in the pan. I've made this chicken two or three dozen times and never
thought it was terribly salty. Maybe a six-pac of Molsons helps. In retrospect, we are probably getting more than
our daily ration of sodium, so if anyone wants to cut the salt down.......go for it...:smile:...as if you needed my permission....:lol:

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
By the way, I think you need to run a thread of special bland and flavourless recipes for people who have never been outside of BC.

You mean like dipping the chicken in skim milk and dredging it in cream of wheat........No, there is a chance that might be crispy and
we can't have that. Maybe just cook the chicken in unsweetened Vanilla pudding......No, I think we have to work on this....:lol:

Adrian8100

Time Out
Feb 28, 2012
Looking sounds good....i sure will must be try this at home...i also found one this type of nice recipe from home weekly magazine.I sure will must be next time post here.....Thanks for sharing this....

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Its a good idea to do the grip test with the tongs by testing the springiness and grippiness before grabbing a piece of "slippery chicken"
:)

Salt is NOT the deathspice its been made out to be.

"It's Time to End the War on Salt
The zealous drive by politicians to limit our salt intake has little basis in science

Subjects in the American Journal of Hypertension found no strong evidence that cutting salt intake reduces the risk for heart attacks, strokes or death in people with normal or high blood pressure.

In May European researchers publishing in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that the less sodium that study subjects excreted in their urine—an excellent measure of prior consumption—the greater their risk was of dying from heart disease.

These findings call into question the common wisdom that excess salt is bad for you, but the evidence linking salt to heart disease has always been tenuous."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/
sorry for the crappy citation it was the best I could do.
;)

I love killing "fake news".

Last edited: