Shut Up (about) Chavez

Zzarchov
#121
Awesome!

Now once you learn what the word proportion means...

Actually don't bother learning, your response is priceless. The way you say it with such "a-ha! I am smarter than thou" is perfect. I nearly snorted coffee laughing.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#122
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7View Post

Chavez is the best leader in the world, he is saying a big ".G.o f.u..ck .you.r.." to the us-coorporations arrogance i would certainly give my life for a guy like that.

In canada they have politiciens who are ready to bend over for the US coorporation,where the people has absolutly no say,quite irronic, and most people here are talking chavez being a dictators, hilarious i should say.

He has done pretty nasty things, however he has done it for the poor(majority), where they had no id, no land no house, that is greath, with chavez, this is old story.

Just by seeing here, those who still think chavez is bad, and harper is nice, i can already see, what kind of people you are........

So thank you very much , darkbeaver to bring this to us.

I feel obliged on a humanitarian basis logic. No need to thank me. Thank-you Logic 7
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#123
I’ll be back Then again, this is just a skirmish in a very long battle. Chavez, even in defeat, emerges as the leader of a true democratic republic (even people in France are comparing him favorably with Bonapartist Nicolas Sarkozy). Chavez will take the package to Parliament approval and may call another referendum after 2010 (the new presidential election is in 2012). Washington also won’t quit. The CIA didn’t have to deploy Operation Pincer – at least for now.
As usual the CIA was relying on bad HUMINT: the agency was counting on a Yes victory by 57%, with 60% abstention. Anyway the US destabilization effort this time was way more subtle than in 2002 when, after the US and Spain-supported coup against the elected Chavez government, the local elites forced an oil industry shutdown in which US$ 10 billion of the Venezuelan economy went up in smoke.
Chavez remains so popular all across the developing world because he’s the man who spells out what everyone is thinking. Take, for instance, the recent OPEC summit in Riyadh, where he was side by side with another “devil”, Islamic revolutionary and Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad: “The empire of the dollar is crashing”. The next day, in Paris, after he discussed with Sarkozy his mediation in the Colombian hostages drama, he says that “Iran is a power and Venezuela is becoming one. We want to create a bipolar world. We don't want a single power.”
Most of all Chavez is so dangerous for Washington and right-wing comprador elites in Latin America because he is pushing, no holds barred, towards democratic socialism. For Washington and Wall Street elites this is way worse than the spectre of totalitarian communism branded throughout the Cold War. Everyone in Latin America remembers how Allende in the early 1970s was demonized as a Stalinist dictator by a CIA-funded propaganda campaign. But it was Henry Kissinger who got the whole point, when he told then President Nixon how Allende had to be taken out because he was such a bad example for the rest of the developing world. Chavez is the 21st century Allende. He has already survived a US-backed coup, in 2002. And he knows others – the sons of Operation Pincer - are in the works. Still, even if the Yes had won, he would not have as much institutional power as George Bush.
Meanwhile, expect the (red) devil to be routinely pillored by global corporate media. Of course there is crime, corruption and government waste in Venezuela – like anywhere else. But the most important point, from a global perspective, is to examine how the Chavez experiment evolves, as a trial-and-error revolutionary process, and if and how social justice is spreading.
According to the UN, in 2006 alone poverty in Venezuela fell from 37.1% to 30.2%. Extreme poverty fell from 15.9% to 9.9%. Venezuela is on the way to reach its first Millennium Development Goal. The No vote has not reversed what eminent US Latin American expert James Petras describes as “the most promising living experience of popular self-rule, of advanced social welfare and democratically based socialism.” The resistance – or micro-resistances, on individual and small collective levels – continues. That’s how the liliputians will eventually topple the neoliberal Gulliver. You cant’ beat a (red) devil that easily.
Pepe Escobar is the roving correspondent for Asia Times (www.atimes.com (external - login to view)). He's the author of Globalistan: How the Globalized World is Dissolving into Liquid War (Nimble Books, 2007). He may be reached at pepeasia@yahoo.com (external - login to view)

 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#124
``I nearly snorted coffee laughing.``


God punishes!
 
Said1
Free Thinker
#125
Was I dreaming, or was Chavez on Barbara Walters last night?
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#126
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmoyerView Post

Again we "pee-ons" are offerred the wisdom of false choices.

Why must it be the Capitalists in Nigeria, or the strutting pomp of a Venezuelan leader ?

Meet the new boss, just like the old boss ???

Won't be fooled again ???

Who? Jim moonbeam moyer
 
Toro
#127
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

Was I dreaming, or was Chavez on Barbara Walters last night?


Did he talk for 14 straight hours?
 
Said1
Free Thinker
#128
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Did he talk for 14 straight hours?

Oh, it happened. With editing it amounted to 6 minutes.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvkDaSJ23DRjs

 
darkbeaver
Republican
#129
He's avery entertaining speaker and a fair singer and he likes ice-cream and Kalishnikovs. That's my kind of Prime Minister.
 
s243a
#130
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

Oh, it happened. With editing it amounted to 6 minutes.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvkDaSJ23DRjs

Barbra makes Chaves seem way to nice. I think she's in love.
 
Said1
Free Thinker
#131
Quote: Originally Posted by s243aView Post

Barbra makes Chaves seem way to nice. I think she's in love.


She DID ask if he was single. He did say he had blood coursing through his veins.....no viagra for me, SI!
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#132
I should knit some booties.
 
s243a
#133
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

She DID ask if he was single. He did say he had blood coursing through his veins.....no viagra for me, SI!

Hmmm.....I wonder what went on before and after the show. I think deep down Barbra likes a strong man. Someone that guns down students for the love of their country.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#134
then she would adore imperialist Bush
 

Similar Threads

69
149
Shut Up about Iran
by JBeee | Jun 30th, 2009
28
Shut down Guantanamo Bay: UN
by Jersay | Feb 26th, 2006
no new posts