Bush/Cheney hypocrits?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Are Bush and Cheney complete hypocrits.

The current U.S. administration has no qualms about sending young men and women into combat, where thousands have died and tens of thousands have been seriously wounded. Because of IEDs, there are many with Traumatic Brain Injuries(over 7500) who will be significantly disabled for life.

However when it was their time to serve they turned their back on America. Bush hid out in the Texas National Guard, where by his own admission he spent his time "with my ass semi-permanently attached to a barstool". He wasn't even able to meet his commitment to the Guard and lost his flight statis after he tested positive for cocaine use.

Cheney got a total of five- yes count them, five -draft deferments.

Does this make them the most hypocritcal leaders in U.S. history?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Couldn't send him off, his future contribution to world peace was too important.

I like what Prince Whathisface is doing, going to Iraq. Good on him to walk the walk.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Are Bush and Cheney complete hypocrits.

The current U.S. administration has no qualms about sending young men and women into combat, where thousands have died and tens of thousands have been seriously wounded. Because of IEDs, there are many with Traumatic Brain Injuries(over 7500) who will be significantly disabled for life.

However when it was their time to serve they turned their back on America. Bush hid out in the Texas National Guard, where by his own admission he spent his time "with my ass semi-permanently attached to a barstool". He wasn't even able to meet his commitment to the Guard and lost his flight statis after he tested positive for cocaine use.

Cheney got a total of five- yes count them, five -draft deferments.

Does this make them the most hypocritcal leaders in U.S. history?
To paraphrase #juan...
The are few names that come to mind when I think of these two, hypocrit isn't the first.
Couldn't send him off, his future contribution to world peace was too important.
rotflffao!!!
I like what Prince Whathisface is doing, going to Iraq. Good on him to walk the walk.
While his old man can only talk the talk.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
To paraphrase #juan...
The are few names that come to mind when I think of these two, hypocrit isn't the first.
rotflffao!!!

While his old man can only talk the talk.

Charlie's too busy wearing kilts and stuff.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I hope your not knocking Kilts, my good man. I love nothing more then showing up at formal and semi formal gatherings in mine.

Oops, no I..er.. didn't mean that...ah.. I'll have to remember what I meant :dontknow: