War on Iran! Close, Inevitable or Ordained/Sanctified?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
War With Iran Might Be Closer Than You Think

By Philip Giraldi

10/05/08 "
American Conservative" -- - There is considerable speculation and buzz in Washington today suggesting that the National Security Council has agreed in principle to proceed with plans to attack an Iranian al-Qods-run camp that is believed to be training Iraqi militants. The camp that will be targeted is one of several located near Tehran. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates was the only senior official urging delay in taking any offensive action. The decision to go ahead with plans to attack Iran is the direct result of concerns being expressed over the deteriorating situation in Lebanon, where Iranian ally Hezbollah appears to have gained the upper hand against government forces and might be able to dominate the fractious political situation.

The White House contacted the Iranian government directly yesterday through a channel provided by the leadership of the Kurdish region in Iraq, which has traditionally had close ties to Tehran. The US demanded that Iran admit that it has been interfering in Iraq and also commit itself to taking steps to end the support of various militant groups. There was also a warning about interfering in Lebanon. The Iranian government reportedly responded quickly, restating its position that it would not discuss the matter until the US ceases its own meddling employing Iranian dissident groups. The perceived Iranian intransigence coupled with the Lebanese situation convinced the White House that some sort of unambiguous signal has to be sent to the Iranian leadership, presumably in the form of cruise missiles. It is to be presumed that the attack will be as “pinpoint” and limited as possible, intended to target only al-Qods and avoid civilian casualties.

The decision to proceed with plans for an attack is not final. The President will still have to give the order to launch after all preparations are made.

Copyright - The American Conservative

Both CBC radio and television ran pro-Israel stories and interviews this morning, that propaganda should continue rather more heavily than what is usual, get ready for overkill on the pro-Jew proIsrael media pitch.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

By Philip Giraldi

10/05/08 "American Conservative" -- - There is considerable speculation and buzz in Washington today suggesting that the National Security Council has agreed in principle to proceed with plans to attack an Iranian al-Qods-run camp that is believed to be training Iraqi militants. The camp that will be targeted is one of several located near Tehran. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates was the only senior official urging delay in taking any offensive action. The decision to go ahead with plans to attack Iran is the direct result of concerns being expressed over the deteriorating situation in Lebanon, where Iranian ally Hezbollah appears to have gained the upper hand against government forces and might be able to dominate the fractious political situation.

The White House contacted the Iranian government directly yesterday through a channel provided by the leadership of the Kurdish region in Iraq, which has traditionally had close ties to Tehran. The US demanded that Iran admit that it has been interfering in Iraq and also commit itself to taking steps to end the support of various militant groups. There was also a warning about interfering in Lebanon. The Iranian government reportedly responded quickly, restating its position that it would not discuss the matter until the US ceases its own meddling employing Iranian dissident groups. The perceived Iranian intransigence coupled with the Lebanese situation convinced the White House that some sort of unambiguous signal has to be sent to the Iranian leadership, presumably in the form of cruise missiles. It is to be presumed that the attack will be as “pinpoint” and limited as possible, intended to target only al-Qods and avoid civilian casualties.

The decision to proceed with plans for an attack is not final. The President will still have to give the order to launch after all preparations are made.

Copyright - The American Conservative

Both CBC radio and television ran pro-Israel stories and interviews this morning, that propaganda should continue rather more heavily than what is usual, get ready for overkill on the pro-Jew proIsrael media pitch.

IF, (read that carefully) IF there is a camp training militants to go across the border and create chaos in Iraq........blow them to hell.

Please.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
And should we also blow-up American terrorist training camps as well?

Perhaps you think that the School of the Americas was about fine-dining?

Perhaps you think that as the complexion of torture and willingness to scrap the Geneva Conventions and rules of International Law continue that these things are somehow different than the enemy you fear?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
And should we also blow-up American terrorist training camps as well?

Perhaps you think that the School of the Americas was about fine-dining?

Perhaps you think that as the complexion of torture and willingness to scrap the Geneva Conventions and rules of International Law continue that these things are somehow different than the enemy you fear?
The various BLACKWATER training camps come to mind!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The various BLACKWATER training camps come to mind!

