US - Poland

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Missile Defense: Washington and Poland just moved the World closer to War

The signing on August 14 of an agreement between the governments of the United States and Poland to deploy on Polish soil US ‘interceptor missiles’ is the most dangerous move towards nuclear war the world has seen since the 1962 Cuba Missile crisis.

Far from a defensive move to protect European NATO states from a Russian nuclear attack, as military strategists have pointed out, the US missiles in Poland pose a total existential threat to the future existence of the Russian nation.

The Russian Government has repeatedly warned of this since US plans were first unveiled in early 2007. Now, despite repeated diplomatic attempts by Russia to come to an agreement with Washington, the Bush Administration, in the wake of a humiliating US defeat in Georgia, has pressured the Government of Poland to finally sign the pact.

The consequences could be unthinkable for Europe and the planet.

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said in televised remarks that "the events in the Caucasus show clearly that such security guarantees are indispensable."

"For the Americans, it is an opportunity to expand its military presence across the world, including closer to Russia. For NATO, this is an additional risk...many NATO countries are unhappy with this, including the Germans and the French."
The US plans to deploy a radar in the Czech Republic and 10 interceptor missiles in northern Poland as part of a US-controlled missile shield for Europe and North America, has been officially sold under the ludicrous argument that it is against possible attacks from "rogue states," including Iran. Last Spring then Russian President Vladimir Putin exposed the shallowness of the US propaganda line by offering a startled President Bush that Russia would offer the US use of Russian leased radar facilities in Azerbaijan on the Iran border to far better monitor Iran missile launches. The Bush Administration simply ignored the offer, exposing that their real target is Russia not "rogue states like Iran. Russia rightly views deployment of the US missile shield as a threat to its national security.

Please, read the response possibilities from Russia!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9836
------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems to me both super powers, US and Russia, don't trust each other at all. Especially the US has demonstrated its expansionism towards the Russian Empire. It actually has the Russians almost completely encircled with military bases all over Europe and Asia.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Trust the USA? You must be mad (not you DL, them others). How can you trust evil like that? Recent history indicates that the American ruling elite can be trusted to betray, steal and murder only.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
In Cuba 'it was missiles' not missile interceptor sites.

Could someone tell me 'if' they use the same launchers for sending missiles as they
do, to send missile interceptors.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol:The US plans to deploy a radar in the Czech Republic and 10 interceptor missiles in northern Poland as part of a US-controlled missile shield for Europe and North America, has been officially sold under the ludicrous argument that it is against possible attacks from "rogue states," including Iran. Last Spring then Russian President Vladimir Putin exposed the shallowness of the US propaganda line by offering a startled President Bush that Russia would offer the US use of Russian leased radar facilities in Azerbaijan on the Iran border to far better monitor Iran missile launches. The Bush Administration simply ignored the offer,"""

Unlike Bush, Mr. Putin seems to have some savy. Betcha Georgie pooped his britches.

:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Busch doesn't have the brains God gave a louse anyhow. Someone please clamp that idiot in irons until February - when only the cattle have to worry.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Doesn't it suck when you're on the Bad Guy's side? For decades since WWI and WWII, the US and other allied nations have pranced around and boasted about how great and wonderful we all are for stopping "Evil Doers" and the sort...... which of course only left a big open window for our officials to make us think we'd never allow ourselves to do things we fought to hard to remove and prevent..... then abuse it all to green snot.

Not to mention the continual bombardment of biased media reports to suit our leader's agendas, it's not suprising that most in the Western world are so ignorant to other perspectives, such as Russias..... as soon a our leaders start closing in on them, and doing the exact same things they argued about what Russia/USSR did in the past.... as soon as they complain, it's "Oh, they're starting up the Russian Bear again and planning to take over the world"

News flash people.... Russia hasn't even remotely acted in ways the US and other allied nations have acted as of late.... they haven't tried to load Cuba up with nukes and missiles, they haven't invaded other sovrign nations unless attacked, unlike the US, and whether or not you like Russia, they are well within their right to be paranoid.

And even if Iran was making nukes..... who the hell would blame them now? They already have the US, Israel, the UK and unfortunatly, Canada bitching at them and threatening to attack them.

When you boil it all down, all this BS and crap the world is going through has all fallen at the feet of the US..... and the rest of the allied nations for letting the US get away with so much for so long.

If Russia wakes and starts up their military machine in full force, I have no damn sympathy for who gets in their path, US and Canada included.

I would have hoped our leaders would have been capable of looking at the facts in an unbiased fashion and bring some balanced resolve to all this with Russia, but instead, all we get is Harper and other idiots in our government parroting the US's rhetoric of unfounded dribble.

I know for a fact that if I was leader of this country, I would have pulled our asses out of NATO long before Afghanistan, I would have centralized our military and built it up for the inevitable and fortified our nation in the upcoming war, severed ties with the US over their continual backstabbing, ignoring of human rights, the rights of POW's, and the rights of soverign nations, along with their continual war mongering and propaganda.

Freedom is not about capitalism, it's not about forcing other nations into democracy when they don't request it, it's not about pre-emptive strikes before there is any real threat, and it's certainly got nothing to do with loading up missiles, military and other forces around other nations to the point where they feel they must attack in order to protect themselves...... Freedom is Principle, and when your allies no longer seem to have any principles of their own, except their own personal greed and profit at the expenses of those we have been brainwashed into not caring about..... then it is time we cut ties with those allies, or we lose our own principles..... and thus, our freedom.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Oh, and I would like to add, that the so-called "Missile Defense Shield" uses missiles to intercept other missles..... and from previous reports and details about that Missile Defense Shield, those missiles can also be used as weapons and can carry nuclear warheads..... this is why the Russians are so Pissed about them being built so close to them in the first place.

Added:

Curious as to how the Missile Defense System is supposed to work:

As the United States presses ahead with plans to deploy its controversial missile defence shield, BBC News Online demonstrates how the system might work:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/americas/2001/us_missile_defence/flash.stm

By the way, I am not sure if there was an update to this report..... but if Poland really wants this system, I wonder if they'll get this one that never worked, lol:

Wednesday, 15 December, 2004

Missile defence shield test fails
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4097267.stm

The first test in almost two years of the planned multi-billion dollar US anti-missile shield has failed.

The Pentagon said an interceptor missile did not take off and was automatically shut down on its launch pad in the central Pacific.

A target missile carrying a mock warhead had been fired 16 minutes earlier from Kodiak Island in Alaska.

The Pentagon is spending $10bn a year on the missile system, which was meant to be in operation by the end of 2004.
The Missile Defence Agency said an "unknown anomaly" was to blame for the system shutting down.

In other words, they still don't know wtf they're doing.

A spokesman said officials would now study data from the launch site at Kwajalein Atoll, in the Marshall Islands, to establish what went wrong.

In earlier tests, target missiles have been successfully intercepted in five out of eight attempts.

Well that's pretty good.... only 3 possible nuclear missles would have hit their targets.... some good money being spent there.

Anybody remember what happened to the Avro Arrow?

Wednesday's trial had been put off four times because of bad weather at launch sites and, on Sunday, because a radio transmitter failed.

Now that's reliable.... bad weather prevented them from testing/using the system? Failing transmitters? Frig, not only would you have to worry about the nukes the system would miss, the bad weather, but if the system itself fails, then you have those interceptor missiles landing somewhere beyond their target and causing more harm then good.

A Pentagon spokesman told Reuters news agency the test had not been tied to the question of when the national missile defence system would be declared operational.

Philip Coyle, chief weapons tester under former US President Ronald Reagan, told Reuters: "This is a serious setback for a programme that had not attempted a flight intercept test for two years."

There's a wonderful example of tax dollars going to good use.

The goal, announced by US President George W Bush in 2002, was to have a basic ground-based shield in place by the end of this year.

The last test, in December 2002, failed when the interceptor missile did not separate from its booster rocket.
The programme has been nicknamed "son of Star Wars" after the original Strategic Defence Initiative - or "Star Wars" - outlined by President Reagan in the 1980s.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Ok, I shall correct my previous out-dated Missile System failure report:

Israel Tests New Missile Defense System – Success
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/126742

Israel's “Iron Dome” missile defense system passed its test Sunday morning with flying colors, according to security officials, who say the system will also be able to defend Israel’s civilians against mortar attacks as well.

