Obama knows his place

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
You certainly wouldn't want a leader to show any form of respect to another leader, would you?
Leaders of countries do not bow to leaders of other countries unless they are subservient to that country.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Did President Obama bow down to the Saudi King? Video

And some of you think my avatar is out of place.

Big deal. It was a gesture which cost nothing, signified nothing. Just as it doesn’t hurt to be polite, you can achieve a lot more with politeness than with rudeness, it doesn't not hurt to be courteous.

I know the far right in USA has gone ballistic over this. I personally don’t see what the fuss is about.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Of course, when Bush touched Queen Elizabeth it was proof positive that he was hick yahoo, and the far left in the USA went ballistic over it.

And when he hosted a high-ranking Arab prince on his ranch in Crawford, and acknowledging and honouring Saudi customs and held the hand of that Prince, the far left in the USA - once again - went ballistic over it. And their trained cockatiels were laughing their heads off.

Regular people didn't see what the fuss was all about.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Obama got nothing in military and/or economical terms from the rulers of Europe.

Maybe he should have bowed to them too.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Of course, when Bush touched Queen Elizabeth it was proof positive that he was hick yahoo, and the far left in the USA went ballistic over it.

And when he hosted a high-ranking Arab prince on his ranch in Crawford, and acknowledging and honouring Saudi customs and held the hand of that Prince, the far left in the USA - once again - went ballistic over it. And their trained cockatiels were laughing their heads off.

Regular people didn't see what the fuss was all about.

Who cares what regular people think?