I'm not a fan of Blackwater........

At the same time, not one US official under their protection has died.....that is an astounding success rate.

As for Mikey's jab about US terror camps........if you've read my posts, there is a LOT the US gov't has done that I don't like.......but they are one hell of a lot better than the competition.

It is a war.

Pick a side.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007

By Philip Giraldi

10/05/08 "
American Conservative" -- - There is considerable speculation and buzz in Washington today suggesting that the National Security Council has agreed in principle to proceed with plans to attack an Iranian al-Qods-run camp that is believed to be training Iraqi militants. The camp that will be targeted is one of several located near Tehran.
Check this out! There are more reasons than one to attack Iran.
In the wake of its Holocaust denial conference and Holocaust cartoon contest, mass-murdering Islamist Iran is forming an antisemitic international, the likes of which the world has not seen since the Nazi era.
http://chinaconfidential.blogspot.co...emitic_06.html

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
If there are camps in Iran being used to launch fighters against American forces, then it is legitimate to target them (Technically having those camps is either a declaration of war from Iran, or its declaration as a failed state no longer able to control its borders and thus no longer sovereign)

If there are camps in America training fighters that are attacking a sovereign nation, that nation (and any allies) are more than willing to take that as a declaration of war from America and launch their own attack.

I wouldn't put too much hopes on its success rate, but you are welcome to it.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I'm not a fan of Blackwater........

At the same time, not one US official under their protection has died.....that is an astounding success rate.

As for Mikey's jab about US terror camps........if you've read my posts, there is a LOT the US gov't has done that I don't like.......but they are one hell of a lot better than the competition.

It is a war.

Pick a side.
Hi, Colpy;
sorry, I don't have the time and commitment to read all your posts, same with a lot of others. But you are right, it is a war. I've come to that conclusion myself very recently, and it is the Fundamental Christians versus the Fundamental (?) Muslims. Reading about the founders and supporters of Blackwater, it becomes clear what their aim and mission is. It may be slightly veiled and obscured, but it is visible to the inquiring mind. Perhaps my imagination is going too far?

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
Articles like this have been coming up from time to time for several years now (I posted one here about a month ago).

Given the frequency and that many of these have appeared in the MSM, I take it there are serious plans for military action against Iran and that the US .gov is leaking these stories to try to scare the Iranians into compliance.

I doubt there would be a full invasion as opposed to just airstrikes against certain targets (ie. nuclear and training camps).

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I hate to get Colpy angry again, but I feel the following should be considered as well:

Israel, the Instigator of the U.S./Iraqi Wars

[SIZE=+2]"Could the influence of 'American' Zionists on Washington even include manipulating America to twice go to war against Iraq for Israel?"

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Is seems they not only can, but did.[/SIZE]
  1. Richard Perle was the chairperson of the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board which made him the 2nd most influential person in the Pentagon. He is a Zionist Jew. He along with two other of the Pentagon's upper echelon, Zionist Jews, were part of the eight person Zionist team that wrote the report for Israel referred to in the interview. Perle was also chairperson of that group. After years of being chair of the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board he finally resigned in March 2003. He now works at one of those infamous "think tanks" where he still gets used by governments and the media to propagandize Zionist policies.
  2. The paper they wrote, "A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm," was written for the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, in 1996. He was leader of the Likud party.
  3. The Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies which this study group worked for at the time is an arm of the Israeli government and has offices in Jerusalem and Washington.
  4. The paper basically recommended that:
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]the best way to secure Israeli security is through the changing of some of the regimes in the Middle East beginning with Iraq, then following with Syria, and Iran. The recommended way to implement these regime changes is for Zionists to convince (lobby) the U.S. to believe it is in its interest to make the change!!!
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]--------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/SIZE]
It's an interesting and thought-provoking article. I hope you all will read it. It is not all black and white... many facts need to be considered. To say the Americans went to war only for Israel's sake is bull... the Americans are not that selfless! Nobody is.
http://www.zionismexplained.org/iraq/iraq.html

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Articles like this have been coming up from time to time for several years now (I posted one here about a month ago).

