Government says Britain would nuke rogue state that attacks it with "dirty bombs."

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Government says Britain would nuke rogue state that attacks it with "dirty bombs."

BRITAIN'S NUKE TERROR VOW

The Sun

By George Pascoe, Political Editor

Don't f**k with us: Britain would not hesitate to destroy a rogue state with a nuclear strike from its Trident nuclear weapons system (pictured above) if it attacks a British city with a "dirty bomb" or a germ warfare attack

Britain would launch a nuclear strike on a rogue state to sink a terror plot, ministers confirmed last night.

Defence Secretary Des Browne said Britain would blast a state-backed terror campaign with Trident nukes.

He insisted Tony Blair and defence chiefs would NOT hesitate to use our arsenal of nuclear warheads to protect our "vital" interests. Lawless states sending suicide bombers armed with nuclear "dirty bombs" or planning germ warfare attacks would be hit.

Mr Browne told MPs: "This is designed to address the strategic threat posed posed by states possessing nuclear weapons using a delivery mechanism that employs terrorism." He refused to spell out when and where nukes would be used to ensure the element of surprise.

Mr Browne told the Defence Committee: "Keeping them guessing to a degree and keeping a degree of ambiguity is all part of deterrence."

The Defence Secretary was being grilled about plans to replace ageing Trident weapons systems. The PM wants a £20 billion new system to protect the UK until 2050. Britain's nuclear armoury was built to see off the threat of Communism before the Soviet Union collapsed.

Critics say there is no need to replace Trident missiles and their submarines.

But Mr Browne warned that terrorists armed with nuclear waste or biological weapons pose the biggest threat to UK security in the coming years.

thesun.co.uk

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Fat chance Herm...with your leader wearing his made-in-America collar scampering about the legs of the American master...not only is it possible that Britain would launch against somone it's a delightful scenario to the Pentagon to have anyone else open Pandora's box.

How is it do you suppose that in the great democracies of the world that despite millions around the world demonstrating their outrage and fear at the machinations of the British Empire and the American Empire that Blair and Bush can get away with spending untold millions on an action that so far has had the effect of multiplying..of expanding ...of increasing the instability of the world that has these great leaders talking about nukes one more time...

Insanity.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
people have been terrified of "the bomb" for decades but it hasnt been dropped yet... I know i may be being niave but I think it won't happen. maybe i just hope it wont

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
it's certainly a scary thought. Blair on the button.

although, to be honest, I was always suprised Maragret Thatcher never suggested using it against the Argies.

But I do find it silly that no-one has done enough research into tactical nuclear weaponary, cus that could be very effective.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Maggie on the button

it's certainly a scary thought. Blair on the button.

although, to be honest, I was always suprised Maragret Thatcher never suggested using it against the Argies.

But I do find it silly that no-one has done enough research into tactical nuclear weaponary, cus that could be very effective.

Egad sir: Surely you jest!!:laughing7:

That woulda put it in our hemisphere. Not cricket doncha know.

Tosh tosh.:)