More immigrants must learn English

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=paMigrants_Sat_22_Brown_immigrants&show_article=1&catnum=2

Now there's a good common sense idea. Attaboy Gordo. Now they have to know what wanker means before moving to the U.K. ;-)

Seriously though, if I wanted to emigrate to a country where English was not their official language, wouldn't it behoove me to learn their native tongue before expecting or assuming (or demanding) that I'd be granted citizenship? I think maybe. Reps for Gordon Brown. Now if Canada and the U.S. would apply/enforce the same, we'd be getting somewhere.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=paMigrants_Sat_22_Brown_immigrants&show_article=1&catnum=2

Now there's a good common sense idea. Attaboy Gordo. Now they have to know what wanker means before moving to the U.K. ;-)

Seriously though, if I wanted to emigrate to a country where English was not their official language, wouldn't it behoove me to learn their native tongue before expecting or assuming (or demanding) that I'd be granted citizenship? I think maybe. Reps for Gordon Brown. Now if Canada and the U.S. would apply/enforce the same, we'd be getting somewhere.
To be honest...Although this is an excellent idea and all. I'ld rather they learned to leave the emotion irrational baggage at home, before immigrating.

I can deal with the language barrier, better then the demands of religous zealots and the cultural clashing that takes place between factions that inevitably end up in the same new lands.

Reactions: Locutus

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
We civil sevants, perhaps with a keener sense of how bureaucracy works, have a saying: If it makes sense, they won't do it.

Probably applies to all governments.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
To be honest...Although this is an excellent idea and all. I'ld rather they learned to leave the emotion irrational baggage at home, before immigrating.

I can deal with the language barrier, better then the demands of religous zealots and the cultural clashing that takes place between factions that inevitably end up in the same new lands.

Oh, I quite agree, Bear. I mean, is it too much to ask that they leave their 3rd world problems behind, or even check their own brand of racism at the door? Thanks to MultiCult, we now have racists in every colour. lovely, just f*cking lovely