Given the frequency and that many of these have appeared in the MSM, I take it there are serious plans for military action against Iran and that the US .gov is leaking these stories to try to scare the Iranians into compliance.

I doubt there would be a full invasion as opposed to just airstrikes against certain targets (ie. nuclear and training camps).
I, too, believe these stories of impending war are leaked on purpose to either warn Iran or prepare the world of what's coming. Who knows? They'll never tell their real intentions, but rather have Condi run around still and secure support and compliance for US/Israeli peace efforts. The only good guys down there!
"See, world, we tried our darndest to go the peaceful route....!"

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
As soon as you get religious nuts, or military nuts, or commercial nuts, or ...... into gov't, society breaks down and you have a gov't that is bigotted against any other sort of gov't. The whole thing boils down to the truth that no faction can mind its own business and leave the others alone.

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Isn't it interesting that out of--, say--,1 million, a handful with such seriousness post
Is it that forums must be searched out rather than readily available to all--Too Dangerous?? People may think?
Who Really are the Terrorists? Americans and Israelis are never terrorists and Arabs are--
http://www.prosebeforehos.com/gover...eath-statistics-in-iraq-afghanistan-compared/

It is a war pick a side--How did you pick your side, EH?
Loon--- Your concern regarding angering--Ration excludes emotion as emotion excludes ration

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
"There was also a warning about interfering in Lebanon."

I love that part. WTF is the USA doing then? That isn't even their neighborhood! :roll:

The Americans really do think they own the world 8O

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
The only "right-side" for Colpy will be compete and utter destruction of anything and anyone who even glances the wrong way when the topic of Jews and Israel appear....

To declare that a war has erupted is the strategy of the Neocons and the New World Order folk.....less than stellar company Uncle Bob! ;)

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Israel uses USA goyim to do its fighting-ordinary animals are not good enough--Israel on its own may find Iran a little more responsive than Gaza, Lebannon, Syria--
-Iran would certainly be in its right to defend itself from an act of aggression
Poor common people!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
This is an outrage! I am going to march on parliment hill tomorrow to show my opposition to this facist decision! Join me people, are you pylons or are you internet poll voters?

Seriously, fight the government head on instead of crying like a bunch of babies because Steve-Hair doesn't support your pinky cause.

HEIL CHAVEZ!

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Israel’s Deputy Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz says an attack will be inevitable unless Iran ends its nuclear experiments

The latest IAEA report clearly and conclusively shows that Iran does NOT have nukes and is not in violation of its rules. Therefore, Israel has no business making any threats to that government. It is time for the UN to put a stop to its terrorist aggressions.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
US admiral urges caution on Iran!
That sentence alone confirms to me the plans to attack Iran are still alive!!

America's top military officer has said opening up a third front in the Middle East through a strike on Iran would be "extremely stressful" for US forces.

Now I know! All this scolding NATO to bring in more troops to fight in Afghanistan was done with a specific goal in mind.... to free American troops for the third front!!

The BBC's Justin Webb in Washington says it has been clear for some time that Adm Mullen does not want to attack Iran.

The admiral said that if a conflict began, he believed Iran would have the capability to disrupt ship traffic through the strategic Strait of Hormuz, a waterway near the Persian Gulf, but he would not say if the US Navy was stepping up its patrols in the region.

He said: "I believe [Iran is] still on a path to get nuclear weapons and I think that's something that needs to be deterred."

Why? I think the region would become more stable and peaceful, if Iran was allowed to have nuclear weapons, just like Israel, Pakistan and India. They would equally keep each other in check.

He added: "My position with regard to the Iranian regime hasn't changed. They remain a destabilizing factor in the region.
"But I'm convinced that the solution still lies in using other elements of national power to change Iranian behavior, including diplomatic, financial and international pressure."

He called for dialogue between the US and Tehran.

They have never talked, have they?

Read here....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7486338.stm

Last edited: