Britain's soon-to-be Prime Minister blasts Europe's anti-Americanism

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Soon-to-be British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, has pledged to make British citizens richer - and has also attacked France, Germany and other Continental Europeans for their anti-Americanism. Brown is more anti-EU than Blair is and the EU can expect Brown not to be as much of a pushover as Blair was. Whilst attacking Europe's anti-Americanism, the eager Atlanticist also vowed to strengthen the Anglo-American relationship and to build a new world order based on Britain and America's shared values.
--------------------------------------------------------

Pledge ... Gordon Brown will become British Prime Minister this year

Brown vows to make Brits rich

From GEORGE PASCOE-WATSON

Political Editor, in India
January 18, 2007

GORDON Brown last night vowed to devote his time as PM to making Brits RICHER and SAFER in a perilous world.

Mr Brown also pledged to put brave British troops at the top of his agenda — forcing Nato and UN states to share the burden of fighting and peacekeeping.

Asked about becoming Prime Minister, the Chancellor said: “I see myself representing Britain, doing my best for Britain, and talking about what is going to bring British people prosperity.”

Mr Brown said education will be the UK’s No1 money-spinner in the next 20 years, and stressed the financial sector and pharmaceuticals industry will keep the nation's economy growing at break-neck pace.

He also slammed France and other EU states for their anti-Americanism — and told ITV News he vowed to build a new world order based on the shared values of Britain and the US.

He called for a shake-up of international bodies including the UN, NATO and the World Bank.
---------------

THE Chancellor last night blamed sky-high oil and energy prices for soaring inflation rates.

thesun.co.uk