Netanyahu: US Easily Manipulated

catman

Electoral Member
Sep 3, 2006
A recently-revealed tape has shown Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, discussing ways to undermine the Oslo Accords and calling the United States "easy" to manipulate.

The video was filmed in 2001, apparently without Netanyahu's knowledge, during a meeting with Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank. It aired on Friday night on Israel's Channel 10, and several translations have been posted online.

At one point on the tape, Netanyahu threatens a "broad attack" against the Palestinian Authority.

"The main thing, first of all, is to hit them. Not just one blow, but blows that are so painful that the price will be too heavy to be borne," Netanyahu said. "A broad attack on the Palestinian Authority."

The tape was shot during the early stages of the second intifada, when violence between Israelis and Palestinians was escalating. Netanyahu was speaking with settlers who lost family members to Palestinian attacks.

Ariel Sharon, the Israeli prime minister at the time, had recently deployed additional Israeli troops in the West Bank.

Undermining the Oslo Accords
Netanyahu - who did not hold political office when the recording was made - was dismissive of the United States, calling it easily manipulated.

"I know what America is," Netanyahu said. "America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in the way."

Netanyahu also spoke extensively about undermining the Oslo Accords, the agreement signed in 1993 which set a framework for future Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.

The Oslo Accords specified that Israel would be allowed to keep "military zones" in the West Bank in any future agreement with the Palestinian Authority. Netanyahu told the settlers he would use that loophole to retain large portions of Palestinian territory.

"I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders," he said.

"How do we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone."

In the recording, Netanyahu described Bill Clinton - the former US president who helped to negotiate the accords - as "radically pro-Palestinian".

Netanyahu: US Easily Manipulated | CommonDreams.org

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ah, that's wonderful, if somewhat one-sided.

If you remember the peace negotiations, Arafat realized that he would no longer be essential in peacetime, and that people then might get a little upset at the BILLIONS he personally had stolen from the Palestinian people........so he walked away from the chance of a Palestinian nation, and declared the second intifada, sending suicide bombers into Israeli streets.

At that point "The main thing, first of all, is to hit them. Not just one blow, but blows that are so painful that the price will be too heavy to be borne," is only good sense.

IMO, Arafat canceled the Oslo Accords.........you can not attack in the middle of peace negotiations, then complain that your enemy doesn't fulfill the spirit of the deal.......not in a sane world, at least.

catman

Electoral Member
Sep 3, 2006
In case you missed the quote of the day:

"I know what America is," Netanyahu said. "America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in the way."

I'm interested to see how his apologists are going to spin this.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Main Entry: ma·nip·u·late
Pronunciation: \mə-ˈni-pyə-ˌlāt\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): ma·nip·u·lat·ed; ma·nip·u·lat·ing
Etymology: back-formation from manipulation, from French, from manipuler to handle an apparatus in chemistry, ultimately from Latin manipulus
Date: 1834
1 : to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner
2 a : to manage or utilize skillfully b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage
3 : to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose : doctor

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
In case you missed the quote of the day:

I'm interested to see how his apologists are going to spin this.

It doesn't NEED any spin, it is quite simple.

The United States is a democracy.

The majority of the American people, for reasons geo-political and religious, support the state of Israel. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, in fact, it is only sensible.

I am no fan of Netanyahu, BTW....I nuch prefered Ehud Barak.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quote:
Kinda like driving a car. If you manipulate the steering wheel, accelator and brake you can cruise right along and nothing gets in your way.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I watched him being interviewed just last week, 2010 not 2001, and he has changed his tune big time.

He wants meetings directly with palestinians, and wants them to have their own state, and they have
their own state, and live in harmony 'separately'. These are his words, and someone should take him
up on that statement, and do exactly that, but he cannot get the palestinians to meet directly.

The palestinians do not want to have two separate states, they want the israelis to 'leave', and that
is all they have ever wanted, and will never agree to those terms.

How can the palestinians make any decisions, they seem to have two leaders, who don't agree on anything,
and one will override the other, hammas won't agree to do anything to stop the violence.

As soon as the israelis gave up gaza, hammas immediately set up weapons there and began firing missiles
back into israel, and did nothing to improve their own living conditions.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Perhaps you would care to argue this out in the original thread.......where I will explain to you yet again the difference between the state and cultural restriction.....
You mean democracy? Yeah it can be used to segragate too. I know all about that.

I watched him being interviewed just last week, 2010 not 2001, and he has changed his tune big time.

He wants meetings directly with palestinians, and wants them to have their own state, and they have
their own state, and live in harmony 'separately'. These are his words, and someone should take him
up on that statement, and do exactly that, but he cannot get the palestinians to meet directly.

The palestinians do not want to have two separate states, they want the israelis to 'leave', and that
is all they have ever wanted, and will never agree to those terms.

How can the palestinians make any decisions, they seem to have two leaders, who don't agree on anything,
and one will override the other, hammas won't agree to do anything to stop the violence.

As soon as the israelis gave up gaza, hammas immediately set up weapons there and began firing missiles
back into israel, and did nothing to improve their own living conditions.
Why don't the displaced Christians get a state too?

Wir wollen vereinigte 13 Stämme von Isreal mit einem Heimatland für uns alle, und alle Ausländer kommen heraus.

Let's send the displaced Christians hams so nobody else steals it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
With Obama and his string pullers, it appears that America has become/is becoming a fascist state.
The lowly Americans no longer have a say, and their votes don't count---it's all fixed by the Illuminati!

I think a number of presidents before Obama got that ball rolling a long time ago......

But back on topic a bit, regardless if this clown said what he said back in 2001 or this year, what was said was said, it apparently was a big enough deal to be translated in multiple languages and sent across the internet...... while some may want to trivialize these comments and excuse them, many others do not.

And the argument of "Oh well he said that so long ago..... his current position is much different" does not excuse what he said and claimed..... we're not talking about holding against what a teenager said when he was 7 years old..... we're talking about a grown adult and what he said as a full grown adult a few years ago.

To suggest that in such a short period of time his position went in a 180 degree turn without reason and that we're all supposed to just believe that, is a tad foolish.

Actually for some reason I think I remember posting or reporting these comments a while back (or similar comments from another leader in Israel) it all just proves the common belief by many......

.... that Israel is like a teenage minor..... they know the legal loopholes and they know how to work the system in their favor to get away with bloody murder (ie: the US is a pushover for them and will back just about everything they do where even their worst actions will be forgotten about in a couple of years vs. a minor who knows they can not face a serious punishment for a crime they committed and in a year or two, their criminal records are wiped clean so they can apparently get a "Fair" start in life.)

The other belief is that they have no interest in talking peace in any serious manner and have no intention on ending this conflict until they own all the land around them and they wipe out the scum occupying their self-proclaimed "Homeland."

And regardless if this was said almost a decade ago by one person in Israel..... believe it or not, but the majority of those running the Israeli government have very similar frames of mind.

Some in here claim that the Palestinians have no other interest then to kill every Israeli and for them all to leave the area...... that's your typical biased propaganda to generalize the overall situation, while still pampering and kissing Israeli ass.

What do Palestinians want?

'Most Palestinians want ceasefire'
'Most Palestinians want ceasefire'

Most Palestinians Want Peace With Israel, Poll Finds
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/poll-most-palestinians-want-peace-with-israel-1.297196

^ all recent polls too.

The people want peaceful talks and a reasonable conclusion to this situation, they are not in favor of continued rocket attacks, but at the same time, in order for any peace talks to work in the first place, all they ask is a settlement development freeze during that time..... which to me sounds like a very reasonable and fair compromise, which Israel has continually refused to do and are still expanding their development, even though they know full well this one action of stalling development would allow peace talks to occur..... all the while they choke the life out of them with walls, naval blockades, cutting water, food and medical supplies, randomly air-striking "Suspected" smuggling tunnels or "Suspected" terrorists......

The Palestinians are continually beaten by Israel like a mangy old dog nobody cares about and then when they respond with force after years of in-action by everybody else around them and letting them continually suffer, suddenly the same Israeli apologist jump up and cry foul and make the Israelis as the victims again.

Just keep in mind that the last two big conflicts Israel has been involved in have all been started by Israeli actions, like air strikes or assassinations of Palestinian leaders..... then the Palestinians respond in the only manner they know how to and fire home made rockets that more often then not, hit absolutely nothing..... then Israel plasters it all over the news around the world "See, look.... they attacked us without reason.... poor poor us, we now have to unload all our military might onto them to set an example." ~ Which is followed by them using cluster bombs and white phosphorous ordinance on heavily civilian populated areas, using Palestinians as human shields..... deliberately attacking UN compounds to try and wipe out any credible witnesses to their actions the rest of the world might believe..... and then when they're finally found to have committed these crimes, they conduct their own investigations which seem to take years to complete which end up giving us all a report that they apparently did nothing wrong.

