Leader alQaeda in Iraq al-Masri killed

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Al Masri:

Reuters:
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, was killed on Tuesday in an internal fight between militants north of Baghdad, the Interior Ministry spokesman said.
Brigadier-General Abdul Kareem Khalaf told Reuters "we have definite intelligence reports that al Masri was killed today".
Another source in the ministry also said Masri had been killed. Khalaf said Iraqi and U.S. forces were not involved.
The U.S. military said it could not confirm the reports.
There has been increasing friction between Sunni Islamist al Qaeda and other Sunni Arab insurgent groups in Iraq, particularly over al Qaeda's indiscriminate killing of civilians.
Masri, an Egyptian, assumed the leadership of al Qaeda in Iraq after Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in a U.S. air strike in June 2006.
Iraqi officials have blamed al Qaeda in Iraq for destroying a holy Shi'ite shrine in Samarra a year ago, an act that unleashed a surge in sectarian bloodletting that has driven Iraq closer to all-out civil war.
The U.S. military has described Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, as a close Zarqawi associate. Washington has a $5 million bounty on Masri's head. http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL0169719520070501

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Al Masri:

Reuters:
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, was killed on Tuesday in an internal fight between militants north of Baghdad, the Interior Ministry spokesman said.
Brigadier-General Abdul Kareem Khalaf told Reuters "we have definite intelligence reports that al Masri was killed today".

WOW , he is dead, now we are safe, wow thankx to the "coalition of chicken".

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
WOW , he is dead, now we are safe, wow thankx to the "coalition of chicken".

Read the article before you spout off. He was killed by Sunni's who are sick and tired of foreign Al Queda elements setting off bombs in every market place and mosque trying to "liberate" them from Americans.

Al Queda has killed far too many Sunni sheiks and Sunnis and have worn out their welcome.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
He's been reported as killed twice already. He must be one tough terrorist. You can't believe anything Americans tell you anyway.

That doesnt even surprise me, those though terrorist , some of them, can't even use a rifle, hilirious i should say.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Actually an Iraqi news source was reporting this to the U.S. press - who are holding off until it is officially confirmed.

Some of the U.K. papers and perhaps other media which I don't know about are putting out the information too.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Al-masri killed …Again[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial] Roads to Iraq[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]May 1, 2007

First of all, don’t believe all this crap about Al-masri, because he is alive in a jail in Egypt, Egyptian government moved him into another prison and keep in isolation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]This is the third time the "Green Zone" government announces that Al-Masri killed, the first one was Oct. 6, second in Feb. 7.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]The "Green Zone" announced that they will show his body of TV in the coming few hours even after the they said that he was killed in an internal fight, a group linked to Al-qaeda [Iraq Islamic Government] denies the death of Al-masri.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]My take[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]The reality is there is no Al-masri, the Iraqis insist every time that he is dead or killed, and the US denies the news, this scenario repeated again and again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]The "Green Zone" government means the myth behind Al-masri is killed, but the US wants to keep this fictional boogieman for coming few months or years [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial] [FONT=Verdana,Arial] :: Article nr. 32553 sent on 02-may-2007 00:41 ECT
[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]www.uruknet.info?p=32553

:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]​

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Hmmm.. I've read a few articles and seen a few things on TV lately which would indicate that a lot of the folks in Iraq fully believe that someone neither Sunni nor Shi'a is behind certain attacks which seemed to have been designed to simply precipitate "sectarian violence"

It wouldn't surprise me.

Oh and the corner was turned when "Abu Musab Al'Zarquawi" was killed, how this second-rate boogeymans death will make any difference is beyond me...

OH and I just realized, maybe sometime soon it'll be safe to call it a full-blown civil war without upsetting the U.S.