China-India debate!!

ajsoing

Nov 18, 2009
A thread in a Chinese forum says:

China and India, two Eastern giants with thousand-year of civilization, are playing increasingly important roles in international affairs. However, in recent years, the upgrading trade conflicts and tensions generated by border disputes have make this piece of Asian land a hotspot in world.

In order to reinforce the civil communication and information sharing between Chinese and Indian netizens, Sino-Indo Special Column of Huanqiu.com initiates "Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Contest". The contest will start on December 1, 2009 on Global Times Forum. Debaters from China and Indian will have a hot discussion on key issues of mutual concern.

We are looking for netizens from China and India who are interested in Sino-Indo issues to take part in the contest. We're looking forward to your participation!

Please send your basic information (Name, E-mail, MSN, QQ, Location) to zhuliangliang@huanqiu.com We would like to read your comments on following topics first. If you would like to writte something please attach it in your E-MAIL.

Topics:

1.China and India are competitors or partners?

2.Is Sino-Indian relationship has a promising prospect?

3.Which country gains the upper hand in science and technology, india or China?

4. Whose development mode is more successful, India or China?

Quote:
Chinese, Indian Internet users to have lively debate
http://china.globaltimes.cn/diplomac...11/484009.html
Related News:
India's unwise military moves
Is Dalai Lama's visit to Tawang not political?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

Competitors!

Not really, China is part of alley's axis of evil.

Got to go with the Chinese.

Tuff one, I'd say India cuz they want it more.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
These nations are focused inward. They have more to gain by cooperation than by competition. Unfortunately they share disputed borders. They should settle their differences by a compromise agreement and then work together to rework the UN, the UNSC, IMF...

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

I think given time they could be good partners, but at the moment they are competitive with India standing on lower ground.

Yes. Amicable relations between peoples is always promising.

I think both have good scientific research bases, but India's general population is quite illiterate, so China has the lead in technology.

China at the moment. Indians need education.

I don't think the Dalai Lama is a political person. To suggest as much seems to me to be ignorant of his beliefs.

No, I don't think China should use force against India.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
ajsoing

Topics:

Competitors of course. Both are after the same market space.

There is always room for a promising relationship. Of course both side need to want the prospect of it to grow.

By Far India is well ahead. China can best reproduce ( copy ) anything but India has twice the engineering capabilities of the US and China combined.

India has developed faster since it started later then China at the new market. It also has a better Quality Control and IP track record then China. It therefore has the advantage and is more successful in development mode.