The Language of Parrots

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]The language of Parrots.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial] Layla Anwar, An Arab Woman Blues[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]February 28, 2007

Some years ago, I read a beautiful Sufi treatise by Farradin'Attar entitled "Conference of the Birds".
Like all powerful Sufi stories, this one stayed with me.
The story, an allegory, is basically about a flock of different kinds of birds wanting to meet the Simorgh. The Simorgh being none other than the "highest" Bird.
After a lengthy and torturous travel route, only a few made it to the Simorgh.
Many gave up half way. Some got stuck in their own stories, others just dropped out from sheer exhaustion and others were afraid to venture beyond...
But only those that were earnestly seeking to meet Him, managed to make it and reached their final destination.
Of course, Farradin'Attar in his brilliant way, meant the Simorgh as a metaphor for Truth.

Now, I have been receiving tons of mail, from all kinds of people...
I assume they too are searching for the Truth.
But like some of the birds in the Sufi tale, they are stuck.

Some write to me with the same old verbiage, regurgitated about a thousand times...
And it goes like this:" I am anti-occupation, but...Saddam was an Imperialist thug"..."I am against what is happening but you see, you have to understand, that Saddam was a tyrant"..."I really don't like this, but frankly you guys brought it onto yourselves...after all he was a dictator"..." It is all because of him...he was nothing but a traitor"..." He was a CIA/Zionist...yeah that's him"...

Some are slightly more sophisticated. They use "important" terminology.
Like big impressive words and get their nickers in a twist with detailed analysis that amounts to nothing really. Others are plain obnoxious...

But none of the above actually bother me ...I see them for what they are.
Either a very ignorant bunch, or people who can't be bothered to think for themselves and opt instead for ready made slogans and that is so much easier, I do concede that.
And some are simply too "basic" to articulate ...
In the past, this would anger me. Then it irritated me. Now I simply don't care.

I have studied closely what is happening to Iraq - too closely, for comfort.
I know who the main players are. I know what the long term plan is. I know what the regional interests are all about...And more importantly, I am made of the "same mud" and "some things" you just know. Informed comment or no informed comment, with and without Empire analysis...

And I know enough about human psychology to realize how power plays, influence and coercion, manipulation and outright deceit work...

I like details but I prefer the end result. I like to see the trees, but I prefer gazing at the forest.
I, in fact, like to see the bigger picture. And for that, one needs to fly high above.

You see, am a bird too... and I love soaring...
And during one of my flights, this is what I saw:

That an imperialist thug would not voluntarily walk to the gallows when he had a chance for a compromise with his predators...
That a dictator who cares about Unity is no longer a dictator...
That a tyrant would save his backside. He could become another Pinochet or a Shah in exile...
That a traitor would not have men loyal to (his) similar ideals still fight the Occupation, sacrificing their families, their future, their lives ....in the same manner that he did.
That a CIA/Zionist who wants the blessings of Israel, would still be alive now and running the show...Just look at the majority of the other Arab leaders.

I also saw that Freedom with no dignity is worthless...That democracy with no voice is an empty corrupt word...That love with no commitment is cheap...
And, that parrots look good on the outside. They have a colorful and exotic plumage...but their language is ....oh well....you know...only slogans.
And like in the Conference of the Birds, the parrots kept talking to themselves whilst other birds reached the Simorgh...

Moral of the story: Parrots are just what they are...parrots.Teach them a few words and know that you have owned them for life.

Painting: Iraqi kurdish artist Serwan Baran.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial] [FONT=Verdana,Arial] :: Article nr. 31015 sent on 28-feb-2007 06:11 ECT
[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]www.uruknet.info?p=31015

:: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Uruknet .
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]