The “Iron Dome” works by intercepting medium-range Katyusha rockets as well as the shorter, homemade Kassam rockets and mortars fired by Gaza terrorists, using a small kinetic missile interceptor called the “Tamir.”

The system, when tested a year and a half ago, was found to be incapable of defending against the shorter-range Kassams rockets, which can sometimes reach their target within 20 seconds.

It was previously believed the system would be ineffective against mortar attacks for the same reason since mortar shells hit targets within 10 seconds .

Developed under contract by Israel Military Industry’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, the $300 million system which was tested at the Ramon Air Force Base in southern Israel will reportedly be ready for operation by 2010.

It is meant to become part of a multi-layered defense system aimed at protecting Israeli Gaza Belt residents from shelling by Gaza terrorists, and residents in northern Israel from rocket attacks fired by Hizbullah terrorists in southern Lebanon.

The system might also be used to protect the rest of Israel from longer range attacks launched against the Jewish State from Syria or Iran. Israel has asked the United States to foot the bill for approximately 65 percent of the development costs for the project.

HA HA HA HA.... Oh my *wipes tear from eye* Hey, US..... we want this multibillion dollar military machine for our country.... pay for it. :roll:

Another prime example of the Israeli influence in the White House.

Like little brat kids wanting their X-Box for nothing.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Thanks, Praxi, for your extensive research on the Missile Defence System.

I am ever skeptical of the US media telling us the truth. Couldn't it be that they tell us it didn't work, when in fact it very well did? Why would the US DoD tell the world the truth about their plans and the workings of their systems? I'm highly suspicious!!

Anyway, I fell over an older site that says Canada didn't join in the Missile Defence.
Once again, I was proud of my country this week when we declined participation in the US missile defence shield. It took our Prime Minister–more custodian than visionary–too long to make the decision, but I’m glad he did what he did.
That would still have been under Jean Chretien, who also refused to join in the Iraq war.

http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2005/02/missile-defence.html
---------------------------------------------------
Are we at this point still non-participants?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Yeah I have respect for Jean for a couple of reasons:

• Not joining the missile plan
• Not going to Iraq
• Beating a robber with an inuit carving

and of course:

And this picture always got me a chuckle:

^ I was sorta waiting for him to bust a hip.... hell I don't even like those things... I'd probably bust my own hip.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Oh, and I would like to add, that the so-called "Missile Defense Shield" uses missiles to intercept other missles..... and from previous reports and details about that Missile Defense Shield, those missiles can also be used as weapons and can carry nuclear warheads..... this is why the Russians are so Pissed about them being built so close to them in the first place.

That is the question I asked, as I thought perhaps the missile defence launchers, could' not' be used to fire weapons in an aggressive manner at enemies, so then, if they can,
it doesn't make any sense to build them and point them at anyone, as that is a move
to antagonize others.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Yeah I have respect for Jean for a couple of reasons:

• Not joining the missile plan
• Not going to Iraq
• Beating a robber with an inuit carving

and of course:

And this picture always got me a chuckle:

^ I was sorta waiting for him to bust a hip.... hell I don't even like those things... I'd probably bust my own hip.
:lol:Yeah, he was a funny character, but a great politician. I miss him!

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
dancing-loon

Why should he be in prison? Because of the Sponsorship Scandal? Please, tell me what irks you?
Well ok, GST( a lier), wasting Canadian peoples money ( I am Canadian )my money, allot of my money and something that as a businessman has never failed me before ....a gut feeling, that he is a very talented crook.

Last edited:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The Russian commis and the US Imperialists should both go and F UCK them selves…….. Planet earth will be better off with out these two pathetic F UPS,

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
dancing-loon

Well ok, GST( a lier), wasting Canadian peoples money ( I am Canadian )my money, allot of my money and something that as a businessman has never failed me before ....a gut feeling, that he is a very talented crook.

China good pal how are you?, Jean Chrétien has style and Harper is just a pats.......... ;-)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
dancing-loon

GST was Mulroney - a requirement as it replaced the Manufacturers' Retail Tax - and he'd traded the manufacturers away in Free Trade. It cost me my business. Perhaps you should do some studying?