US combat troops could leave Iraq by 2011

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
US combat troops could leave Iraq by 2011 under the terms of a deal awaiting approval by Iraq's parliament and presidency, an Iraqi official has said.
The draft security agreement also calls for US forces to withdraw from all Iraqi urban areas by June 2009.
The 27-point agreement reportedly includes a compromise allowing US soldiers some immunity under Iraqi law.
The final date when US troops leave will depend largely on security.

There are still a lot of details to be worked out!

The decision will be taken by a joint committee, which could reduce or extend the amount of time US troops spend in the country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7577730.stm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who knows what all can happen in the next three years? These agreements are hardly worth the paper they are written on.:-(
US in Iraq, Russia in Georgia, both make sure they retain a sizable number of troops in the country.

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
2000 dead? Well thats not too bad. :roll:
Sorry, Eagle, I changed the subject, because I realized there was somewhere a thread going on Georgia, and therefore nobody posted here. ... I might as well change the subject. But now I see I didn't get rid of the theme "Georgia". Must ask Andem for help.
I apologize, you got stuck in the inbetween time!:smile:

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
And we can also count on approximately 1460 posts..at least one per day..that predict doom and oil wars...

Double it if McCain does two terms...

:roll:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
And we can also count on approximately 1460 posts..at least one per day..that predict doom and oil wars...

Double it if McCain does two terms...:roll:
Wrong! We luckily have you and your friends to even it out with contra posts!!!;-):lol:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
You can count on McCain and the Republicans starting another war for more oil profits thereafter.
That's right!.... covert operations inside Iran are going on as we speak....actually, this year they, the American under-cover government, have increased their covert activities. One of these days....BOOM!8O:cool:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Without counting the dead, the Iraq invasion was probably a bigger cock-up than VietNam. To this day, forgetting all the lies and B.S., I don't understand Bush's reasons for starting that war. Was it just to lynch Saddam Hussein? Was it just to show the world that the U.S. could, with impunity, start a war anywhere and get away with it. Bush's premature little "mission acomplished" ceremony on board the aircraft carrier was even more baffling.
As far as I can see, The U.S. could start leaving Iraq tomorrow. Of course the puppet Iraqi government wouldn't last out the year. The U.S. will never give up control of Iraqi oil, which was the reason for the war in the first place, and the reason they won't leave.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
If the US does pull out of Iraq trhe biggest fears the other governments in the region have is Iraq becoming a quasi US colony. Loon, the covert ops have been going on for years relating to Iran. There are still night time flights of supplies being sent in by parachutes or rapid landing rolling off loads. I'll bet Iraq and Afghan soils house some of the resources too.

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Without counting the dead, the Iraq invasion was probably a bigger cock-up than VietNam. To this day, forgetting all the lies and B.S., I don't understand Bush's reasons for starting that war. Was it just to lynch Saddam Hussein? Was it just to show the world that the U.S. could, with impunity, start a war anywhere and get away with it. Bush's premature little "mission acomplished" ceremony on board the aircraft carrier was even more baffling.
As far as I can see, The U.S. could start leaving Iraq tomorrow. Of course the puppet Iraqi government wouldn't last out the year. The U.S. will never give up control of Iraqi oil, which was the reason for the war in the first place, and the reason they won't leave.
I say Amen to that! It always comes back to the oil... as has become obvious in Afghanistan, and now in their latest reaction to Georgia. In a way it is understandable, and they might as well admit it, because if the US didn't grab it, someone else would.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
If the US does pull out of Iraq the biggest fears the other governments in the region have is Iraq becoming a quasi US colony.
I can see that happen. The US has far too much invested already, it's time to reap the fruits.
Loon, the covert ops have been going on for years relating to Iran.
True, i've read that as well, and listened to Seymour Hersh who says these co-ops have significantly increased this year by the tune of some extra 400 million in funding. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/29/seymour-hersh-exposes-new_n_109818.html
There are still night time flights of supplies being sent in by parachutes or rapid landing rolling off loads. I'll bet Iraq and Afghan soils house some of the resources too.
That would be an obvious conclusion.