UK Muslims Integrating Better than Portrayed

Toro

Senate Member
Don't panic! UK Muslims are integrating better than often portrayed

Written by Alex Singleton
Sunday, 15 April 2007

A new Gallup Poll to be published on Wednesday suggests that the effectiveness of Muslim integration in the UK is very significantly higher than is often portrayed in the lowbrow end of the British press, who point to extreme elements who do not represent the silent majority of British Muslims. According to the Manchester Evening News website:

Nearly three-quarters of British Muslims feel loyal to the UK and 82% say they respect other religions, the Gallup survey found...

The poll found the population at large was more likely to prefer living in a neighbourhood made up mostly of people who shared their religious or ethnic background (35%) than Muslims were (25%).

Muslims were also more likely than the general public to express confidence in the police (78% vs 69%), the national Government (64% vs 36%), the judicial system (67% vs 55%) and elections (73% vs 60%).

Of the Muslims polled, 57% said they identified strongly with their country, compared with 48% of the British public.

No doubt opponents of immigration will dispute the poll findings on Wednesday, but this is encouraging and helps add some perspective to the debate.

http://www.globalisationinstitute.org/blog...d-200704151071/

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It has some good news...until the next poll. At least this one offers some sunlight and that's encouraging. To their credit, most Muslim families seem stronger than their neighbours and their emphasis on the importance of education can't be faulted.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Antecedent?

eh?...bollocks (rubbish, trash...although bollocks do refer to a man's testicles) yeah, they're integrating incredibly well....lol you tell that to my friend Richard Ellery.....oh wait...you cant....3 home-grown muslim nutters murdered him on the London underground.

Besides, come to Southampton, I wouldnt call a pissin great big Mmosque in the centre of town integration....I'd call that "trying to force Islam down our throats"....they do that all over the world....ask a Hindu Indian.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Just Muslims? There aren't any Jewish temples, JW halls, etc. anywhere else but where they originated? No Christian churches in Africa, East Asia, etc.? Odd. I'm pretty sure we have a Buddhist temple here in Nelson. It isn't even an ugly building.
Perhaps everyone that doesn't practise native religions should get out of North America.
We all know that Christians never kill anyone and never have.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Just Muslims? There aren't any Jewish temples, JW halls, etc. anywhere else but where they originated? No Christian churches in Africa, East Asia, etc.? Odd. I'm pretty sure we have a Buddhist temple here in Nelson. It isn't even an ugly building.
Perhaps everyone that doesn't practise native religions should get out of North America.
We all know that Christians never kill anyone and never have.

Semantics Gilbert....I am aware of the countless millions killed in the name of Christianity, I am also aware these events took place at an age of christianity that is similar to that of Islam now.....BUT, how many BUDDHIST train bombers do YOU know?...and actually, members of the Jewish faith have integrated incredibly well here in the UK (despite the laws we passed against them over the years...unlike Muslims who have had the way paved virtually all the way in comparison).
ISLAM is and always has been a Violent religion, from it's very outset, whereas christianity isnt...it's like Ghandi said "I like your jesus....it's followers however are not like him"

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It's obvious on this issue as so much in the West the war is being fought with propaganda. Whom do you believe? I prefer the anecdotal over a crew of gumballs doing surveys by phone and led by a boss who's usually being paid by an organization with an agenda.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Semantics Gilbert....I am aware of the countless millions killed in the name of Christianity, I am also aware these events took place at an age of christianity that is similar to that of Islam now.....BUT, how many BUDDHIST train bombers do YOU know?...and actually, members of the Jewish faith have integrated incredibly well here in the UK (despite the laws we passed against them over the years...unlike Muslims who have had the way paved virtually all the way in comparison).
ISLAM is and always has been a Violent religion, from it's very outset, whereas christianity isnt...it's like Ghandi said "I like your jesus....it's followers however are not like him"
Sorry, Daz. I can't believe every Muslim is violent. You know 3 violent ones in the UK. How many Muslims in total are there in the UK? 10s of thousands? 3 out of 10s of thousands is a pretty small percentage. Do they all kill in the name of their religion? Or are they like everyone else in that they kill for a variety of reasons like greed, lust, etc.? Would a Martian kill because it's a Martian or would it kill because someone pointed something at it? I'm an atheist; if someone pissed me off enough, would I kill him because I'm atheist or because he pissed me off?

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Sorry, Daz. I can't believe every Muslim is violent. You know 3 violent ones in the UK. How many Muslims in total are there in the UK? 10s of thousands? 3 out of 10s of thousands is a pretty small percentage. Do they all kill in the name of their religion? Or are they like everyone else in that they kill for a variety of reasons like greed, lust, etc.? Would a Martian kill because it's a Martian or would it kill because someone pointed something at it? I'm an atheist; if someone pissed me off enough, would I kill him because I'm atheist or because he pissed me off?
I dont beleive every muslim is violent....far from it, I know many decent upstanding muslims....but the fact is, Islam was formed out of war-like barbarism and while the fanatics have a twisted view of what the Qu'ran says, who's to say they are wrong?
Daz