Happy Obama Day

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's not every day the savior of the world comes to Canada. Rejoice! Rejoice! Thirty years from now we (those that are still around) will all be able to tell or children, grandchildren and great grandchildren where we were the second Obama stepped on Canadian soil. I'm sure I'll probably be able to feel it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's not every day the savior of the world comes to Canada. Rejoice! Rejoice! Thirty years from now we (those that are still around) will all be able to tell or children, grandchildren and great grandchildren where we were the second Obama stepped on Canadian soil. I'm sure I'll probably be able to feel it.

Maybe we can hope that a little of him rubs off on Stevie boy.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I couldn't care less if bama is here or not. All it is doing is costing us money. What can be said face to face can be said in a conference call...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I couldn't care less if bama is here or not. All it is doing is costing us money. What can be said face to face can be said in a conference call...

Wrong- are we paying for his flight up here? Conference calls don't do the same as a tete a tete as far as camaradie goes. The U.S. is our "big brother", let's promote a positive attitude toward him.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
"Obama" makes a great meditation mantra.

Oooooo Baaaaa Maaaa, Ooooo Baaaaa Maaaa, ...

Testimonial
I've personally used it. I no longer smoke or eat parsnips!
Cousin Spade,
Aether Island

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Wrong- are we paying for his flight up here? Conference calls don't do the same as a tete a tete as far as camaradie goes. The U.S. is our "big brother", let's promote a positive attitude toward him.
Of course we didn't pay for he fl;ight up here, but we are paying big bucks for the security....

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Wrong- are we paying for his flight up here? Conference calls don't do the same as a tete a tete as far as camaraderie goes. The U.S. is our "big brother", let's promote a positive attitude toward him.
I agree! it was a great welcome!! Our own sweet Michelle, the perfect hostess to welcome him! I watched the whole show sofar.
Did you folks see when they displayed commonalities between Obama, Harper and Ignatief? Their zodiac signs - one lion between two bulls! The lion being the leader of the world - the other two fighting each other for position!!:lol:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I guess it's nice that he dropped by Canada first. 6 hours seems like such a short time to fire up that big plane for. News says there was no Obama-mania - only a few hundred people showed up to see him. There was a little snow apparently but mild temps. making slush. It appears the visit is really no big deal.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I agree! it was a great welcome!! Our own sweet Michelle, the perfect hostess to welcome him! I watched the whole show sofar.
Did you folks see when they displayed commonalities between Obama, Harper and Ignatief? Their zodiac signs - one lion between two bulls! The lion being the leader of the world - the other two fighting each other for position!!:lol:

Did you folks see when they displayed commonalities between Obama, Harper and Ignatief? Their zodiac signs - one lion between two bulls!

That would be reaching for anything to keep the audiences interest...:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Of course we didn't pay for he fl;ight up here, but we are paying big bucks for the security....

If you have any inkling at all about how Gov't works that security doesn't cost us anything, those guys are paid regardless, it just gets charged to a different number. Besides do we want to take the risk of harm coming to him in our country, if that happens then you'll find out what protectionism is really about.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
That would be reaching for anything to keep the audiences interest...:lol:

Think I'll go x-country skiing (That's "cross country" not "Christ country"). Will not swing by Ottawa as the Trans Canada Trail is not track set all the way!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I guess it's nice that he dropped by Canada first. 6 hours seems like such a short time to fire up that big plane for. News says there was no Obama-mania - only a few hundred people showed up to see him. There was a little snow apparently but mild temps. making slush. It appears the visit is really no big deal.

I think it's a fairly important visit, I.P. more to establish camaraderie than anything else. Harper could probably use an international friend or two and it won't do our country any harm either. :lol::lol::lol:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
If you have any inkling at all about how Gov't works that security doesn't cost us anything, those guys are paid regardless, it just gets charged to a different number. Besides do we want to take the risk of harm coming to him in our country, if that happens then you'll find out what protectionism is really about.

I know exactly how our government works. I heard the massive figure that this visit was costing us, unfortunately I can't remember what it was. If I come across it, I'll post it.