Corporatism Discussion

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
FrontPage Magazine - What is American Corporatism?

The economic Left likes corporatism for three reasons:

1. It satisfies its lust for power.
  2. It makes possible attempts to redistribute income.
  3. It enables them to practice #2 while remaining personally affluent.
The economic Right likes corporatism for three different reasons:
  1. It enables them to realize capitalist profits while unloading some of the costs and risks onto the state.
  2. The ability to intertwine government and business enables them to shape government policy to their liking.
  3. They believe the corporatist state can deliver social peace and minimize costly disruptions

Discuss amongst yourselves

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I disagree strongly with the author and hope for his speedy recovery, I understand dementia isn't fun. It's easy to employ lunatics who will say anything to bar the pink tide creeping accross the globe.:smile:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What are the alternatives? As far as I'm concerned, there are no options that will yield results in terms of progress combined with a good quality of life along with the essential services required to bind society.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
What are the alternatives? As far as I'm concerned, there are no options that will yield results in terms of progress combined with a good quality of life along with the essential services required to bind society.

That is what the author says. We have this system until somebody can replace it with something better or people are willing to give up the things it gives us.

...and Ron, that is Mike Myers doing Babs Streisand - Talk show host - on SNL. He used to throw out a topic and say "discuss amongst yourselves"

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The reason I posted this is that there always seems to be a left vs right argument here (and on other forums) when in reality the present system serves both for different reasons and it really makes no difference whether Reagan, Clinton, Bush or Obama is in the Oval Office (or which party controls Congress). I know how much it pains folks like Gopher, YJ and Joey to hear this but sometimes you have to face the bogey man under the bed.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
That is what the author says. We have this system until somebody can replace it with something better or people are willing to give up the things it gives us.

...and Ron, that is Mike Myers doing Babs Streisand - Talk show host - on SNL. He used to throw out a topic and say "discuss amongst yourselves"

It is being replaced Cannuck. That's what all the whining and groaning is about from this author. He's blind to the obvious alternative because he's employed not to see it. Nobody is confused about alternatives but the class about to loose theirs.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It is being replaced Cannuck. That's what all the whining and groaning is about from this author. He's blind to the obvious alternative because he's employed not to see it. Nobody is confused about alternatives but the class about to loose theirs.

... Being replaced with?

(you'll have to fill in the rest of the sentence DB)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power | World news | The Guardian

''George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism. His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act''

.... more ....

Republicans love to make war profits. They why they finance Hitler, Zionism, Stalin, al-qaeda, and international terrorism.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power | World news | The Guardian

''George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism. His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act''

.... more ....

Republicans love to make war profits. They why they finance Hitler, Zionism, Stalin, al-qaeda, and international terrorism.
If you had investments with any brokerage in the 30's 40's, you supported Nazism.

Hell, even Officers in the Allied Armies held portfolio's that profited from the financial mechanization's of the Nazi regime. This isn't new, this isn't news. This is sensational hyperbole.

Your point?

Oh ya, morally bankrupt left. It's OK for left wing dictators to subjugate and condemn their people to poverty, but hey, Bush Sr. Sr. is a pig dog for having money invested...:roll:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Investors weren't charged under Trading With the Enemy Act like he was. But, I suppose you would have supported him under those circumstances.
First off he wasn't convicted. Secondly, the firm he worked for had dealings with Thyssen. He didn't work for Thyssen.

Politics and money, make strange bedfellows.

And again, leftard hyperbole.