Oil, Boom is it really over

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Looks like we will have oil for a few more years. Do you think we were conned about oil being in short supply?

Cramped on Land, Big Oil Bets at Sea:

In May, the first wells from Chevron's latest Gulf of Mexico project came online. The wells are now pumping 125,000 barrels of oil a day, making the project one of the gulf's biggest producers. In September, BP PLC announced what could be the biggest discovery in the gulf in years: a field that could hold three billion barrels.
Beyond the Gulf of Mexico, companies have announced big finds off the coasts of Brazil and Ghana, leading some experts to suggest the existence of a massive oil reservoir stretching across the Atlantic from Africa to South America. Production from deepwater projects -- those in water at least 1,000 feet deep -- grew by 67%, or by about 2.3 million barrels a day, between 2005 and 2008, according to PFC Energy, a Washington consulting firm.

cramped-on-land-big-oil-bets-at-sea: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I found this interesting. It is an eMail from a friend.

Global dimming?

Is this the reason for the chemtrails? The reason the military, who DID fly during Sept. 11-13 and release chemtrails (I saw them) was for the (continued) purpose of reflecting the sun's heat. They just had less impact, in those 3 days, because the scheduled airlines were incapable of their usual assistance. I often suspected that this might be the purpose of chemtrails - putting out particles to reflect the sun's heat, in order to slow global warming.

But what an idiotic bandaid solution! ... given what this flick reveals. The real solution, of course, is to shift our energy source from oil which, then, once again, points the finger at those who will not allow that. So, why are the global elite (PTB) so determined to hang onto their precious oil when they see that this means their own demise? Or, do they intend to make it all better just by population reduction? Or are they just planning on leaving the planet when the going gets tough? We already know these entities are weird, or off-planet, or evil, so an alleged solution, such as reducing the requirement for things which cause global warming, e.g.: cars, along with reducing the requirements for things which cause global dimming, e.g.: airplanes, is equally idiotic, particularly when the real solution is easy – alternate sources of energy which are not only abundant but also superior.

So, what is really going on? It appears to me that, this problem, along with every other problem on this planet, will continue because, since it is easy to fix and, yet, has not been fixed, it is the way it is, BY DESIGN. Those who control the planet are maintaining this situation because this is how they want it. I was sorry that the narrator neglected to mention this. The fact that the PTB have never done anything to benefit the people of this planet, or, indeed, the planet itself, begs the question: Who in Hell ARE 'they'?

Mary Croft

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I doubt if it's over as technology allows it to be extracted from more and more inaccessable areas. I think that question is secondary until we find out for sure just what the connection is between oil and climate change. Looks to me like we should be cutting back on our use of oil and possibly will as other technology gets perfected and attitudes get changed (like toward atomic energy). As far as supplies of oil are concerned I think in another generation or two there could be a genuine concern about available supply.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Good Morning JLM. Try to find time to view the video. It is an eye opener.

I did that, definitely scary sh*t, we could be buggered. Anyway we have two opposite problems to solve- one thing for sure, we have to quit flying planes, which may just be in the process of starting to happen. Then all we have to do is quit driving cars and bingo the problem is solved.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Oil will become more scarce as big nations like China and India grow. Nations that are smart enough to invest in alternative and greener energy will benefit the most from the decline of oil.

Question is, which nation or nations are smart enough?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What boggles my mind is that I have been aware of this problem since the sixties and there are still people arguing that it isn't happening or that we have nothing to do with it. Like I've said before, "some people must like the smell of their own excrement."

BTW Mowich, like your new avatar. Very ethereal.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What boggles my mind is that I have been aware of this problem since the sixties and there are still people arguing that it isn't happening or that we have nothing to do with it. Like I've said before, "some people must like the smell of their own excrement."

BTW Mowich, like your new avatar. Very ethereal.

Maybe Cliff, but I think it's the smell of the money they are making at the expense of the environment that camouflages the real smell.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Maybe Cliff, but I think it's the smell of the money they are making at the expense of the environment that camouflages the real smell.
Blinded by money! They say there is no paper money in Canada that does not have some cocaine on it. Perhaps their noses are just numb, that is how they can keep their heads where the sun don't shine.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Blinded by money! They say there is no paper money in Canada that does not have some cocaine on it. Perhaps their noses are just numb, that is how they can keep their heads where the sun don't shine.

Off topic but...

Traces of Cocaine are is on most money. That is what the Fla Police use to seize money...cocaine traces on it. They had a TV News article when a Florida county police cheif was backing up the policy of seizing money without due cause because of coacaine traces.

It stemmed from a case of a guy who was going to buy a car with cash and was pulled over. The guy had no prior arrests but was carrying 20K for a downpayment. The cops just took it!

So they investigative reporter asked if he could test the chief's money and he agreed. There was coke traces on all his bills and he just shrugged.