earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Now this is a mistake:

Blair: Iran must free naval prisoners in days

By Christopher Hope, Whitehall Editor

Last Updated: 12:01am BST 26/03/2007

Intelligence assets listen in to Teheran
Leader: Britain must leave Iran in no doubt of its anger Tony Blair warned Iran last night that it has only a few days to find a diplomatic solution to the escalating crisis over the 15 missing British sailors and Marines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2007/03/26/wiran26.xml

And if Iran refuses?

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
This is how you deal with folk like that. Britain could still put a full blockade of Iranian ports with or without US assistance. Full invasion may be out. But would not put it past the abilities of the SAS to pull of a snatch and run. Seizure of Iranian assets. Removal of British petro-chemical experts, expulsion of Iranian nationals and diplomats. Many things short of all out war.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Now this is a mistake:

And if Iran refuses?

Well thats kinda obvious, If Britain kidnaps the Iranian President and Ayatollah and refused to give them up, what would Iran do?

Its not a question is a "no Ship sherlock". You pick a fight, you get a fight.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
A real ultimatum would be threatening to strike at Iran’s nuclear facilities if the hostages arn't released.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
yeah Tony Blair is under pressure in 2 conflicting ways:

1) avoid war at all costs

2) get the troops back at all costs.

Thats is what he has to fight between.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
yeah Tony Blair is under pressure in 2 conflicting ways:

1) avoid war at all costs

2) get the troops back at all costs.

Thats is what he has to fight between.

The peacenicks don't see the conflict..to them, kissing Ahmadinnerjackets' hairy ass is a perfectly acceptable and indeed preferred method of conflict resolution.

I mean, gosh..we already made them mad with 300, don't want to push them any farther...:roll:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I don't know, having much of the Western military action taking place on either side of your country- if the neighbors on either side of me were getting the HELL smashed outta them by the folks across the street for highly dubious, fluid "reasons" , I would likely start to get a bit apprehensive about the folks across the street- might even feel justified in planning what I might do when they come for me...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh, that's easy, "wipe them off the map". :roll:
I'll second that...

Northboy

Electoral Member
This is not the US you're talking about.

I remember all the "commentators" and others who thought they were informed laughing and saying the same thing when Argentina thought they'd have a go at Britain over the Falklands....

Iran dismisses Britain's request?? I'm afraid you will all get a lesson in National Will, British style...

As usual, God will side with Britain...If you laugh, you better study your history....

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
So if this is an ultimatum, why doesn't it have an ultimatum's wording? A precise day, a precise hour? Looks like Tony is fudging.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
~~Looks like Tony is fudging.~~

While none of the pro war types are calling him cut-and-run, Blair has been under immense pressure at home for his endless lies and for butt wiping Bush. It's no secret why he's withdrawing from Iraq: the British are tired of his lies and unless he can prove his case in this present matter, he will not get any support at home nor anywhere else for any new war plans.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
earth_as_one said:
I think most people missed your point. A couple of months ago, the US raided the Iranian consulate in Iraq and abducted six Iranian diplomats. Holding diplomats "hostage" violates internaitonal laws.

Whereas if Iran can prove the soldiers its holds were actaully in Iranian waters, then they have a legal right to detain them.

One further point is the lack of accountability on the part of Bush for his illegal actions. The Blair regime will soon end for his lies as the British demand accountability from their pols. It is time to hold Bush to an equal account.