The Non-Jews and Israel

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The Non-Jews and Israel

There is world condemnation against the state of Israel for trying to insert an amendment into their citizenship law for non-Jews who want to become a citizen of Israel

“I swear that I will be a loyal citizen to the state of Israel, as a Jewish and democratic state, and will uphold its laws.”

The world feels that “a Jewish and democratic state” should not be included in the oath and the oath makes non-Jews second class citizens.

Other countries have that in their citizenship oaths but for some reason Israel should not have that in their oath.

This amendment still has to be voted on and will be in the next couple of weeks.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
This is non-news. Israel has repeatedly demonstrated that they are one of the more racist states in the world.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Is it not a Jewish state? Is it not a Democratic state?
In Canada you pledge allegiance to the Queen even if you don't believe in a monarchy....
I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.

In the U S you have to renounce allegiance to your country of origin
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.[1]

The Israeli oath is mild in comparison.....

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Doesn't America do the same thing every time they ban everyone under God?

I guess so. Clearly it's wrong in both cases. Not every American is Christian - or let's say, 'religious' if the God banner is not exclusive to Christianity (even though it is). Ahem.. Similarly not everyone living in Israel is Jewish.

Doesn't make much sense to call a non-jew a jew. It just ain't da truth!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
This is non-news. Israel has repeatedly demonstrated that they are one of the more racist states in the world.

I think that the word xenophobic might be more applicable than racist. On that note, Israel wouldn't be the first nation to pursue that ends; Japan and a number of Middle Eastern nations come to mind as being even more stringent in that area.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
"Judaism" is the religion and the oath has nothing to do with it.....
How could the State be described other than a Jewish state...
Much ado about nothing.............

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Swearing fealty to Judaism is swearing fealty to a particular religion. Oaths to religion should not be part of citizenship in a "democracy."

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I think that the word xenophobic might be more applicable than racist. On that note, Israel wouldn't be the first nation to pursue that ends; Japan and a number of Middle Eastern nations come to mind as being even more stringent in that area.

You're calling an apple an orange. It's racism, period.

Ok, have it your way. The holocaust wasn't racism, it was mere xenophobia. *sigh*

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Hmmm.... How do you separate "Jewish State" from "judaism" ? Or are you subscribing to the discredited notions of "race"?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Here is a new conspiracy theory for y'all.....;-)
The United Nations and political correctness in their infinite wisdom are trying to turn all citizens of the globe into replicas of each other because as such people are easier to control.
Distinction based on race and or religion is fast becoming a no-no unless you are Black and/or muslims...the two sacred cows of political correctness....
Down with Joos and Christians.....

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You're calling an apple an orange. It's racism, period.

Ok, have it your way. The holocaust wasn't racism, it was mere xenophobia. *sigh*

To my knowledge, I do not know of any state that does not include a phrase that incorporates some form of recognition of the principles or culture or standards, etc. in their citizenship requirements... In my mind, that does not qualify those nations as being racist; why single-out Israel?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Here is a new conspiracy theory for y'all.....;-)
The United Nations and political correctness in their infinite wisdom are trying to turn all citizens of the globe into replicas of each other because as such people are easier to control.
Distinction based on race and or religion is fast becoming a no-no unless you are Black and/or muslims...the two sacred cows of political correctness....
Down with Joos and Christians.....

I don't know what fictitious persona you're trying to make fun of here, but no one in this thread is promoting the level of hypocrisy or mind control you're suggesting. It's simply wrong to assume that the only people living in Israel are Jews, that's all. It's a statistical fact. Accepting that objective reality does not mean anyone is submitting to mind control. And we should accept reality for all states, not just Israel. If you want to continue living in a Rick Sanchez Bizarro world, go right ahead.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I don't know what fictitious persona you're trying to make fun of here, but no one in this thread is promoting the level of hypocrisy or mind control you're suggesting. It's simply wrong to assume that the only people living in Israel are Jews, that's all. It's a statistical fact. Accepting that objective reality does not mean anyone is submitting to mind control. And we should accept reality for all states, not just Israel. If you want to continue living in a Rick Sanchez Bizarro world, go right ahead.
It is REAL simple.......

The oath is not for people born Israeli citizens, be they Muslim, Christian, or Jew.

It is for those that wish to become Israeli citizens.

In that case, the Israeli polity has EVERY RIGHT to demand they be whatever they want.....be it racial, religious, or simply to swear an oath to keeping Israel as it is.......

It is their sandbox (or in this case, rock pile).....they get to make the rules on who stays and who goes.

I only wish Canada would develop the good sense to defend our own culture in some way against the destructive forces in some of our immigration.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
It is REAL simple.......

The Israeli polity has EVERY RIGHT to demand they be whatever they want.....be it racial, religious

Yes. Quite simple.

If you want to live here, you must be X religion and X race. Otherwise, leave.

Lovely philosophy. Can't wait for Canada to regress 100 years to adopt it. I pledge my allegiance to be a maple syrup and hockey fan for the rest of my life, so help me Canada.

The culture we, and all nations should be adopting is to continue to move forward with opening up civil rights. Giving more opportunity to mesh freedoms and values instead of being restrictive and pointed. But somehow, DaSleeper will have you believe that giving more civil freedoms is in fact, some Orwellian tragedy, lol

Last edited: