Hang 'emm high.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China National News
Thursday 10th April, 2008
(IANS)

Four inmates were executed Thursday in Japan, Justice Minister Kunio Hatoyama said, bringing the number of death penalties carried out there since December to 10.

The convicted murderers, aged 41 to 64, were hanged at prisons in Tokyo and Osaka, Hatoyama said.

The series of multiple executions over the past four months has been the biggest cluster to be carried out since Japan resumed executions in 1993.

The reason for the increase has been a rise in the number of death sentences, Japanese media reported.

Hatoyama, who must personally approve each execution, said he was only carrying out his duty.

He had paid attention to the interval between executions as little as he had the number of condemned men and would continue to do so, Hatoyama was quoted as saying by the Jiji Press news agency.

The human rights group Amnesty International criticised the executions, noting that executions in Japan were picking up amid a worldwide trend toward the abolition of the death penalty.

Japan, where another 104 prisoners sit on death row, is one of the few industrialised countries that still carry out executions.

Human rights organizations have criticised the practice and the secrecy surrounding the death penalty in Japan for years. Relatives only learn of the executions after they are carried out, and the inmates themselves are informed the morning of the executions, a few hours before their deaths.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Meh, oh well.... China executes, Iraq executes, Japan, the US, and many other countries still do.... who cares? I just don't see why any pressure is being applied at all. Kinda hypocritical for people protesting from countries which still do.

How about before we all gang up on the big evil communist country, that perhaps everybody should put some effort into what their own democratic countries (A country you might actually have a chance changing) will do in the future, whom still execute.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Praxius

Meh, oh well.... China executes, Iraq executes, Japan, the US, and many other countries still do.... who cares? I just don't see why any pressure is being applied at all. Kinda hypocritical for people protesting from countries which still do.

How about before we all gang up on the big evil communist country, that perhaps everybody should put some effort into what their own democratic countries (A country you might actually have a chance changing) will do in the future, whom still execute.
Don't know what you are trying to say Praxius .A reason for this post is to show that the death penalty should be in existence in all the countries in the world and used serial criminals .
Rehabilitate ?- a joke.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
One country in North America has for all intends and purposes created a penal industry...

Now where might one suppose so many people are incarcerated that it becomes a profitable industry?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
What I am saying is what occurs in China makes no difference to me. No matter how much I or anybody else bitches and moans about the "Evil" things that occur in China, it's not going to make a lickin difference. The people have very little power over what occurs over there and us moaning to the government isn't going to do anything.

This is also why I think these protests over the olympics are just plain stupidity. China doesn't communicate the way we do and us telling them what is right or wrong is just not going to get through. Same with us. We are two totally different cultures and used to two different methods of living. They can dictate to us about how out of control our people are, and we can dictate to them about human rights..... we both have reasons why we are the way we are. There are reasons why both ways of life have survived for so long as well.... because both work to a degree.

But towards executions, I am for them when it comes to extreme cases of people who pose a continual risk to the safety of the people within a country. I don't approve of executions when it's just to make examples out of people. Plenty of times innocent people are executed from botched or corrupted trials, or missing evidence until afterwards which could turn the whole story 180.

But when it comes to repeat offenders who have no remorse, show they will do it again if given the chance and/or see jail as a free ride through life with food and a roof over their head and a life or someone's safety means little in comparison, then pop one in their head and chuck them in the dumpster for the sea gulls.