Sentenced to 12 years in slave concentration camp

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Two female reporters were sentenced to 12 years of torture for crossing the NK border.

Is it just about time that North Korea got its ass kicked? I mean really. There should be a coalition to wipe those jack booted turds off the map. Blow the **** out of those missile silos and stuff Jong Il's nuts down his throat.

One of these times I'll form an opinion on this.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
An opinion on how best to feed Jong Il his balls?

I say well done. No blue rare for him!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My opinion would be to roast under an open flame until charbroiled, then remove appendage from body.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It's almost like he is daring other countries to try something. Total nutbar.8O

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Two female reporters were sentenced to 12 years of torture for crossing the NK border.

Sentenced to 12 years in slave concentration camp

Maybe it won't be so bad if there is a lovable Sgt Schultz to be fooled at every turn and a zany-style Col. Klink that these women can take advantage of: you know, build tunnels, construct radios in coffee cans - that sort of thing.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Ya, it'll be a barrel of laughs starving and forced to work, then beaten for not doing enough.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
... I suppose that the other side of this story is that these 2 ladies should have thought twice about sneaking into the country to do an journalistic piece that had no other intention but to embarass the country.

BTW - These women DID understand that not only were they not welcome in N.Korea, outsiders are essentially prohibited... I wonder if they had some bizarre belief that they are entitled to certain inalienable rights (as Americans) while in N.Korea?

In the end, perhaps they didn't get the memo that detailed that N.Korea is dictator-controlled, vehemently communist nation that absolutely loathes the West... Maybe they'd have thought twice about it.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Perhaps the il prick will get the memo attached to an ICBM.
SOB should be tied to a cactus with rawhide, covered in honey, and then staked to the ground beside fire anthill. Fat little arrogant sewer slime.
I'm with you Gil, and after that we'll really make his life miserable; we'll force him to watch George Bush speeches.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't care if they didn't do enough research about what might happen, NK is totally out of fµcking line.

I agree. I don't think a memo would excuse Hitler. This guy is nothing less. Probably far worse.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
No matter how you cut it - these 2 women landed their own asses in this mess... Kim Jong Il didn't invite them and he didn't kidnap them. Both women knew - explicitly - that they were taking a big risk.

Now - only after they've been caught - is this an issue. During the time that they were playing Woodward and Bernstein the likely motivation was to achieve fortune and fame.. Well, it back-fired on them and there is no one else to blame but themselves for their abject stupidity.

While I don't wish this eventuality on anyone, you'll pardon me for not having unconditional sympathy for 2 people that specifically went looking for trouble and found exactly that.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No matter how you cut it - these 2 women landed their own asses in this mess... Kim Jong Il didn't invite them and he didn't kidnap them. Both women knew - explicitly - that they were taking a big risk.

Now - only after they've been caught - is this an issue. During the time that they were playing Woodward and Bernstein the likely motivation was to achieve fortune and fame.. Well, it back-fired on them and there is no one else to blame but themselves for their abject stupidity.

While I don't wish this eventuality on anyone, you'll pardon me for not having unconditional sympathy for 2 people that specifically went looking for trouble and found exactly that.
So it's their fault Il and his ilk persecuted them? After all, it's not Il's fault he's a megalomaniac and arrogant tyrant. It's the fault of the people he victimizes. Women who dress sexy probably deserve to be raped, too, I suppose? Grandpa and Grandma Jones probably deserve to be robbed because they worked to have nice things in their home, too, yes? The planet deserved Hitler because it didn't have a dictator to rule it, right?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

They're only fame is getting caught. You wouldn't know them from a hole in the ground if this trial and sentence didn't happen. They aren't the first journalists to be around the China-NK border, and the rest aren't exactly household stars with recording contracts.

If it was your own daughter being sent to a Hitler style concentration camp you'd probably have a different outlook. But since it's just another batch of bytes on a computer screen, and it's about other people ... ah shucks, who cares., it's only that crimes against humanity stuff that happens elsewhere.

I just hope to live long enough to see Kim Jong Il hung by his nuts.

TreeGirl

May 29, 2009
Canada
I wish we could go in there and take them out...Humanity is suffering everywhere when this is allowed. To bad they couldn't be traded out for some of the pond scum we have in our own backyard.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I don't care if they didn't do enough research about what might happen, NK is totally out of fµcking line.

Does NK have the right to enforce its own laws within its borders or do American reporters have the right to break NK laws in NK?

Surely we have some North Koreans locked up somewhere we can trade...

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Does NK have the right to enforce its own laws within its borders or do American reporters have the right to break NK laws in NK?

Good point.

I've seen this program on television lately called Banged up abroad and it really is taking your chances with the laws of different countries.

It was the journalists who took the extremely daft risk of trying to cross a border of a country like NK.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Is it just about time that North Korea got its ass kicked? I mean really. There should be a coalition to wipe those jack booted turds off the map. Blow the **** out of those missile silos and stuff Jong Il's nuts down his throat.

One of these times I'll form an opinion on this.

From what I can gather the country is pretty well useless anyway, can't even grow enough food to sustain themselves. Maybe dropping a block buster on the parliament bldgs. would smarten them up. That way a few politicians would go with minimal risk to the ordinary citizens.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

It has not been proven that the reporters actually entered NK territory, it has been speculated that the NK guards might have scooped them from the Chinese side of the border, which is not out of the realm of possibility considering their past actions.

Link
"Both women work for Al Gore's Current TV. They were arrested near the North Korean border with China where they were reporting on the trafficking of women.

There are doubts over whether the pair tried to enter the country or were arrested on Chinese territory."