Dumb Americans

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Dumb Americans

Many still believe years after 911 that some of the terrorists came thru Canada and into the US.
Senator McCain, Senator Clinton before becoming Sec of State made the same comments – You would think that the US Media would be all over them like stink on a fart –
Oh No – Some will – But to have people that carry such power being so dumb is a sad state of affairs -
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1531846
WASHINGTON -- Former Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Friday said he believed some of the 9/11 hijackers entered the United States from Canada, triggering a new round of frustration and anger among Canadian government officials only days after a similar remark by U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.
Mr. McCain, an Arizona senator who has championed free trade ties with Canada, told Fox News Ms. Napolitano was accurate when she suggested the terrorists responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington crossed into the U.S. across the Canadian border.
"Well, some of the 9/11 hijackers did come through Canada, as you know," Mr. McCain said when asked if he was worried Ms. Napolitano was misinformed.
The comment prompted the Canadian embassy in Washington to contact Mr. McCain's office to set the record straight -- as it did with the homeland security secretary earlier in the week.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
These recent distortions of the truth are purely for Political maneuverings and
have no bering on reality. Politics and Reality are not always mutually exclusive
to each other, but often are.8O

This has nothing to do with anyone's intelligence, but is the lead up to a punch-line.:-|
I'm not looking forward to that punch-line.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yet the CIC allows Canada to have the infamous reputation of being a nice place to go to avoid prosecution and persecution for doing nasty things elsewhere.
I posted links to two people who are still here fighting extradition; 1 of them still here after 12 years after being caught (Chinese), the other for 10 years (Thai). Paul Martin himself attended fundraisers for Tamil terrorists. I don't see the big deal here, Goober.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
have no bering on reality. Politics and Reality are not always mutually exclusive

This has nothing to do with anyone's intelligence, but is the lead up to a punch-line.:-|

Ron
I remember after 911 a US citizen murdered a man who he thought was a Muslim – Man was a Sikh – Enough dumb people in the world without giving them more lies to spread – You no the old saying – Nothing spreads faster than bad news -

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yet the CIC allows Canada to have the infamous reputation of being a nice place to go to avoid prosecution and persecution for doing nasty things elsewhere.
I posted links to two people who are still here fighting extradition; 1 of them still here after 12 years after being caught (Chinese), the other for 10 years (Thai). Paul Martin himself attended fundraisers for Tamil terrorists. I don't see the big deal here, Goober.

L Gilbert
One terrorist from the Mid East – Palestinian- has been here appealing for about 20 years -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Sorry Ron...but NOPE...... with the american polititians still propogating these lies, there are many americans that believe what they say. I have heard it from their own mouths and keyboards over the years.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Canada/U.S. border is an imaginary line on a
map. Stand someone from Windsor and some one from Detroit of
the same socioeconomic & educational status together and could
you figure out which one was which if they didn't spill the beans
themselves? Same with Saskatchewan & North Dakota, or Oregon
and BC...

Ironically, residents of the U.S.A. and Canada are all Americans.
North Americans....but Americans none the less. Somehow that
gets lost in many of these types of discussions.
:lol:8O:lol:8O:lol:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sorry Ron...but NOPE...... with the american polititians still propogating these lies, there are many americans that believe what they say. I have heard it from their own mouths and keyboards over the years.

Why do you think that these Politicians are (& I agree with you
that they're aren't speaking the truth!!!) saying what they're saying?

Something is coming down the pipe, & it won't smell like roses for
cross-border shipping and shopping and so on and so forth....
This is the lead up to making an unpalatable decision justifiable.
I don't know what it will be (could be as simple as the coming need
of Passports for road traffic in June/09, or something else entirely)
but it's going to be a hindrance.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Why do you think that these Politicians are (& I agree with you
that they're aren't speaking the truth!!!) saying what they're saying?

Something is coming down the pipe, & it won't smell like roses for
cross-border shipping and shopping and so on and so forth....
This is the lead up to making an unpalatable decision justifiable.
I don't know what it will be (could be as simple as the coming need
of Passports for road traffic in June/09, or something else entirely)
but it's going to be a hindrance.

Agreed..... but it's the american people that keep putting these polititians in power, and it is the american people that continue to peretuate these lies.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Agreed..... but it's the american people that keep putting these polititians in power, and it is the american people that continue to peretuate these lies.

Many just parrot what they hear. That isn't just an American phoneme
by any means...it's sad but true and the lies could be worse. Nobody
has accused Canadians of eating Babies, though it's come close with
some that are against the Seal Hunt. :lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Dumbness is not a trait that solely belongs to Americans. We have our share of idiots as well.