US Defaults on Loans - Offers 30 cents on the dollar - Paid back over 40 years -

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
US Defaults on Loans - Offers 30 cents on the dollar -

Paid back over 40 years -

With President Obama on a major spending spree that will increase the US debt by trillions - Yes trillions - How will they be able to pay that.

I can't see how they can do everything the President wants and still manage the debt -

This debt that Obama is building up will be paid for by the US Citizens Grandchildren or Great Grand Children

What would happen if the US decided not to honour the debt to China -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
bogus thread and an obvious troll.... unless, of course, you have proof of your opening statement that the u.s. has defaulted on loans and is offering only 30 cents on the dollar. Then I will be all over this. Everyone knows I have no love loss for the americans.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"The US is headed towards default - they cannot pay the bills that Obama plan requires -"

Surely, the Annointed One, who came amongst us to save the world, would not do or plan anything harmful to his country!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You are right Jack. Obama is a commy. He has sold the Yanks down the river to China. There! Now you can sleep at night knowing how right you are.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Gerry

What are the US deficits from now till 2020 - add it up

at this point, it doesn't really matter because you started the thread off with an out right lie.

If you had started it with the u.s. deficit, their projected deficit, and your opinion that they were headed for default if things don't change...no problem. Have at her ajax.

Canaduh

Derailing Threads
Mar 7, 2008
Southwest WA
at this point, it doesn't really matter because you started the thread off with an out right lie.

If you had started it with the u.s. deficit, their projected deficit, and your opinion that they were headed for default if things don't change...no problem. Have at her ajax.

+1.

Thread title was a major fishing attempt.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Gerry after little thought - you are correct - I will do better -

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I was going to say the same thing, Goober. But others have said it before me. It was dishonest to imply that US has already defaulted on its loan. Maybe it was an attempt to grab attention on your part, I don’t know (and if that was your intention, you certainly succeeded), but that doesn’t make it right.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I was going to say the same thing, Goober. But others have said it before me. It was dishonest to imply that US has already defaulted on its loan. Maybe it was an attempt to grab attention on your part, I don’t know (and if that was your intention, you certainly succeeded), but that doesn’t make it right.
I already apologized - it was not deliberate - that is the truth -

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
TREASURIES-U.S. debt rallies on jobs data, default jitters

TREASURIES-U.S. debt rallies on jobs data, default jitters | Reuters

The cost of insuring against potential debt defaults of Greece and several other countries rose, including that of the United States. The cost of insuring against a U.S. default reached its highest level since April 2009. [ID:nNYE002788]

Nevertheless, investors saw U.S. debt as a safer bet than that of other countries, stoking demand for U.S. Treasuries.
Default jitters..... apparently the "jitters' are being offset by spending and loans.

Rubber hammer versus steel, either way it's still going to hurt when it hits.