A birthday visit by the Queen Elizabeth

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
QUEBEC — A suggestion the Queen should be invited to Quebec City's 400th anniversary birthday bash next year has created an uproar in the province. Open-line radio and television shows were swamped yesterday with calls opposing the idea, the majority of people saying it would be an insult to Quebeckers and put the “Quebec nation to shame.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...760850&brand=theglobeandmail&force_login=true

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII would just love that she would come, would be so much fun to throw her some rocks.....

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
I find myself mildly offended at your slandering of Her Majesty's name in your title. You may not agree with the Canadian monarchy, and that is certainly up to you, but she is still our Head of State and deserves at least the minimum of respect for that alone.

If you find yourself offended, that is your problem, however she deserves no respect at all, period.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
You are a sick little twit. You deserve to be padlocked to a post and birched. And given the treatment again in an hour.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
If you find yourself offended, that is your problem, however she deserves no respect at all, period.

An easy statement. Why does she not deserve the respect due to her office? I don't care about her personally, but as the Head of State why does she not deserve even the modicum of respect due any Head of State? You display your ignorance with such statements, and you do not present a valid reason for them. Should we keep the monarchy in this country? That is a separate and different discussion. But at present, we do have the monarch, and it is our obligation to respect those symbols of our government that unites us as a people.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I'm furthest from being a fan of the Queen. I hate her on our money and I hate that it costs us a fortune whenever she decides to come here. BUT, she is on our money and she sometimes wants to come here. It's her right, regardless of our "independence" from Britian, we still have a responsibility to them. We certainly shouldn't be calling her a bitch, we should be grateful that one of your daily dollars doesn't go to her. (one dollar from every Great Britian citizen goes to her each day)

Besides it's not like that ghastly, horsefaced, Diana killer is coming. Yeck.

Be grateful, I'd rather have the Queen as our head of state than that useless George Bush piece of crap.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...760850&brand=theglobeandmail&force_login=true
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII would just love that she would come, would be so much fun to throw her some rocks.....

You are a sick little twit. You deserve to be padlocked to a post and birched. And given the treatment again in an hour.

You two really love the violent option don't you? you should hook up and beat the crap out of people together. you could make the world a better place

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Herman, indeed we would. What are principles if you're not willing to back them up? Talk's cheap and for most folks better than a piece of pie.
Toro, what are you bullin' about now?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
you're right tamarin, talk IS cheap. But where does it say we should sort our problems out in an expensive way? Punching someone in the head way well express your discontent, but it doesn't explain your reasons or suggest an alternate course of action which might be more acceptable.

In other words, violence is NOT constructive, communication is.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
It's not terribly effective, mostly because people aren't encouraged to communicate, but rather taught that they can try for a while but when they get annoyed they should punch each other.

I'm not holding communication up as a cure-all, but I do think it's rather more effective than punching

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
What are words but words? Delivery and conviction might plump them up a bit but they're still words. In the end, what matters is results. Communication is terrific...if it works.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
words are ideas, cocncepts, philosophies, feelings. If you can get the other participant to understand your ideas your concepts, philosophies and feelings, they might understand your actions, maybe even change their own ideas.

If you feel words mean nothing, why do you constantly spout them in here, telling people that the best thing for them to do is beat people?