china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[SIZE=+1]China's protection of human rights differs from West[/SIZE]
China National News
Tuesday 22nd April, 2008
(ANI)

New Delhi, Apr.22 : A Chinese expert has said that his country's human rights' development differs distinctly from those in Western countries.

Luo Haocai, the president of the China Society for Human Rights Studies, claimed that China is on a path of human rights' development with Chinese characteristics.

Luo, the China Society for Human Rights Studies director, told the inaugural Beijing Forum on Human Rights on Monday that "China believes human rights like other rights are not 'absolute' and the rights enjoyed should conform to obligations fulfilled."

"The country deems human rights not only refer to civil rights and political rights, but also include the economic, social and cultural rights," he said, "these rights are inter-related," he added.

In the past 30 years, China's progress in economic, social welfare, education and culture are easily recognized, but big progress in the rights listed in International Convention on Civil and Political Rights were often ignored, he said.

After 30 years of development, Chinese have enjoyed unprecedented freedom and basic human rights, including religious freedom and political rights, he stressed.

"At the same time, China maintains that human rights are not only the rights enjoyed by individuals but also the collective.

"The country values the protection of individual human rights, but also the collective human rights, which is an important reason for China's stability, social harmony and people's freedom," he said.

Wang Chen, Information Office of the State Council director, said "human rights development is a gradual process

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Human rights aka do not exist,

Only rights of the state...which oddly enough seems to ignore the benefit of the majority of the state..and only the benefit of the elite.

Therefore the "collective human rights" seems to be "the right of the majority to support an elite minority".

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Zzarchov

And that would be significantly different than western "human rights" just how exactly?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I could argue with you, but I don't think you listen or reflect on it anyways, so...

Go to China and see for yourself, come back after a few years and see if there is a difference or not , you don't need me to tell you, see for yourself.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Zzarchov

You've come out strongly in favor of corruption and theft as an acceptable strategy for the retail markeplace in Canada....why should it be any different in China? Have you any idea of how much the executives of corporations are paid (whether their companies fail or not) compared to how much the average wage-earner makes in your nirvana of "free-enterprise"....?

You believe that the masses are justly victimized, you've indicated as much in other threads ...why would it matter to you what's going on in China?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
If you think trying to sell your product or extoll its virtues is theft and corruption, then why are you on here trying to sell your opinion and extoll its virtues?

Are you trying to spread intellectual corruption?

My point stands, everything to you is a big conspiracy to strip you of your god given right to rule over other lesser human beings.

So don't take my word on it, go to China and see for yourself.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Zzarchov

You haven't paid a penny for my opinion. I'm not the proponent of theft and I'm not "selling" anything. You seem to believe that you're entitled to a quality of life that's denied others on the basis of your willingness to abandon principle. You're free to live your make-believe morality and celebrate corruption if you want.... My opinion is free and like yours, worth every penny.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Sorry I missed your closing line...
"lesser human beings..."

Who is more guilty of prejudice in the name of "prosperity", the slavemaster or the person who pays the slavemaster for the procuct he sells?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Uh huh,

Go see for yourself. You need a lil more life experience I think. If you think anyone in Canada has it "bad off" as you keep complaining, you need to look around the world a bit.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Zzachov

I've been to southeast Asia...I've been to Indonesia...I've been to Europe (Germany) I've been a few places around this little orb but visting someplace isn't the same thing as living there and experiencing the wonderful outcome from western corporate greed. It takes longer than a few weeks to appreciate how insidious the contempt for all others is.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I never said sit down for a few weeks. Go to china, live there a few years, see what its like.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
[SIZE=+1]China's protection of human rights differs from West[/SIZE]​

China National News
Tuesday 22nd April, 2008
(ANI)​

New Delhi, Apr.22 : A Chinese expert has said that his country's human rights' development differs distinctly from those in Western countries.

Luo Haocai, the president of the China Society for Human Rights Studies, claimed that China is on a path of human rights' development with Chinese characteristics.

Luo, the China Society for Human Rights Studies director, told the inaugural Beijing Forum on Human Rights on Monday that "China believes human rights like other rights are not 'absolute' and the rights enjoyed should conform to obligations fulfilled."

"The country deems human rights not only refer to civil rights and political rights, but also include the economic, social and cultural rights," he said, "these rights are inter-related," he added.

In the past 30 years, China's progress in economic, social welfare, education and culture are easily recognized, but big progress in the rights listed in International Convention on Civil and Political Rights were often ignored, he said.

After 30 years of development, Chinese have enjoyed unprecedented freedom and basic human rights, including religious freedom and political rights, he stressed.

"At the same time, China maintains that human rights are not only the rights enjoyed by individuals but also the collective.

"The country values the protection of individual human rights, but also the collective human rights, which is an important reason for China's stability, social harmony and people's freedom," he said.

Wang Chen, Information Office of the State Council director, said "human rights development is a gradual process

China I hope you sleep better after reading these BS you post on your thread.
The TOTALITARIAN leadership in China is not one to be trusted. They will execute anyone who opposes them. Chinas human rights and civil liberties DON’T HOLD THE LIGHT TO FREEDOM. When we see Chinas position on the land the Tibetan monks occupy because of the uranium bellow the surface, we transparently see that these losers are not to be trusted. Killing a monk who is not armed with a weapon is an unforgettable as well unforgivable crime. So never mind with your lovable propaganda that China is out to show the world a true picture on how they protect human rights. Nothing but a pile of hog wash. He said and he said and he said nothing. They will kill if they thing that you oppose their sick ideology. China my friend although the people are great people their political system is so corrupt they are a hypocritical bunch who will do to others what they don’t want done to them.

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I've had both friends and relatives that lived in China tell me they love it. They all agree its different but not worse. There is a consensus though that you don't want to get tangled in the legal system.

But all our whining about China overlooks the very real fact that it is the USA which holds the distinction of imprisoning the most of its citizens (1 in 100). They also hire out their gross torture but aren't adverse to using their own forms either. The USA also imprisons more children than any other western "democracy." Since the USA is supposedly the (self appointed) shining example of western democracies this seems like an entirely silly debate to me. China and the USA are hardly distinctive from each other IMO on issues of human rights, in any kind of realistic measure, that is.

Chinese human rights are only an issue to divert attention away from other closer abusers IMO.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I've had both friends and relatives that lived in China tell me they love it. They all agree its different but not worse. There is a consensus though that you don't want to get tangled in the legal system.

But all our whining about China overlooks the very real fact that it is the USA which holds the distinction of imprisoning the most of its citizens (1 in 100). They also hire out their gross torture but aren't adverse to using their own forms either. The USA also imprisons more children than any other western "democracy." Since the USA is supposedly the (self appointed) shining example of western democracies this seems like an entirely silly debate to me. China and the USA are hardly distinctive from each other IMO on issues of human rights, in any kind of realistic measure, that is.

Chinese human rights are only an issue to divert attention away from other closer abusers IMO.

I'm gonna take you to task on this.........

I doubt your friends living in China were political dissidents or even religious.

To compare China to the United States is simply so insulting........

Yes, the United States has been colouring outside the lines lately........with torture, I mean. But that is about to come to a quick stop, no matter who gets in the White House.

That 1% of folks in jail? Convicted of crimes in front of a jury of their peers, in a court where they had the right to a defense, and the right to be presumed innocent.

The Chinese wouldn't even know what that MEANS!

The Chinese not only execute about 15,000 people a year, they harvest organs from them, sometimes before their execution.

They use prisoners as slave labour.

I find it difficult to express the depth of my concern when people raised with all the priviledges, all the rights inherent in western democratic society say "Well, it isn't really better than life in a dictatorship ruled by the same party that has murdered perhaps as many as 70 million people in the last 60 years.....I mean, really, like.... so what?" (Toss of the empty head)

THINK before you post.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
True, it's not fair to compare the US and the Chinese systems. Both have their own. Both work for them. You are familiar with the US system, which makes you biassed and certainly not the fairest of judges. No doubt, someone influenced by China is going to be as supportive of their way - and someone who's run afoul of either is going to see the other side as better.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I'm gonna take you to task on this.........

I doubt your friends living in China were political dissidents or even religious.

You mean like being a communist during the cold war during McCarthyism in the US?

Or being an animal activist or indigenous peoples rights advocate?

Try being a WTO protester here in Canada.

The only difference is that we don't produce propaganda on the things wrong we do.

Oh, and yes, they are religious. That isn't a problem in China unless you want to impose your beliefs on others or convert people. Seems to me if Europe in the Middle Ages had that policy we could have avoided a great many atrocities!

To compare China to the United States is simply so insulting........

I don't see why? The US compares themselves all the time as though they are a higher standard. I'm doing nothing new except doubting their claim.

