Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
haaretz.com/hasen/spages/842071.html

Last update - 17:03 26/03/2007

Iran: If U.S. starts war with us, it won't be the one that finishes

By Reuters

A senior Iranian military official warned the United States against launching any attack on the Islamic Republic, a news agency reported on Monday, two days after the United Nations imposed new sanctions on Iran.

"If America starts a war against Iran, it won't be the one who finishes it," Morteza Saffari, naval forces commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards, was quoted as saying by the ISNA news agency.

"Our people will not even allow one American soldier to enter our country," Saffari said.

International tension over Iran's disputed nuclear program
has risen in recent days, sending oil and gold prices higher. The West suspects Iran is seeking to make atom bombs, a charge Tehran denies.

Iran said on Sunday it would limit cooperation with the UN's nuclear watchdog and vowed not to halt its atomic
program "even for one second" after the Security Council voted to impose new arms and financial sanctions on Tehran.

On Friday, Iran's Revolutionary Guards seized 15 British navy personnel in the Gulf, sparking a diplomatic crisis.

The United States, which is leading efforts to isolate Iran over its nuclear ambitions, has said it prefers a diplomatic solution to the crisis but has not ruled out military options.

"We have the spirit of resistance and this is a factor to stop [them] Saffari said. "Our nation's unity and martyrdom-seeking spirit with God's help is always a guarantee for the Islamic Iran's resistance."

Iran to grant access to British detainees
Iran will grant British diplomats access to the 15 British detainees in Tehran, state-television IRIB reported Monday.

The British detainees had reportedly been held so far in a secret place where even British diplomats had no access. IRIB further quoted Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki as denying speculations over Iran's intention to exchange the British detainees with Iranian diplomats arrested by the United States in Iraq.

Mottaki further said in a press conference in New York that the charge against the British sailors arrested in Iran is illegal entry into Iranian waters. Some press reports had said the marines would be charged with espionage. Mottaki added that the issue is being currently under legal examination without giving any further details.

Foreign Ministry General Director Rahim Pour had on Sunday told British Ambassador to Tehran, Geoffrey Adams, that all 15 British detainees in Tehran were in good health.

The Iranian official added that despite the Persian New Year holidays (until April 2), relevant Iranian officials were following the issue. He added that Iran has constantly tried to show restraint in border conflicts but "violation [of Iranian territory] and contradictory remarks by relevant British officials have caused some reactions within [Iranian] people and officials."

"Therefore, such suspicious moves require accurate and documented investigations," the Foreign Ministry official said. The tone from Tehran on Sunday was considered by observers as softer than in the first 48 hours following the arrest of the British service people in the Persian Gulf, indicating that Iran was looking for a way to settle the issue without further escalating the crisis.

Related articles

Iran says will limit cooperation with IAEA in wake of sanctions
Ahmadinejad cancels N.Y. trip, UN Security Council address

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
My my that tiny little man stamping his wee foot....

Do they have anger management or twelve step programs in Iran?

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Do you remember the Iran Revolution of 1979? Do you remember the details about the Shah? This little man's little foot could stir up a big pot that we really don't want. I am more concerned that Israel will attack Iran. Don't forget if Iran is attacked the ME will blow because many others will join them and that would be ugly.

If everybody can keep their cool they will return the British soldiers like they have done before and this will be over.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Sparrow

Amen to that - this little man may have the backing of more unnamed participants too.

I think the ME will never be settled amicably until Israel is destroyed or deserted by its people.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Isn't Israel another "little man" stamping its feet across the face of the planet since 1945?

Is deprecating the Iranian nation and its people part of American foreign policy even in the hearts of individual Americans....

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
How many aircraft carrier task forces does Iran have? Once we have that number in we can assess the likelihood of American or British defeat in any contretemps that might occur.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Mikey

Wasn't Israel awarded the land they now occupy - other than what they have taken additionally in aggression and fighting?

It wasn't something they invaded on their own terms.

But let's not tangle up in historical record eh?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Tamarin

Only the Untied States has any carrier fleet worth mentioning....no one else has the money to spend on "defending" their nation against invisible WMD and the 'potential' that anyone other than the U.S. has a "right" to nuclear weapons...

The bully that's been carrying that "big stick" has been the United States and only the United States for decades....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
That wasn't the question/observation Curio.... Hasn't Israel been the focus of the worlds attention far longer and with much greater impact on the world than Iran has....

Simple enough question here Curio...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
How many Iranians are there....how many Israelis are there....

Who's the little man stamping his feet.....

C'mon Curio you can figure it out...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tamarin

These little fellas emerge when the U.S. is down but not out - brandishing their spoons - threatening - hoping to stir up enmity and deflection from the real problems....

Iran is a tiny mouthpiece for many nations in the ME who wish to maintain diplomatic ties with the U.S. for now - letting the clown take the eyes off their dealings.

These nations probably have some agreement with many of the South and Central American nations who have the advantage of closer proximity to the land they savor conquering...or at least overtaking with their new world order.... which I think is a chile in every pot...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Curiosity

So you've taken off your tin-foil hat and discovered that there are clandestine associations between nations in South America...Central America....and the Middle East....

Are you familiar with the word paranoia....

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Again Mikey

I understand the League of Nations relocated the Jews to be Israelis to that portion of the Middle East to live in peace - their neighbors never allowing it since it was born from the sand.

I don't understand your interpretation - but then I have never been strong on history.

Where do you suggest they get transported next?

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
If Iran is such a joke as seems to be the suggestion, how is it that the country is presented as so "dangerous" and somthing that "needs to be bombed into submission"??

I don't get how Iran can be an insignificant nothing AND the MAJOR threat all at once

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
My my that tiny little man stamping his wee foot....

Do they have anger management or twelve step programs in Iran?

The quote I've provided above...is your writing isn't it?

Isn't the idea you're presenting here that Iran is the little man stamping his foot?

I'm simply pointing out to you that long before the United States decided to demonize Iran...Israel has been manipulating the U.N. through its proxy agent...the United States...to sculpt relationships and economics in the Middle East...

My observation is that it's likely more appropriate to look at Israel as the "little man stamping his feet" than Iran or any of its people/politicians...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Mabudon

It's actually a step-dance with America both playing the fiddle and paying the piper at the behest of its real government.....Jerusalem.