Look At Them..Singing Their Hearts Out

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
"We are the world....we are the children....."

Don`t tell me were digging that goddamn tune up once again to memorize this recent event!!

**** me!!:roll:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C

Don`t tell me were digging that goddamn tune up once again to memorize this recent event!!

Dont watch it then,surely not worth starting another troll topic about,we all know you havent done anything but whine so far.

Looks like your in the minority with yer lil hate fest.;-)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
PLOP!....I miss Inky.

There, ya satisfied Das? Hey...good to see ya guy!!

I can see now that since you lost your little playmate....yer so distraught you try to antagonize everyone:lol:
I tried emailing her an invite to CC....but I think she don't trust me....maybe if you did??????...you need her addy????;-)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

That song is ****ing insulting to the poor of the world. It should be banned.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
r u serious?:lol:

Dont watch it then,surely not worth starting another troll topic about,we all know you havent done anything but whine so far.

Looks like your in the minority with yer lil hate fest.;-)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That song is ****ing insulting to the poor of the world. It should be banned.

It shouldn't be banned. It gives me, a rich white woman, a chance to sit on my fat ass on my comfy couch, and cry about how much I FEEL their suffering. My gawd, it's like the horror is happening to ME. WE are the children after all. It effects us all. I'm in such pain over it!! I think I need to talk to my therapist about the angst it's causing me.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It shouldn't be banned. It gives me, a rich white woman, a chance to sit on my fat ass on my comfy couch, and cry about how much I FEEL their suffering. My gawd, it's like the horror is happening to ME. WE are the children after all. It effects us all. I'm in such pain over it!! I think I need to talk to my therapist about the angst it's causing me.
Now karrie, if you sit in a lotus position and take 10 deep breaths - in and out as slowly as possible - you can avoid therapy and harmful drugs.
This is a public service message brought to you by a certified crazy person.

PS: I like your avatar but am concerned about your emotional state. It seems odd that you feel a need to dissect yourself in your avatars. Just an observation, for what its worth.
BTW, redheads are hot!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Now karrie, if you sit in a lotus position and take 10 deep breaths - in and out as slowly as possible - you can avoid therapy and harmful drugs.
This is a public service message brought to you by a certified crazy person.

PS: I like your avatar but am concerned about your emotional state. It seems odd that you feel a need to dissect yourself in your avatars. Just an observation, for what its worth.
BTW, redheads are hot!

Hmmm... my last avatar was a pic of hubby's tat. other than this one (which the cam cut short, but I kind of liked the effect), which ones have I 'dissected' in?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So the real sacrifice would be sending them the comfy couch? Sitting on a couch being numb to the devistation around us works pretty good. Maybe if they all had a comfy place to sit it would be easier to watch in dismay?

Geldoff and Bono got to sit on the Queen's couch and watch the world suffer.

I bet Beyonce will use an ottoman.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I need someone to explain to me why I would need to see/hear a concert for which I bought a ticket, with the understanding that the proceeds of that concert will go to a worthwhile charity.

If I have it in my heart to donate to that same worthwhile charity, I DONATE, without having to listen to some self-important screechers whining.

Is it really charity if I get my money's worth by listening to these same self-important whiners?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I need someone to explain to me why I would need to see/hear a concert for which I bought a ticket, with the understanding that the proceeds of that concert will go to a worthwhile charity.

Getting together with music to overcome horrible events is very very normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"Getting together with music to overcome horrible events is very very normal."
You is a vague term when speaking publicly. Somethings are a given in language and there shouldn't be a need to worded as "Cuz nobody'd buy a ticket ta see yuh all."

It's your presumptions and offensive rather than defensive delivery that gets you into this situation.

As for sociopathic, that would be Petra and her work gang at the loonie bin who have you pegged. Not me personally.

Hi Honey!

Last edited by a moderator:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I don't understand the need to denigrate the efforts being made to help. I don't care who you are or how you help - if you showed up - with your talents, your money, your muscles, or just your prayers then good for you.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
petros, I only asked a simple question: is it really charity when the money you shell out buys you a concert of your favourite entertainers (in other words, you GOT something for your money)?

Isn't CHARITY giving something without expecting/getting something in return?

If you have it in your heart to donate, why do you have to buy a ticket?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I don't understand the need to denigrate the efforts being made to help. I don't care who you are or how you help - if you showed up - with your talents, your money, your muscles, or just your prayers then good for you.

Your not understanding betrays your honesty and emphathy and compassion. JBee sees feels the same things. I have listened to Hatis laundry being washed in the news for a week since the earthquake struck I have seen them being further stripped of even the right to conduct their own rescue and we have all witnessed full and complete military occupation. What are we to believe? Many people doubt the sincerity of the medias portrayal, and for very good reason. It all should give new meaning to the old caution of the roads to hell being paved with good intention. Good intention is a media weapon. We just got finished obliterating Iraq with good intentions delivered in Trojan horses. IMO

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Your not understanding betrays your honesty and emphathy and compassion. JBee sees feels the same things. I have listened to Hatis laundry being washed in the news for a week since the earthquake struck I have seen them being further stripped of even the right to conduct their own rescue and we have all witnessed full and complete military occupation. What are we to believe? Many people doubt the sincerity of the medias portrayal, and for very good reason. It all should give new meaning to the old caution of the roads to hell being paved with good intention. Good intention is a media weapon. We just got finished obliterating Iraq with good intentions delivered in Trojan horses. IMO

excuse me? I've betrayed nothing. DB - yanno I can usually appreciate where your point of view is coming from even if I don't agree with it but this time... not so much. Sitting around bitching about the folks who had it in them to step up and do something to help is ridiculous.

Airing Haiti's laundry in the news? Dood! Their homes have just been razed to the ground - with many of them still in 'em! Military occupation? Not allowing them to help themselves? Seriously?? How are they supposed to help themselves? They have NOTHING! They were - and still are - a crumpled mass of suffering humanity - plummeted into the depths of dispair and need.... and you wanna let them help themselves? What are we to believe, you ask? Believe this: We should get up off our lazy well fed asses and do whatever we can to help - and if you don't like the help that's being organized on our behalf to provide a vehicle for us to deliver assistance, then get on up and find your own way to help. And comparing this to Iraq? DB - you really flew off on a tangent on this one. 8O