Iran Is A Liar

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Iran Is A Liar

The war between Islam and the West started on November 4, 1979, not September 11, 2001.

The Iran hostage crisis was a diplomatic crisis that lasted from November 4, 1979, through January 20, 1981. Members of the Muslim Student Followers of the Imam's Line, a group of militant university students who were supported by the new Islamic regime, held 63 diplomats and three additional U.S. citizens hostage inside the American diplomatic mission in Tehran, Iran.

This was an act of war in that a (purportedly) legitimate government not only allowed an act of aggression on US Soil (the Embassy), but provided support and approval. Sadly, we had a spineless coward acting as President of the United States. He fretted, dithered and negotiated for over 360 days. He attempted a half-assed, Entebe style raid that got American servicemen killed and gave the Iranians more propaganda to use. Then the American people threw his sorry ass out of office and replaced him with a man.

Iran was never really punished for this insult. Reagan had his hands full with the real threat of the USSR, and couldn't find the time to waste on a pack of third-world losers like the Iranians. Very few members of what would come to be called the "Punditocracy" saw Islam as more than one wrinkle in the problem of global oil supply. OPEC had power, certainly, but they were businessmen, after all.

Here we are twenty years on and some things have changed, while some remain exactly the same. Iran, unfazed by weak sanctions and unconcerned with American opinion has once again taken hostages. I know, they claim the fifteen British sailors and marines were in Iranian waters. I have to say something that will shock you: Iran is a liar. Their psychotic president (who participated in the first Hostage Crisis) has lied about the Holocaust, he has lied about Iran's support for Iraqi insurgents, and he has lied about Iran's nuclear program. He's not a very good liar. Even through the sympathetic filter of the American media his lies are obvious and pretty darn lame.

I'll let you be the judge. See if you can spot the incongruity in this "confession".

The third letter in three days in the name of Leading Seaman Turney, 26, stressed that the British detainees were being better treated than Iraqis held by the coalition. "I am writing to you as a British serviceperson who has been sent to Iraq, sacrificed due to the intervening policies of the Bush and Blair governments," the letter said."Whereas we hear and see on the news the way that prisoners were treated in Abu Ghraib and other Iraqi jails by the British and American personnel, I have received total respect and faced no harm. It is now our time to ask our government to make a change to its oppressive behaviour towards other people."
I ask you, does this sound like it was written by someone whose first language is English? To me it sounds more like the "confession" letters of US pilots provided by the North Vietnamese. In other words, a lie.
The British say their people were in Iraqi waters. We know the Iranians are bald-faced liars with provocation and prestige in mind. Who are you going to believe?

Where is the outrage in the US Congress? I thought the Brits were our allies. Or are they just allies of Republican Americans? Where is NATO? Britain is a member, and it's been attacked. How about the European Union? One of it's members has been attacked. What about the U.N....oh never mind. They're busy raping 13 year-olds in the Congo.
When Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands, trying to claim real estate that Great Britain had held since before their was an Argentina, Britain had a leader with more balls than Jimmy Carter, and she was a woman. Britain is facing it's own Iranian Hostage Crisis now.
I fear for the Free World.

UPDATE:
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's ambassador to Russia renewed a threat Iranian officials made earlier this week, saying 15 British sailors held by Iran could be tried for violating international law, Iran's state news agency IRNA reported Saturday.
Gholam-Reza Ansari told Russian television Vesti-24 on Friday that Iran had launched a legal investigation of the British sailors. "They will be tried if there is enough evidence of guilt," Ansari was quoted by IRNA as saying.
[/FONT]Tried where? In an Iranian Sharia court? The Hague? What guilt? Will they be cutting off limbs? Beheading British citizens? Stoning them to death?
Iran is begging for a mushroom cloud. I'd settle for carpet bombing, starting with their only petroleum refining facility.
These pricks have stepped over the line.

http://anti-strib.blogspot.com/

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
let's face it....what's Iran's usual solution if they get a bit worried?...they go and take a few western hostages......not entirely unusual of them.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
So it picks on British Troops?

I suppose it's worried about what the US may do to them...whereas they obviously see Britain as old inept and incapable of doing anything. The only thing that annoys me about this situation is the EU....if a country...say Iran, decided to take citizens of say...Nebraska...wouldnt the whole Union fall in on them?

This is where the EU falls down. It's ok for each country to have it's sovereignty taken away with Millions flooding in destroying ecconamies...but heaven help them if they need any military help.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I suspect Iran considers the UK less likely to escalate than the US. I see no evidence which proves either side's claims about where the soldiers were.

Here is another Iranian diplomat abduction mystery:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/06/AR2007020600186.html
Iranians think the US was behind this disappearance.

As well as this better known abduction:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_attack_on_Iranian_liaison_office_in_Arbil

Many people know Iranian students seized the US embassy but does anyone know the conditions for their release?