Palis go shopping in Egypt

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Palestinians cross border into Egypt to shop

Gazans blow up Egypt border wall

Hundreds crossed the border after holes were made

Thousands of Palestinians have surged into Egypt from the Gaza Strip after masked militants blew several holes in a border wall.
Gazans rushed to buy food, fuel and other supplies that have become scarce because of an Israeli blockade - aimed at stopping rocket attacks from Gaza.

I really enjoyed my visit to this website. Comments from http://www.bangalorewithlove.com

What would the logic be in tearing down the border between Egypt and Palestine-Gaza? Remember, this isn't the wall Israel constructed between them and Palestine, this is a legal border between between Egypt and Palestine.

Durka

So is the message "we'll respect the legal border between Egypt and Palsetine...but we won't respect the democratically elected government of the Palesinian people..?

It's perfectly OK for Israel under the aegis of the United States to withold money from the Palestinian people because an election that was held didn't meet the approval of the west but it's important to preserve the "legitimacy" of national boundaries between states in the region? The mistake that was made back in 1947 is the root of every major difficulty in the Middle East and that malignancy has spread to Afghanistan and Iraq, Yemen and many other locations who are being swallowed up in the conflict. Whether "guilty" of participation in the theft of land from the Palestinians and the establishment of an oppressive occupying force, the reaction to these events has spread far and wide and will continue. What's so difficult to understand about the mess created by the British and the United States?

Mikey,

Kind of hard to respect or recognize an elected government that refuses to renounce violence and is openly hostile with Israeli allies?

Palestine is essentially 2 states now, most of the world has chosen who they will recognize as the government.

Hamas by allowing it's citizens to openly destroy a border is certainly not doing them selves any favours. They are just furthering the opinion held by most of the world that gaza is a lawless cesspool run by religious fanatics.

Mikey,

Kind of hard to respect or recognize an elected government that refuses to renounce violence and is openly hostile with Israeli allies?

Palestine is essentially 2 states now, most of the world has chosen who they will recognize as the government.

Hamas by allowing it's citizens to openly destroy a border is certainly not doing them selves any favours. They are just furthering the opinion held by most of the world that gaza is a lawless cesspool run by religious fanatics.

You got your lawless cesspool run by religious fanatics and the Palestinians mixed up Durka.
Of course if you could tell us that you would sit behind a wall and let your children starve to death and your familys go without water and medicine then I could understand you.

Durka

How much easier is it to respect a nation that invades and destroys a nation on the basis of a lie? How much easier is it to respect a nation that has a lengthy history of establishing oppressive dictatorships when that "new-regime" will grant concessions to American business interests....How much easier is it to respect a nation and a people that are prepared to exact far greater suffering and conflict on anyone else in the world than any Palestinian ever has....?

Palestinians carry goods as they return to the Gaza Strip after crossing into Egypt on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2008. (AP / Khalil Hamra)

Palestinians cross the border into Egypt after militants blew holes in the wall between the Gaza Strip and Egypt, in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2008. (AP Photo / Hatem Moussa)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080122/gaza_egypt_080123/20080123?hub=World

Tens of thousands of Palestinians streamed into Egypt Wednesday after masked gunmen destroyed a large section of a metal wall separating the Gaza Strip from the neighbouring country.

Gunmen knocked down about two-thirds of an 11-kilometre metal wall using heavy gunfire and bulldozers in the town of Rafah before dawn Wednesday.

Some Palestinians are using the opportunity to buy rice, flour and cigarettes -- items that are hard to come by because of an ongoing Israeli blockade of the territory.

CTV's Mideast Bureau Chief Janis Mackey Frayer said Egyptian officials are so far allowing the Palestinians to temporarily come into the country.

"There are still lots of people heading towards the border knowing that they have the opportunity to get across -- even for just a few hours," said Frayer.

She said Palestinians will cross back over because the majority won't want to find themselves trapped on the Egyptian side of the border.

Meanwhile, Frayer said Israel is worried about the border breach.

"There has long been a system of tunnels in place under the Gaza-Egypt border through which Israeli officials maintain weapons have been smuggled into the Gaza Strip," she said.

"There is the fear amongst security officials in Israel that they are able to now bring weapons back across because there is free flowing traffic across the border."

On Wednesday, Hamas, the ruling party in Gaza, expressed support for the situation.

"Blowing up the border wall with Egypt is a reflection of the ... catastrophic situation which the Palestinian people in Gaza are living through due to the blockade,'' Hamas said in a statement.

The incident comes on the sixth day of a full closure of Gaza's borders, which was imposed by Israel and supported by Egypt.

The complete closure was imposed following a surge in Gaza rocket attacks on Israeli border towns.

On Tuesday, Israel did allow a one-time delivery of fuel, medicine and other supplies.
"What Israeli officials are saying, though, is that this by no means signals a change in their policy," said Frayer.

"There is still a full closure on the Gaza Strip and they say that it will still remain as long as rockets are being fired into Israeli towns."
Israel will never friggin learn how to deal with this. This of course doesn't suprise me in the least, and I expect more walls in the future to be destroyed.... until Israel decides to attempt an air strike on the equipment and troops in Gaza doing this.

But when has that ever stopped them before? Never ending cycle.

Ah, I missed this and posted another thread with CTV information. My bad. But my comments are there.

What would the logic be in tearing down the border between Egypt and Palestine-Gaza? Remember, this isn't the wall Israel constructed between them and Palestine, this is a legal border between between Egypt and Palestine.

Because they need food and supplies and Egypts not the one blowing them up. It matters to Israel, because now they don't have them all caged up like they want.

Mikey,

Sounds familiar to a few other countries I know who don't renounce violence, but actually promotes it.... with a little slogan of freedom.

Perhaps to you who don't seem to know what's going on and why.

Sounds familiar to a few other countries I know who don't renounce violence, but actually promotes it.... with a little slogan of freedom.

Perhaps to you who don't seem to know what's going on and why.

Perhaps you are full or your self and need a reality check?

Because they need food and supplies and Egypts not the one blowing them up. It matters to Israel, because now they don't have them all caged up like they want.

You forgot weapons.

Egypt isn't blowing up the border probably for the reason that they don't want a stream of refugee's/militants flowing into their country?

Why does Israel necessarily care? I'm sure they would rather have them flow into Egypt opposed to Israel.

I really like the picture of the Palestinian hauling a TV back with him, that will certainly help the purported famine they are facing.

Perhaps you are full or your self and need a reality check?

Oh wow... such a great debatable response full of information that's just plum good for the soul there. :-?

If you want a reality check, perhaps you should step away from the computer and go outside. I don't need a reality check, because I am not justifying their actions of Kassam attacks... I'm just saying don't expect them to stop anytime soon so long as this same stupid approach keeps on going.

Perhaps next time you should stick to the comments and topics at hand, rather then stooping to the pathetic level of personal insults towards those who made the comments or topics.

K'thanks'bye.

You forgot weapons.

Egypt isn't blowing up the border probably for the reason that they don't want a stream of refugee's/militants flowing into their country?

That doesn't seem to mesh all that well considdering that Egypt is actually allowing them into their country to get the supplies they need and not forcing them back with pointed guns.

Why does Israel necessarily care? I'm sure they would rather have them flow into Egypt opposed to Israel.
Once again it's a bit more complicated then that.

Oh wow... such a great debatable response full of information that's just plum good for the soul there. :-?

If you want a reality check, perhaps you should step away from the computer and go outside. I don't need a reality check, because I am not justifying their actions of Kassam attacks... I'm just saying don't expect them to stop anytime soon so long as this same stupid approach keeps on going.

Perhaps next time you should stick to the comments and topics at hand, rather then stooping to the pathetic level of personal insults towards those who made the comments or topics.

K'thanks'bye.

Perhaps you seem to think of your self as the definitive source on what's going on there and you are quick to jump on anyone who disagrees with your view point?

That doesn't seem to mesh all that well considdering that Egypt is actually allowing them into their country to get the supplies they need and not forcing them back with pointed guns.

Once again it's a bit more complicated then that.

They don't have much of a choice considering this is a gaping whole in the border, short of shooting them all. If Egypt wanted them, the wall wouldn't have existed in the first place.

Yes, it is a very complicated situation that will only be solved by the destruction of the Jewish state. Correct?

I really like the picture of the Palestinian hauling a TV back with him, that will certainly help the purported famine they are facing.

Bad news, Dude.... Davey still hasn't turned the power back on....

Woof!

You forgot weapons.

Why bother? Be friendly to the citizens then Egypt can reclaim what is rightfully theirs anyhow....

Woof!

Perhaps you seem to think of your self as the definitive source on what's going on there and you are quick to jump on anyone who disagrees with your view point?

Attempting to keep it personal and not towards the topic again? I think you have a chronic illness.

When have I actually stated I disagree with anybody in this thread or any of their comments which relate to the topic at hand?

Oh that's right.... I didn't.

All I did was point out the hypocracy and nothing more. It's not my fault the comments I quoted in response were from you.

Am I "the definitive source on what's going on there" as you liked to put it? The obvious answer is no, nor did I ever claim to be. But I do seem to know more about what's going on over there then most in these forums.

It's a Tit for Tat situation where it's beyond pointing the finger at who started what and when, as both are responsible for their own actions. Nor do I promote either sides' military actions against one another..... but they're still at it, and both of these little kids of countries need a good friggin smack on the ass and a timeout.

But that's not going to happen, so what is an alternative solution?

I have a few, but I'm sick and tired of posting it from forum to forum I goto. It won't make a lick of difference, they'll continue along their war paths against one another until one pulls some drastic stunt and step up the weaponry and death tolls.

And I'm sure Bush, with his current track record, is the best person to be over there talking peace.... pssh.

But regardless and back on topic a bit.... Israel cut their power, water and food supplies. They got the militants to blow a hole through the wall, and apparently it was serious of a need for these supplies for such an amount of people to heard through this to get supplies on foot. I see no wrong doing in this act, because chances are there would be even further suffering and possible death which has been imposed by Israel by the blockades.

Like with Iraq, the Taliban in the mountains of Pakistan/Afghanistan, or anywhere else for that matter.... supression does not work and eventually negotiations will be required to end this matter.

Attempting to keep it personal and not towards the topic again? I think you have a chronic illness.

When have I actually stated I disagree with anybody in this thread or any of their comments which relate to the topic at hand?

Oh that's right.... I didn't.

All I did was point out the hypocracy and nothing more. It's not my fault the comments I quoted in response were from you.

Am I "the definitive source on what's going on there" as you liked to put it? The obvious answer is no, nor did I ever claim to be. But I do seem to know more about what's going on over there then most in these forums.

It's a Tit for Tat situation where it's beyond pointing the finger at who started what and when, as both are responsible for their own actions. Nor do I promote either sides' military actions against one another..... but they're still at it, and both of these little kids of countries need a good friggin smack on the ass and a timeout.

But that's not going to happen, so what is an alternative solution?

I have a few, but I'm sick and tired of posting it from forum to forum I goto. It won't make a lick of difference, they'll continue along their war paths against one another until one pulls some drastic stunt and step up the weaponry and death tolls.

And I'm sure Bush, with his current track record, is the best person to be over there talking peace.... pssh.

But regardless and back on topic a bit.... Israel cut their power, water and food supplies. They got the militants to blow a hole through the wall, and apparently it was serious of a need for these supplies for such an amount of people to heard through this to get supplies on foot. I see no wrong doing in this act, because chances are there would be even further suffering and possible death which has been imposed by Israel by the blockades.

Like with Iraq, the Taliban in the mountains of Pakistan/Afghanistan, or anywhere else for that matter.... supression does not work and eventually negotiations will be required to end this matter.

You did not point out my hypocrisy, you made it pretty clear that "Perhaps to you who don't seem to know what's going on and why." So get off your high horse and drop the superiority act, OK?

What exactly makes you "know what's going on over there" opposes to dullards like my self? Does reading "Global Research" make you an expert on that matter?

I don't promote either sides military actions either, Israel & Palestine have equal responsibility for the current mess there.

I'm no fan of Bush and he certainly isn't one to broker peace with anyone.

I don't have a solution for it, nor does anyone else for that matter. I would propose countries stop funding both of them and let nature take it's course.

I don't necessarily agree with collective punishment, but what does a country do when rockets are flowing in from a hostile neighbor? Israel's response could have been lot a nastier then it was.

Last edited by a moderator: