Mexico's New President = New Deal?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/212343,CST-NWS-mex16.article

This was announced last weekend and very few media outlets are even giving it mention ... I hope some of the people in that chaotic nation will be served by this new idea.... it's late in coming and such a tragedy for the human migrants having to leave their homes, walk for thousands of miles, just to find a job....in the U.S. I am surprised the U.N. has never addressed it as if it doesn't exist....but I guess if you don't witness it daily as I often do in California, you can't imagine in your worst nightmares this kind of trade in humans... it's a modern slavery and nothing is done.

Mexico starts effort to slow immigration
January 16, 2007

MEXICO CITY -- President Felipe Calderon launched a program Monday to create jobs for young Mexicans and curb the flow of millions of migrants to the United States.

The program will give cash incentives to companies for hiring first-time job holders. Calderon, who took office in December, campaigned on promises to boost employment opportunities in Mexico, vowing to be the ''Jobs President.''
A conservative who narrowly won the July election, Calderon is under pressure from a strong leftist opposition to alleviate poverty affecting half the country's citizens.
While he has criticized U.S. immigration policies, such as a proposed border fence, he says Mexico must stem the tide of immigration by increasing opportunities.
''Employment is the biggest door to get out of poverty. It is the only path to substantially raise a family's quality of life,'' Calderon said.
The government will also pay into social security for first-time job holders for one year. AP