And then in a couple more years, they do it all over again to eventually wipe out the Palestinians altogether over a period of time.... since they killed a couple more thousand Palestinians in the last conflict, that means there's more available space they can take, thus they expand more of their settlements.

Hell even Iran's leaders have openly claimed they'd support a two-state solution and that if Israel stopped expansion on debatable territory, then peace talks between them and Palestine would progress...... everybody is saying what needs to be said..... everybody is willing to do what is asked of them, willing to meet the global demands asked of them..... but then when they meet those demands for an extended period of time, for some reason Israel stalls or out-right refuses to take advantage of the situation and continue to make the overall situation worse.

Then when everybody else get's frustrated again, the attacks follow..... then Israel plays the innocent buffoon again like they did nothing wrong.... blame it on everybody else..... goes on the war path again..... kills thousands more..... and then the whole process starts again.

So don't stand there and tell me Israel is perfectly innocent (not you mayety, just generally speaking) in this overall situation because it's a crock of sh*t and everybody damn well knows it.

I'm not saying it's all Israel's fault.... but they sure as hell have a big role in what's all going on and they sure as hell are not making things any better over there, nor do they have any intention of making things any better.

Last edited:

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Does anyone know enough Hebrew to be able to say that this or any translation of the video is accurate, or is it more anti Israeli statements? Serious question.

mayety

Nominee Member
Jul 18, 2010
British Columbia
I think a number of presidents before Obama got that ball rolling a long time ago......

..Oh I agree with that...I'm just talking about Obama, but JFK never allowed to be influenced,...after him all the presidents have been 'chosen' and are coached. I heard that Obama was chosen 30 years ago!

Dam*ed Illuminati!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You mean democracy? Yeah it can be used to segragate too. I know all about that.

Why don't the displaced Christians get a state too?

Wir wollen vereinigte 13 Stämme von Isreal mit einem Heimatland für uns alle, und alle Ausländer kommen heraus.

Let's send the displaced Christians hams so nobody else steals it.

maybe they don't care, and are having a good life while the other two fight their
way through their lives.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Perhaps you would care to argue this out in the original thread.......where I will explain to you yet again the difference between the state and cultural restriction.....
Then perhaps you have already picked apart this vid piece-by-peace. Should fit hand-in-glove with you upcoming explanation. I don't recall the last time it was published that Sharon's publicity stunt was done with the express purpose to instigate a riot that could then be 'squashed', do you recall the exact date? I would classify that as being equal to the Canadian Police sending in members to start a riot (or misbehavior) at some protest with the espress purpose of making the 'promoter' as being unable to control it's members. Unless caught and unmasked they deception works.
The riots that followed Sharon's visit to the temple site(as expected) is the part that is high-lighted when the news is about internal events in Israel and the intended audience is Canadian and Americans. Combine that with the rest of the vid and it is not about peace and safety for the Jewish people (there are enough Jews living outside Israel to show that living amongst the Gentiles can be done. Course they do insist on having certain advantages that goes way beyound what their 'power' in number would suggest.

Peace and Propaganda: The Promised Land
Watch this video on video.google.co.uk
1:19:14 - 2 years ago
A brilliant documentary that shows the massive gulf of difference between what is happening in the world and what is shown to the public. The military dictatorship of the Israeli government over the Palestinian homeland is massively unreported all over the world. It is nice to see so many different journalist and professionals speaking from many countries. islam, muslim, jew, jewish, israel, israeli, palestine, palestinian, dictator, dictatorship, documentary.
The same attitude towards the Gentiles has been a hallmark for Israel since it's conception.

The Jews have opened fire, and they are unready to begin a war.
Moshe Dayan

The method of collective punishment so far has proved effective.
Moshe Dayan

The Old City of Jerusalem is in our hands.
Moshe Dayan

There is no more Palestine. Finished.
Moshe Dayan

There is not one single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population.
Moshe Dayan

Moshe Dayan Quotes

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
maybe they don't care, and are having a good life while the other two fight their
way through their lives.
Good life in Jordan's desert on the East Bank in a UN refugee camp or trying to farm in southern Lebanon that is a wasteland thanks to clusterbombs and land mines in other UN refugee camps?