US Praise for Canadians in Afghanistan

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It only gets better if we work to make it better...

"better" is a subjective interpretation by the way...

I have mixed feelings regarding your recent (to me at least) acknowledgement that your son is serving in the Far East. I have found nothing in life that's as soul-searing as war and everything directly and indirectly involved with that hobgoblin...

My support and sympathy go out to you.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Mikey - I guess you are addressing me - as we are "alone" here

My nephew was wounded in Iraq and returned home to rehab over a year ago. He is still encumbered but is doing well thank you. Off to university next fall.

My other stepson has been in Iraq on two deployments with the Marines. Back to university when he returns.

The stepson outside of Iran is on his second deployment into the Persian Gulf waters - he is in the Navy. He is career.

I write this not for sympathy but because I do not take the middle east deployment of troops lightly - I am of the families who stand to lose much.

Regardless of that personal stuff, I thought the article well written and when I see things which are productive to inter-relations between the two nations, I savor them - as water in a desert.

And of course I was offering a mea culpa for my anger on the other topic. Thanks for reading the essay -

BoneCrusher

Jan 17, 2007
US praise Canadians . . . because they know the mess that they handed off to Canada and its Allies in Afghanistan.