USA boycots Scotland.

FUBAR

Electoral Member
May 14, 2007
US urged to boycott Scottish products after Lockerbie bomber's release - Telegraph

Lockerbie: its payback time with boycott of British goods as American anger grows | Mail Online

Seems the whiskey industry is in for hard times. Have they really thought this through all the way as Scots also invented the telephone and tv so will they boycott those as well. But why blame Britain, don't they know Scotland has an independent government now........:roll:
Guess they will try and find a replacement for golf as well now......;-)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Ha, that's funny. If other countries boycotted the US every time they did something stupid with regards to international terrorists, nobody would buy anything American at all...

strange

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2009
Toronto
Let them boycott. Scotland has the authority to release a man that is terminally ill and going to die anyways. Kind of a waste of time to boycott in my mind......

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We aren't boycotting Scotland. I just picked up a new kilt and a set of bagpipes the other day.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Seems the whiskey industry is in for hard times. Have they really thought this through all the way as Scots also invented the telephone

Absolutely... no phone calls ever again.

I didn't know Alexander Grahm Bell was Scottish.

and tv so will they boycott those as well.

Yup... Scotland is the major manufacturer of TV's so we won't be buying TV's.

I was just going to pick up a McDougal 36" HDTV but not now.

But why blame Britain, don't they know Scotland has an independent government now........:roll:
Guess they will try and find a replacement for golf as well now......;-)

No golf either because boycotting the local golf courses will bring Scotland to her knees. ;-)

FUBAR

Electoral Member
May 14, 2007
Bagpipe, bagpipes...? Are they some kind of weird prophylactic?

Indeed they are. My father-in-law is a Scot and I believe bagpipes are an "aural contraceptive" in that no woman will remain within 5 miles once you start fingering your chanter. I also believe that is why the long dangly bits are called "drones"....:lol::lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The US Military has stopped using "Claymore Mines". We are going to call them "Freedom Mines".

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I support this boycot. I will still drink Scotch, but I won't enjoy it as much....;-):smile:

Last edited: