Wish Obama well!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I am happy to see today that the United States of America has chosen a half black and half white man to become the 44th President.
Obama’s humble beginning of a journey many wish they would be able to reach has given HOPE to millions of people throughout the world today.
I securely hope and believe that Obama will be the President of empathy and understanding and of great wisdom for humanity.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I was impressed with his demeanor and speech today. He acknowledges everyone and is seriously pursuing answers to some very troubling problems. He recognizes the potential for a depression and is actively engaged with some very respected minds seeking to determine a prudent course of action. I am hoping for the best and I feel he is truly going to give this nation his very best effort. He has inherited a natuion badly divided and he does seek to be a uniter.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I was impressed with his demeanor and speech today. He acknowledges everyone and is seriously pursuing answers to some very troubling problems. He recognizes the potential for a depression and is actively engaged with some very respected minds seeking to determine a prudent course of action. I am hoping for the best and I feel he is truly going to give this nation his very best effort. He has inherited a natuion badly divided and he does seek to be a uniter.

Good day to you normbc, yes good point and I was happy to see the demeanor he used including all Americans as well the non believers. Inclusion is good when we deal with humanety.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
“We know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus — and non-believers.”

I liked that. I think there was a time that saying something like that would be unthinkable, especially the 'haaay' to the atheists.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
“We know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus — and non-believers.”

I liked that. I think there was a time that saying something like that would be unthinkable, especially the 'haaay' to the atheists.

Inclusion of all faiths and political stripes is good for todays and future humanity.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I too respected the overall tone of his speech - acknowledging the need to respect the power the U.S. has, and learn to use it prudently. Also the references to pursuing peace ... " we will extend a hand if you will unclench your fist"... loved that! (I might have misquoted it, but that's the gist of it I believe).

It's not easy to sincerely express the humility of a nation floundering - citing the flaws and errors that have contributed to where they now stand, without ever diminishing the qualities that make America a proud and powerful nation... but I think he accomplished both with grace and dignity.

If his inspiring eloquence is matched with sincerity, we should all wish him well.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I too respected the overall tone of his speech - acknowledging the need to respect the power the U.S. has, and learn to use it prudently. Also the references to pursuing peace ... " we will extend a hand if you will unclench your fist"... loved that! (I might have misquoted it, but that's the gist of it I believe).

It's not easy to sincerely express the humility of a nation floundering - citing the flaws and errors that have contributed to where they now stand, without ever diminishing the qualities that make America a proud and powerful nation... but I think he accomplished both with grace and dignity.

If his inspiring eloquence is matched with sincerity, we should all wish him well.

Hi Zen good day, yes the olive branch vs the fist was a great moment on Obama's speech. Yes inspiring eloquence of wisdom is what the people need to day in the US and around the globe.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
We should indeed wish him well, he has a task of monumental proportions.......I wish him every success.....and his speech struck all the right notes.

Last edited:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
We should indeed wish him well, he has a task of monumental proportions.......I wish him every success.....and his speech struck all the right notes.

His speech maybe struck the 'right' notes, but it was mumbo jumbo, no meat or substance. Window dressing....

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
His speech maybe struck the 'right' notes, but it was mumbo jumbo, no meat or substance. Window dressing....

Risus what else would you need in the speech to make you feel welcome?

Yes the olive branch vs the fist was a great moment on Obama's speech. As well inspiring eloquence of wisdom. That is more then Bush offered. Why stay with the same old and look bad in the eyes of the world. US has been hurting for the past 8 years and the American people have the right and asked Obama for change.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

Well, maybe he should have had bush shot by a firing squad at that moment,
then it would have struck a 'right' note.:lol:

I do wish Obama well, as I would for any new president first day on the job.
Always give someone time on the job to 'do something', and don't trash him
when he hasn't had a chance. Just as none of us would want.

Last edited:

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
Obama made history.....good history.....it's about time!!! I think he's a very sincere and wise man.....he has quite a task ahead of him.....I'm happy to see him of all the candidates take it on....I truly believe he will do well. I'm happy to see that America is wising up and selected him for a great change.