Indo-Iran gas pipeline will go ahead

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Indo-Iran gas pipeline will go ahead despite U.S. objections: Indian FM TEHRAN, March 26 (MNA) – Indian Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee signaled Monday that New Delhi intends to go ahead with a multi-billion-dollar gas pipeline from Iran via Pakistan despite objections from the United States. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Talks on this pipeline are going on. When I was in Iran, I had categorically mentioned that we are interested in having this pipeline," Mukherjee said in an interview with the NDTV news network.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Now negotiations are going on about the prices," said the minister as carried by AFP news agency. The Indian top diplomat made a two-day visit to Tehran last month.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When asked whether the deal is on despite what the U.S. says, the minister answered: “That is exactly the position.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oil Minister Murli Deora also said last week that India was committed to the project.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The remarks come after a visit to India by U.S. Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman, who has urged New Delhi to drop the plan.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Talks on the proposed 7.4-billion-dollar project began in 1994 but stalled due to tensions between rivals Pakistan and India but the discussions gathered momentum after the launch of a peace process between them in 2004.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]India and Pakistan have said they want to go ahead with the 2,600- kilometer (1,600-mile) Iranian pipeline project as they need energy to fuel economic growth.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iran plans to lay a pipeline from the giant South Pars gas field to carry 90 million standard cubic meters per day of gas.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MS/MS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]END[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MNA [/FONT]

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
The US think they have a right to control everything. They will keep trying to put a monkey wrench in the works because they hate Iran. Please remark I said hate not afraid like they are trying to convience the rest of the world.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Didn't word that right. The US is not afraid of Iran but they want the rest of the world to be afraid so that we will support them when and if they decide to do a pre-emptive strike.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I doubt even the US government is crazy enough to believe anyone will support them in ANOTHER war. except westmanguy who will both support and not support them.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Iran has resources deals with China, Russia, and now India. While Bush, B_liar, and Israel hate Tehran, Iran has many allies and friends throughout the world.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I realy hope the wars stop and nobody else has to die, but the plans for conquest are old and the machine has no reverse gear and the people who control it are greedy heartless bastards.:-(

Reactions: gopher