Yes, the United States has been colouring outside the lines lately........with torture, I mean. But that is about to come to a quick stop, no matter who gets in the White House.

They have also suspended habeas corpus, started an illegal war, committed this centuries greatest war crimes, cut back hugely on their own citizens rights, etc...

I suppose if we had propaganda about this maybe you would of heard about these things?

That 1% of folks in jail? Convicted of crimes in front of a jury of their peers, in a court where they had the right to a defense, and the right to be presumed innocent.

Unless your a minority, immigrant or child.

Also I don't think locking people up for life (including children) is any kinder than killing them.

That is very narrow minded and arrogant Colpy! Just because you think your system is better doesn't mean it is. The Chinese have had their civilization a whole hell of a lot longer than we have.

The Chinese not only execute about 15,000 people a year, they harvest organs from them, sometimes before their execution.

So what? What would you do? Waste the organs and have innocent people die needlessly as a result?

We have chain gangs too and you can hire prisoners for a few bucks a day - that's slavery.

I find it difficult to express the depth of my concern when people raised with all the priviledges, all the rights inherent in western democratic society say "Well, it isn't really better than life in a dictatorship ruled by the same party that has murdered perhaps as many as 70 million people in the last 60 years.....I mean, really, like.... so what?" (Toss of the empty head)

That would be because you don't know what your talking about.

You think you do which is very scary.

THINK before you post.

Good advice. I think you should take it.

Last edited:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Actually, yes, I would let the organs go to waste. It calls in far too much corruption in a country where corruption is already rampant in the medical system (it has a hideous corruption rating).

Rich? Powerful? Need a new organ? Kangaroo Court someone with the right blood type and you are on your way!

A government doesn't need to intentionally be rotten, most rot is the result of many small scale corruptions each unchecked and spreading.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Zzarchov

If there was a chance that an organ were to come from a Jew or an Israeli....?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You mean like being a communist during the cold war during McCarthyism in the US?

Or being an animal activist or indigenous peoples rights advocate?

Try being a WTO protester here in Canada.

The only difference is that we don't produce propaganda on the things wrong we do.

Oh RIGHT!
How many animal rights activists do you know that are serving prison terms for speaking their minds/ Or WTO activists, who, in China, would have been shot dead on the street or murdered in prison for their activities. Even communists in the USA during the McCarthy era were very rarely imprisoned, to say nothing of executed, and that was over 50 years ago.
Oh, and yes, they are religious. That isn't a problem in China unless you want to impose your beliefs on others or convert people. Seems to me if Europe in the Middle Ages had that policy we could have avoided a great many atrocities!

Tell that to the Falun Gong, of which thousands have been arrested, and twelve leaders have been murdered in prison. Tell that to the leaders of the 750 churches closed down last year, simply because their pastors were not gov't approved.........and, many religions include witnessing for that religion to be a vital part of the faith.......

They have also suspended habeas corpus, started an illegal war, committed this centuries greatest war crimes, cut back hugely on their own citizens rights, etc...
I suppose if we had propaganda about this maybe you would of heard about these things

Well, 2 out of 4 ain't bad.....the concept of war being "legal" or "illegal" is simply ridiculous...........and this centuries greatest war crimes? I HOPE you mean in the last eight years.......you know, the 21st century, because if you mean in the last 100 years, you are living on a different planet. As for the greatest war crimes since 2001, I can't remember a SINGLE "war crime" not created in the fertile imagination of the brain-dead left.

Unless your a minority, immigrant or child. Also I don't think locking people up for life (including children) is any kinder than killing them.

What, they didn't have a jury? in China, they'd have put these kids down like dogs, no bother in trying to give them a fair trial..... And for crimes a LOT less serious than murder. I agree, if you're 13 and a lookout, life is a harsh sentence. If you are 16 and pull the trigger.....see ya. BTW.......you should ask the inmates if they'd rather face a noose......

That is very narrow minded and arrogant Colpy! Just because you think your system is better doesn't mean it is. The Chinese have had their civilization a whole hell of a lot longer than we have.

I don't THINK our system is superior....I KNOW it is superior.........we spent 800 years since Runnymeade developing a system that respects the rights of the individual.......
no civilization in history has made so many people so rich, and so free......because liberty not only frees the individual in his political or religious activities, it frees him to invent, to create, to imagine, to build, to innovate...........how many Nobel Prize winners in sciences from China? How many from the west? The Chinese are gaining power in the world because of their population......and the technology handed them from western hands......or stolen. 1000 Chinese spies to steal technology....in Canada alone.

So what? What would you do? Waste the organs and have innocent people die needlessly as a result?

EXCUSE ME?????!!!!!!!!!!

We have chain gangs too and you can hire prisoners for a few bucks a day - that's slavery

Sometinmes, in the USA, and it is usually volunteer, and they ALWAYS get paid. NOT slavery.

That would be because you don't know what your talking about.

You think you do which is very scary.

Listen, sonny, I've spent almost 40 years fascinated with politics, history, and the development of western civilization............I actually went to school and got a degree, a major in History, a minor in poly-sci, in which my GPA was 4.1.....and I've never stopped reading in the subject, and I sure as hell don't need insults from ignorant little pissants like yourself that are so ****ing spoiled by their priviledge that they don't even know how damned lucky they are.

THINK before you post.
Good advice. I think you should take it

I withdraw the request.

Until you grow up, pull your head out of your arse, and look around, thinking is an impossibility for you. Obviously.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Oh RIGHT!
How many animal rights activists do you know that are serving prison terms for speaking their minds/ Or WTO activists, who, in China, would have been shot dead on the street or murdered in prison for their activities. Even communists in the USA during the McCarthy era were very rarely imprisoned, to say nothing of executed, and that was over 50 years ago.

Tell that to the Falun Gong, of which thousands have been arrested, and twelve leaders have been murdered in prison. Tell that to the leaders of the 750 churches closed down last year, simply because their pastors were not gov't approved.........and, many religions include witnessing for that religion to be a vital part of the faith.......

Well, 2 out of 4 ain't bad.....the concept of war being "legal" or "illegal" is simply ridiculous...........and this centuries greatest war crimes? I HOPE you mean in the last eight years.......you know, the 21st century, because if you mean in the last 100 years, you are living on a different planet. As for the greatest war crimes since 2001, I can't remember a SINGLE "war crime" not created in the fertile imagination of the brain-dead left.

What, they didn't have a jury? in China, they'd have put these kids down like dogs, no bother in trying to give them a fair trial..... And for crimes a LOT less serious than murder. I agree, if you're 13 and a lookout, life is a harsh sentence. If you are 16 and pull the trigger.....see ya. BTW.......you should ask the inmates if they'd rather face a noose......​

And they drop baby girls on the side of the road in remote forests to die. Doesn't that just make you want to move to China?

I don't THINK our system is superior....I KNOW it is superior.........we spent 800 years since Runnymeade developing a system that respects the rights of the individual.......
no civilization in history has made so many people so rich, and so free......because liberty not only frees the individual in his political or religious activities, it frees him to invent, to create, to imagine, to build, to innovate...........how many Nobel Prize winners in sciences from China? How many from the west? The Chinese are gaining power in the world because of their population......and the technology handed them from western hands......or stolen. 1000 Chinese spies to steal technology....in Canada alone.​

Colpy,
I see you have been around for a long time, because I am reading back some of the very things I have set forth in earlier posts. How many Nobel Prizes has the US won compared with _____?

The Mexicans are gaining power in the world because of their population, certainly not because of any contributions they have made to anyone. Similar analogy.​

EXCUSE ME?????!!!!!!!!!!​

Sometinmes, in the USA, and it is usually volunteer, and they ALWAYS get paid. NOT slavery.​

Listen, sonny, I've spent almost 40 years fascinated with politics, history, and the development of western civilization............I actually went to school and got a degree, a major in History, a minor in poly-sci, in which my GPA was 4.1.....and I've never stopped reading in the subject, and I sure as hell don't need insults from ignorant little pissants like yourself that are so ****ing spoiled by their priviledge that they don't even know how damned lucky they are.​

Colpy,
Listen, doodle bug (pretend you understand this), I've spent almost 40 years fascinated with psychology, statistics and human development......I actually went to school and got a degree in psychology, a minor in statistics. I graduated valedictorian in high school and summa cum laude in college. I agree with you. Why? Based on our best friend's travels in China, and his home spun assessment. He has travelled for about 15 years, and his comment is: "I ain't lost nothing in China. I wanna go home to Texas where life ain't so cheap." I paraphrase.

Uncle

I withdraw the request.​

Until you grow up, pull your head out of your arse, and look around, thinking is an impossibility for you. Obviously.​

I always look forward to what you have to say. We may not agree 100%, but we bump a lot.