Justice Yemen-style: Paedophile who raped boy, 11, shot in the head

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Pictured here is justice, Yemen-style.

Yemen, a country of 23 million people which borders Saudi Arabia, is one of 59 countries which operate the death penalty.

This paedophile - a barber - is accused of murdering and raping an 11-year-old boy, and cutting his body into pieces.

His punishment was to be led out of gaol, handcuffed, in front of a large crowd of spectators, then is made to lie face down on a red carpet before being shot in the back of the head.

Last year, 13 people were executed in Yemen.

Hopefully, soon Britain will bring back the death penalty.

Justice Yemen-style: Paedophile who raped boy, 11, shot in the head in front of hundreds of spectators

By Tamara Cohen
07th July 2009
Daily Mail

Yemen

This is criminal justice, Yemen style. A man accused of raping and murdering an 11-year-old boy is paraded through his home town before being shot dead by an executioner.

Hundreds of onlookers lined the streets to watch the gruesome scene, cheering and shouting abuse at Yehya Hussein al-Raghwah.

The boy, Hamdi al-Kabas, had reportedly come into his shop for a haircut last December during the Muslim festival of Eid. After brutally attacking him, the barber cut his body into pieces and dumped them outside the capital Sana'a.

He was given the death penalty by a Yemeni court a month later after apparently admitting his crime.

Shocking images of his final moments were released following the execution yesterday.

First he leaves the city's central prison, handcuffed and dressed in white robes.

Fear etched on his face, he is surrounded by soldiers as he is led towards a ceremonial red carpet.

He is allowed to say a final prayer, his shirt is then ripped open before he is laid face down.

As a police official reads out his sentence for the last time, a doctor oversees his treatment and crowds - which appear to include children - jeer and punch the air, some filming his final moment on their mobile phones.

Enlarge
Yahya Hussein al-Raghwah prepares himself before the execution

Enlarge Yemeni police officers, accompanied by a doctor, left, place al-Raghwah face down prior to his execution in front of the central prison in San'a

A soldier brandishes his machine gun at the nape of the barber's neck, and within a split second it is all over. His death brings the number of executions in the country this year to nine.

Yemen is one of 59 countries which retains the death penalty, and one of its most prolific users, according to Amnesty International.

It is deployed for a variety of violent and non-violent crimes including apostasy and adultery.

Last year Yemen executed 13 people, according to those Amnesty has verified. But as no official figures are released the real toll could be far higher.

All of those died by firing squad but in recent years there have been reports of stonings and beheadings.

The deeply religious desert country has a poor human rights record and it is unclear if the barber had a fair trial.

Under sharia law, which applies in Yemen, relatives of the victims of certain categories of murder have the power to pardon the offender in exchange for compensation, grant a pardon freely or request his or her execution.

Enlarge
The executioner prepares to shoot al-Raghwah in the back of the head

The executioner shoots the paedophile

dailymail.co.uk

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

A man accused of raping and murdering

He was given the death penalty by a Yemeni court a month later after apparently admitting his crime.

The deeply religious desert country has a poor human rights record and it is unclear if the barber had a fair trial.

Yeah, lets aspire to be just like them. :-?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
A man accused of raping and murdering

Yeah, lets aspire to be just like them. :-?

We are not exactly just like them, here the right ammount of class cash in the indicated hands and the pedophile gets released to hunt again, no apparent justice is done. At the very least in Yemen some form of justice is apparent. Yemens record among poor human rights practicioners cannot ever hope to approach Israels or the USAs or Britians or any other western or western backed nation. Money and power determine rights in the imperium and nothing else.

sirlorenzo

Electoral Member
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
I'm pretty sure the US executes more than 59 people per year. And for some reason the lethal injection costs thousands, when a bullet is just as quick.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Well you asked me if I wanted the death penalty. I never said you wanted me executed and I refuse to believe the rumours that you do. Let me be perfectly clear, I do not want or deserve the death penalty at this time.

At some point though you want to be executed for your promiscuous lifestyle? :cool:

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
Amen for Yemen, one stinking bottom dweller tastes the dust for the last time. Corporal law wins, society is cleansed, the children are safe.
God gets another soul, to set straight at the gate! :fish:
Alleluia!
Let Him offer forgiveness for us all.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well you asked me if I wanted the death penalty. I never said you wanted me executed and I refuse to believe the rumours that you do. Let me be perfectly clear, I do not want or deserve the death penalty at this time.

No I didn't. I was addressing the OP.

This is what he said.

I wasn't even talking to you.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O Do they clean the carpet and reuse it? Waste of a good carpet. Maybe they don't clean it.....................hooooooooooooocares!!

Why not just march el rapisto out into a sand dune, and put one in his head?

Lots of sand dunes, no?

Leave him for the buzzards

Any buzzards?:cool:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No I didn't. I was addressing the OP.

This is what he said.

[/size][/b]

I wasn't even talking to you.

Listen if you can't make it clear to other posters who you are in fact directing your drivel toward is it my fault. It's as obvious as can be that you were in fact questioning me. Everybody knows how you are eh.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
from Amnesty International

Unfair trials

Scores of suspected spies and alleged supporters of Hussain Badr al-Din al-Huthi or al-Qa’ida were unfairly tried before the SCC, or had their sentences confirmed by the Appeal Specialized Court (ASC). Defence lawyers complained that they were not permitted full access to their clients’ files, and defendants alleged that “confessions” they had made during lengthy pre-trial incommunicado detention had been obtained under torture or other ill-treatment.
  • In the so-called Sana’a Cell 2 case, 14 alleged supporters of Hussain Badr al-Din al-Huthi were convicted of violent offences and other crimes in connection with the civil unrest in Sa’da in 2007. Some received prison terms and one defendant was sentenced to death. Those convicted included journalist Abdul Karim al-Khaiwani, a prisoner of conscience sentenced to a six-year prison term; he was released in September under a presidential pardon.
  • Hamad ‘Ali al-Dahouk and ‘Abdul ‘Aziz al-Hatbani were sentenced to death as spies in February. Both men were convicted of informing the Egyptian authorities that the governments of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, with the knowledge of the Yemeni authorities, were financing armed groups in Yemen to mount attacks against foreign tourists in Egypt. In October the ASC confirmed the death sentence against Hamad ‘Ali al-Dahouk but acquitted ‘Abdul ‘Aziz al-Hatbani. The case was due to be heard finally by the Supreme Court.
  • Three people charged with spying for Iran appeared before the SCC in October. They were reported to have been previously detained for two months, held incommunicado and beaten. They were connected to a legal Shi’a association in Aden which had operated openly for years. The trial was ongoing at the end of the year.
  • At least 37 alleged members or supporters of al-Qa’ida were tried before the SCC or had their appeals heard by the ASC. In February, Bashir Rawah Nnu’man was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment for having false documents to travel to Iraq to participate in the conflict there. In October, the ASC upheld the convictions of 36 defendants sentenced by the SCC in November 2007; 33 received prison terms ranging from three to 15 years and three were sentenced to death in their absence. All had been convicted of belonging to an armed group and attacking oil installations.
Torture and other ill-treatment

Police brutality and torture of detainees held in connection with politically motivated acts or protests as well as ordinary criminal suspects were reported to be widespread and carried out with impunity. Confessions allegedly obtained under torture or other duress were accepted as evidence by the courts without being investigated adequately, if at all. Reported methods of torture included beating with sticks, punching, kicking, prolonged suspension by the wrists or ankles, burning with cigarettes, being stripped naked, denial of food and prompt access to medical help, and threats of sexual abuse.
  • Tawfiq al-Masouri, sentenced to death by the SCC in January for a murder committed when he was 17, was reportedly tortured while held incommunicado for three months by police in Sana’a. He said that he confessed as a result of torture, and a medical examination carried out at his lawyer’s request found marks consistent with these allegations. However, no further investigation was known to have been undertaken by the authorities.
Yemen | Amnesty International Report 2009